Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmer Forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers. Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg because we're migrating!

September 2013 rumored list leak

Go down 
+4
MaxxiasCXY96
ajambokc
Solid Snake
ΛΔ
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

Charmer Power : 2295
Favorite Charmer : Wynn

September 2013 rumored list leak Empty
PostSubject: September 2013 rumored list leak   September 2013 rumored list leak I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 5:45 pm

http://ygorganization.com/sept2013list/

Newly Forbidden:
Burner, Dragon Ruler of Sparks (炎征竜-バーナー)
Lightning, Dragon Ruler of Drafts (風征竜-ライトニング)
Reactan, Dragon Ruler of Pebbles (地征竜-リアクタン)
Stream, Dragon Ruler of Droplets (水征竜-ストリーム)
Spellbook of Judgment (魔導書の神判)

Newly Limited:
Brotherhood of the Fire Fist – Rooster (立炎星-トウケイ)
Genex Ally Birdman (A・ジェネクス・バードマン)
Mermail Abyssteus (水精鱗-ディニクアビス)
Wind-Up Shark (ゼンマイシャーク)
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier (氷結界の龍 トリシューラ)
Number 11: Big Eye (No.11 ビッグ・アイ)
Divine Wind of Mist Valley (霞の谷の神風)
Super Rejuvenation (超再生能力)
Abyss-sphere (アビスフィアー)

Newly Semi-Limited:
Gladiator Beast Bestiari (剣闘獣ベストロウリィ)
Gorz the Emissary of Darkness (冥府の使者ゴーズ)
Neo-Spacian Grand Mole (N・グラン・モール)
Black Whirlwind (黒い旋風)

Newly Unlimited:
Tsukuyomi (月読命)
Wind-Up Magician (ゼンマイマジシャン)
Advanced Ritual Art (高等儀式術)
E – Emergency Call (E-エマージェンシーコール)
Pot of Duality (強欲で謙虚な壺)
Scapegoat (スケープ・ゴート)
Mirror Force (聖なるバリア-ミラーフォース-)

If true, I think I'd be pretty alright with this. Hits both Dragon Rulers and Prophecy in ways I can get behind, but also goes after Mermail and Fire Fist so they won't get a free pass to Tier-1 status. Gonna miss Birdman abuse though, I'll admit. Probably the only hit that can actually affect any of my deck ideas, though fortunately not by a whole lot. Bit surprised at Duality being dropped down, but I guess people have finally started wising up to the fact that it just DOESN'T WORK IN EVERY DECK compared to when it first came out where everyone was basically "run 3 or ur deck sux" Mirror Force is similar, good card but for most smart players it typically isn't too much of a problem.

Pandemic not being hit is probably the only thing I can think of that I don't like. Since I still think having it at 3 would be too much with how much other alternative protection is available and it being Ophion searchable.

Gorz and Mole semi'd though basically screams "plz abuse me".

Finally

> Scapegoat at 3

> Goat Control 2013

I'll be laughing if this becomes a thing
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
Hippocampus

Charmer Power : 582
Badges :
September 2013 rumored list leak 1658415264 September 2013 rumored list leak 3087721399September 2013 rumored list leak 1380831044

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
September 2013 rumored list leak Left_bar_bleue500/500September 2013 rumored list leak Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
September 2013 rumored list leak Left_bar_bleue200/200September 2013 rumored list leak Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 rumored list leak   September 2013 rumored list leak I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 12:14 pm

Saw this on YCM. I'm kinda suprised so many cards from LTGY and JOTL were hit, but to be fair, they aren't that new to OCG.

Believe it or not, I actually don't like it. Don't get me wrong, the Dragon Ruler and Prophecy hits are good (even though most people I know predicted they'd limit Spellbook of Secrets). But I feel that the list is too game-changing, and it allows one to get away with too many things that normally one shouldn't get away with. It might be easier going at it deck by deck though, so here goes:

Dragon Ruler builds, like they were this summer, are dead. The big dragons are still around but can't work with each other as well. Limiting Super Rejuv also kills Dragon Exodia, which I'm glad to see as well. Limiting Big Eye, however, does nothing, as most Extra Decks only ran 1 anyway. Card should be at 0.

Prophecies weren't hit enough. As stated before, I honestly thought they would also limit Secrets. As they are now, they are still going to be a strong deck just as they were before LTGY.

While I didn't expect it, I agree with Birdman's hit. Too many lolsy OTKs with Blaze Fenix, Gallis the Star Beast, bouncing Synchros, etc. But Divine Wind of Mist Valley to 1? I didn't even think that combo was really consistent. What they should do is just ban Symbol of Heritage and be done with all current and future shit. Would warrant Dewloren coming back to 3 as well.

Didn't know Abyssteus was that much of a problem in Mermails... I always thought Dragoons or Abyssmegalo were the problem cards. Then again, I also thought Abyss-squall was better than Abyss-sphere Razz I'll learn how they work this format, I promise lol

Imo, Fire Fists aren't hit enough either. They're trying to sell Bear in the tins, yeah, but the deck is still too good. It'll be top until March I bet. Speaking of which, Onslaught of the Fire Kings needs to be somewhere on here too. Card is whack.

They need to hurry up and figure out what the hell they want with Wind-Ups already... it was a poorly made archetype, but that doesn't mean they have to keep moving cards around lol

Trishula coming back... is pretty bad. Synchro spam decks can still be strong without that card (we have Mist Wurm), and if you haven't seen this yet, Trishula + Formula Synchron = Star Eater for GG. With Scapegoats at 3 as well? I honestly see both Junk Doppel Plants and Fabled Synchro meta relevant again, and even Quickdraw Dandywarrior meta relevant again.

And then there's the semi-limits. Augh, the semi-limits. Black Whirlwind, Bestiari, and Mole to 2 are all terrible ideas, as well as Advanced Ritual Art to 3. These cards were all limited for a reason: the decks they were used in were too powerful for these cards to be ran in multiples. Gladiator Beast Gyzarus is stupid, and Bestiari at 2 means he's around twice as much. Whirlwind was the card that made Blackwings never run out of resources. I agree with Kalut at 3, but not this card. Mole can be severely looped even at 1 to lock your opponent down. Now he's twice as easy to get out. And ARA is just poor card design that made Demise OTK a thing. All bad decisions for what Konami claims to be a "slower format". I'd also include Emergency Call here too, but considering it was only semi'd for one format, it's like it never was.

But you know what will happen, right? People will try playing these decks (Blackwings, Glad Beasts, Mole Spam), and then stop caring, because there are better things in the meta. Remember Lightsworns last format with Lumina at 3? Neither did I. And no one will complain of them ever again. Well, that is NOT the case with umm, Gorz the Emissary of Darkness. I know very well why they're doing this, but it really is another terrible move. Almost every deck that runs 1 Gorz now will run 2 Gorz next month. And it's just dumb. The fact of the matter is that a 2700 beater (and another free monster on the field) at the cost of not playing anything is just garbage. Did you forget he's also a Big Eye material? Who by the way STILL isn't banned? Gorz, just stay at 1. I would take Trag to 3 before this any day.

The other unlimits were to be expected actually. Tsukuyomi at 3 and Mirror Force at 3 makes sense just because of the way the ban list works. I still am baffled why Torrential went to 2 before Mirror Force did, though lol. These cards won't even be ran at 3 anyway, and neither will Pot of Duality like you said. Also surprised Thunder King didn't go anywhere, up or down.

And... there're my thoughts! Feel free to hate me now (or ignore me XP)

Regarding Evilswarms, I had a good feeling they wouldn't get hit, at least not directly. They're good, but not top tier. The same thing happened with Dark Worlds last year; everyone thought they would hit Grapha or Snoww, but they didn't because Inzektors, Hieratic Dragons, Dino Rabbits, etc., were all dominating them.

Of course, this could very well turn out not to be the list... in which case all this was for naught.
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

Charmer Power : 2295

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 rumored list leak   September 2013 rumored list leak I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 4:11 am

looks like its legit, with some more additions

link above has all the new info with V-JUMP camrips

ps I want those Madolche sleeves
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :
September 2013 rumored list leak 1658415264 September 2013 rumored list leak 3087721399September 2013 rumored list leak 1380831044

Character sheet
HP:
September 2013 rumored list leak Left_bar_bleue500/500September 2013 rumored list leak Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
September 2013 rumored list leak Left_bar_bleue200/200September 2013 rumored list leak Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 rumored list leak   September 2013 rumored list leak I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 11:24 am

Thoughts:

-Chaos Sorceror at 2? This is now the most moved around card in banlist history, beating Nobleman of Crossout XD
-Tenki at 2? Good. Fire Fists are balanced now. Card was pretty splashable anyway.
-Reasoning at 3? Well it didn't much at 2, so I don't really care about this.

How bout that new 4 banlists per year thing? Wink
Back to top Go down
Solid Snake
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Solid Snake

Charmer Power : 1212
Favorite Charmer : Lyna

Character sheet
Name: Cardboard Box
HP:
September 2013 rumored list leak Left_bar_bleue1/5September 2013 rumored list leak Empty_bar_bleue  (1/5)
MP:
September 2013 rumored list leak Left_bar_bleue12/12September 2013 rumored list leak Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 rumored list leak   September 2013 rumored list leak I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 2:05 am

The ban of the baby dragons and Judgment Day were something I'd never expect Konami to do, but I'm glad it's on the list so I won't have to endure another format of it.

Changes I do not favor:
Genex Ally Birdman limited
Divine Wind of Mist Valley limited
Big Eye limited
Trishula limited
Abyssteus limited
Gorz semi-limited
E-Call unlimited

The list would be much much better imo had Konami reverted the following changes.
If Birdman and Divine Wind got hit due to the ftks it would enable ftk's all that, then I would ban Fusion Gate instead.

My changes:
Fusion Gate forbiddened
Atlantean Dragoons limited

That's it.
Back to top Go down
Wynn
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer
Wynn

Charmer Power : 2548
Badges :
September 2013 rumored list leak 414547

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 rumored list leak   September 2013 rumored list leak I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 2:25 am

Solid Snake wrote:
The ban of the baby dragons and Judgment Day were something I'd never expect Konami to do, but I'm glad it's on the list so I won't have to endure another format of it.

Changes I do not favor:
Genex Ally Birdman limited
Divine Wind of Mist Valley limited
Big Eye limited
Trishula limited
Abyssteus limited
Gorz semi-limited
E-Call unlimited

The list would be much much better imo had Konami reverted the following changes.
If Birdman and Divine Wind got hit due to the ftks it would enable ftk's all that, then I would ban Fusion Gate instead.

My changes:
Fusion Gate forbiddened
Atlantean Dragoons limited

That's it.
With the support d wind got I am not suprised it got hit. Limited seems a tad much to me and hitting it harder with birdman again seems a tad uneeded but I at least understant it. Fusion gate while FTK enabling is I don't think an extremely high problem card. Once Dancer came out d wind hit didn't suprise me.
Back to top Go down
http://andromon1217.deviantart.com/
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 rumored list leak   September 2013 rumored list leak I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 6:11 pm

Solid Snake wrote:
Changes I do not favor:
Big Eye limited
Abyssteus limited
What's your reasoning for the above? In my opinion, these are good changes (though I can see that limiting Dragoons would be a good alternative.

Also, they'll never do anything to Fusion Gate. Combos and OTKs have existed with that card ever since Chain Material came out in PTDN, but they've never thought about touching it since they're so inconsistent.
Back to top Go down
Solid Snake
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Solid Snake

Character sheet
HP:
September 2013 rumored list leak Left_bar_bleue1/5September 2013 rumored list leak Empty_bar_bleue  (1/5)
MP:
September 2013 rumored list leak Left_bar_bleue12/12September 2013 rumored list leak Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 rumored list leak   September 2013 rumored list leak I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:10 am

As said, Big Eye at one is hardly any change since people only run one of him, or hardly ever rely on him too much. E Drags were the one deck who can drop rank 7s like no big deal. Now that they got beaten down, they cannot drop rank 7s consistently and frequently. The other deck that can plenty of rank 7s would be Mermails. They got Tidal, Abyssmegalo, and Abyssteus, possibly Gorz and Gungnir too. Even so, they won't be using more than 1 in most builds.
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 rumored list leak   September 2013 rumored list leak I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 9:33 am

I don't disagree, but the fact that he is now limited is hope that he will be banned eventually. Most of the time big boss monsters are first limited before they are banned (Goyo, Zenmaighty, Brionac, Trishula, even BLS when he first came out). His limiting means Konami recognizes him as a problem card but still expects to make money off him (he may get a reprint soon), and when they realize he's still too powerful for competitive play, then he will hopefully be banned.
Back to top Go down
Wynn
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer
Wynn

Badges :

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 rumored list leak   September 2013 rumored list leak I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 9:54 am

Or they reconize that the steal multiple big eyes on the field is just wrong lol. Personaly big eye is nasty but he is a rank 7 lol
Back to top Go down
ajambokc
New Charmer
New Charmer
ajambokc

Charmer Power : 1031

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 rumored list leak   September 2013 rumored list leak I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 1:55 pm

No one knows that harpyiens can call mecha or even big eye much much easier! Thats really weird.
(Harpie Channeler in combination with Harpie's Pet Dragon)
What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 rumored list leak   September 2013 rumored list leak I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 9:28 pm

Harpies aren't that bad of a deck though.

If the win condition of a deck is a generic splashable Extra Deck monster, then you shouldn't be worried about that archetype topping or needing to be hit. It's the generic splashable Extra Deck monster's fault.

Also, I'd personally choose Big Eye over Dracossack in Harpie decks (but I may be doing it wrong, of course).
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 rumored list leak   September 2013 rumored list leak I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 9:08 pm

Alright, everyone.... it seems that pigs can fly now...
The TCG list, if I may: http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

Newly Forbidden:
Burner, Dragon Ruler of Sparks
Lightning, Dragon Ruler of Drafts
Reactan, Dragon Ruler of Pebbles
Stream, Dragon Ruler of Droplets
Elemental Hero Stratos
Number 16: Shock Master
Spellbook of Judgment
Card Destruction
Gateway of the Six
Heavy Storm
Monster Reborn
Pot of Avarice
Super Rejuvenation
Solemn Judgment
Ultimate Offering

Newly Limited:
Genex Ally Birdman
Atlantean Dragoons
Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Spirit
Deep Sea Diva
Rescue Rabbit
Thunder King Rai-Oh
Evigishki Mind Augus
Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier
Constellar Ptolemy M7
Dimensional Fissure
Gold Sarcophagus
Royal Tribute
Bottomless Trap Hole
Compulsory Evacuation Device
Eradicator Epidemic Virus
Macro Cosmos
Soul Drain
Torrential Tribute

Newly Semi-Limited:
Mezuki
Plaguespreader Zombie
T.G. Striker
Fire Formation - Tenki
Dimensional Prison

Newly Unlimited:
Tsukuyomi
Destiny Hero - Malicious
The Agent of Mystery - Earth
E - Emergency Call
Pot of Duality
Scapegoat
A Hero Lives
Black Whirlwind
Hieratic Seal of Convocation

This... this was unexpected. The TCG can finally say they have a different list than the OCG, and for once, it's a very slow and controlled format (comparatively). I would be completely in love with this... except I left all my cards home when I went to my dorm and now I can't update my decks cries 

In all honesty, the list is not perfect, but it is a step in the right direction. Everything that was kept the same from the OCG list was a good change imo (even though Scapegoat is still lols), and they didn't do stupid things like limit Divine Wind of Mist Valley or semi Gorz. But Big Eye is untouched, which concerns me, as well as Prophecies not having any additional hits. And I actually laughed at seeing nothing happening to Wind-Ups.

Stratos being banned is not cool. I don't care if A Hero Lives comes back to 3, Heroes don't live without Stratos. Lol but it's true. Besides, that card only works for Elemental Heroes... what about Destiny Heroes? Losing Stratos hurts them big time, and having a 3rd Malicious only promotes TeleDAD (which... I'll let you decide if that's good or bad).

Shock Master was annoying, but not banworthy. I personally think he was balanced by requiring 3 materials. Then again, I only really saw much play with him in Wind-Ups (lol) and Gadgets, the latter of which I'm sad for Ultimate Offering but can understand why it's going. Card Destruction I feel the same way for, but again I play Dark Worlds so I'm biased to that, (and conversely Gateway I'm glad is being banned, but I'm biased against that) Razz

While it pains me to say this, Monster Reborn and Pot of Avarice I actually agree with being banned. You basically just splashed those cards in whatever deck you run nowadays, and your deck automatically got stronger. Now, you have to be a bit more skillful and think about what you run, as you can't just swap them out for COTH and Duplicity, respectively.

Heavy Storm, on the other hand, is the BIGGEST mistake they've ever done. Did they learn nothing from September 2010? Having only 1 Bottomless, Compulsory, and Torrential and only 2 D Prison and Mirror Force is not that game-changing (except now Traptrix are sad), and the "set 5 pass" format is still going to exist. I'm especially fearful of stall and burn decks once again... Well maybe Charmers can benefit from this, but really, Heavy shouldn't be banned.

Solemn I'm on the fence about. It certainly is a skillful card that can backfire if not played carefully, and I don't see it as bannable. But it's whatever at this point. And banning Super Rejuv is cool.

What else, what else... Mermails and Fire Fists are hit better now, and so are Rabbit decks. There's that Thunder King I predicted. But Mind Augus? What have Gishkis ever done? And still butthurt about Dewloren when there are worse cards out there in multiples? That's kinda dumb. Macro decks are dead, but hitting Soul Drain was REALLY dumb. And I'm completely clueless as to why Ptolemy is in there; what deck spams Rank 6s?

EEV I'm cool with. Gold Sarc doesn't affect me, but I don't see it needing a limit.

And now the fun stuff. Aside from the terrible move of making Black Whirlwind at 3, there's nothing to complain about here. Almost everyone I know (me included) wanted to see Earth back to 3 and Striker to 2, and there they are. Mezuki and Plaguespreader are interesting choices, to say the least, but Zombies have been dead for a while now, and I think Plaguespreader was still only limited in the OCG because of its Xyz ruling. To be fair, though, banning Card Destruction does hurt them. And, umm... why did people stop playing Hieratics? Oh well, no one cares anyway lol.

Overall, this sets up for a much slower format, with everything much more balanced. The OCG list does that too, but I'm more in favor of this one. I just wish we could pick the best of both X)

...I'm curious as to which list everyone else likes better. Sorry again for ranting. I guess that's just what I do around here.
Back to top Go down
Solid Snake
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Solid Snake

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 rumored list leak   September 2013 rumored list leak I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 10:06 pm

At first, I was like "Why Konami? This list is terrible!" but then I observed the list more carefully.

Heavy Storm banned was something I never wanted to see. Konami did us a favor and hit many backrow cards as well, but that was not a fair trade. People can still set massive backrow, and may now do so without the threat of heavy storm.

Card Destruction and Gateway were poorly made cards that deserved to be banned. That was a great hit.

Back to top Go down
ajambokc
New Charmer
New Charmer
ajambokc

Charmer Power : 1031

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 rumored list leak   September 2013 rumored list leak I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 1:17 am

Most importantly...Trishula is not back!Neutral 
Back to top Go down
Wynn
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer
Wynn

Badges :

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 rumored list leak   September 2013 rumored list leak I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 1:32 am

Well it was speculated for a while, but now this makes it offical, I am soly an OCG player now.
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 rumored list leak   September 2013 rumored list leak I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 7:59 am

Solid Snake wrote:
At first, I was like "Why Konami? This list is terrible!" but then I observed the list more carefully.

Heavy Storm banned was something I never wanted to see. Konami did us a favor and hit many backrow cards as well, but that was not a fair trade. People can still set massive backrow, and may now do so without the threat of heavy storm.

Card Destruction and Gateway were poorly made cards that deserved to be banned. That was a great hit.
Agreed. The only way for Heavy Storm to be truly banable would be to also limit Magic Cylinder, Fiendish Chain, Breakthrough Skill, and Forbidden Lance, and to ban Magical Explosion and Wall of Revealing Light. Frankly, I don't think the game is ready for no Heavy. As it is right now, I'm honestly thinking Gravekeeper's will do VERY well this format (because just swap out the 2nd Royal Tribute for a 3rd Duality, no problems there). Prisma Glads will also rock too (even though no Stratos ARRGH).

Also, you'd think they'd ban Dark Hole as well, because it's so similar in function to Heavy Storm. But apparently monsters are more important than Magics and Traps...

ajambokc wrote:
Most importantly...Trishula is not back!Neutral 
And everyone who bought one now just lost $40 -_-
Back to top Go down
MaxxiasCXY96
New Charmer
New Charmer
MaxxiasCXY96

Charmer Power : 1114

Character sheet
Name: Maxxy
HP:
September 2013 rumored list leak Left_bar_bleue245/245September 2013 rumored list leak Empty_bar_bleue  (245/245)
MP:
September 2013 rumored list leak Left_bar_bleue175/175September 2013 rumored list leak Empty_bar_bleue  (175/175)

PostSubject: easy replacement for heavy storm   September 2013 rumored list leak I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 8:36 pm

No heavy storm? lol Royal Decree and Trap Stun can easily replace Heavy Storm Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/aznplayaboi?feature=mhee
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 rumored list leak   September 2013 rumored list leak I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 10:40 am

MaxxiasCXY96 wrote:
No heavy storm? lol Royal Decree and Trap Stun can easily replace Heavy Storm Razz
Maybe. Not every deck can run Decree, though. And don't forget about set spells like MST, Forbidden Lance, Book of Moon, etc.
Back to top Go down
Wynn
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer
Wynn

Badges :

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 rumored list leak   September 2013 rumored list leak I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 4:04 pm

So who else has become an OCG only player? lol
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 rumored list leak   September 2013 rumored list leak I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 4:43 pm

Honestly, Wynn, the TCG list is not that bad. They decided to make the game much slower and hit top tier decks to make a fairly diverse meta, and this list certainly does it. The OCG list is balanced with itself, too, but you can't deny it's to prepare for a much faster game and to allow one to get away with much more. Personally, the only changes I strongly disagree with on the TCG list at this point are Heavy Storm, Solemn Judgment, and Black Whirlwind. Everything else hurts my decks a lot, but I can definitely adapt to them and am interested in seeing how this format plays.

What exactly don't you like about it?
Back to top Go down
Wynn
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer
Wynn

Badges :

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 rumored list leak   September 2013 rumored list leak I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 8:44 pm

Hippocampus wrote:
Honestly, Wynn, the TCG list is not that bad. They decided to make the game much slower and hit top tier decks to make a fairly diverse meta, and this list certainly does it. The OCG list is balanced with itself, too, but you can't deny it's to prepare for a much faster game and to allow one to get away with much more. Personally, the only changes I strongly disagree with on the TCG list at this point are Heavy Storm, Solemn Judgment, and Black Whirlwind. Everything else hurts my decks a lot, but I can definitely adapt to them and am interested in seeing how this format plays.

What exactly don't you like about it?
Well I don't like how it unneedly disables more decks then it enables.
While true I could probably deal with reborn/avarice gone. Heavy crosses the line.
I could even deal with no solem, 1 bottomless and such.
I don't like stratos gone, since it kills the main theme to the deck, I don't like diva to 1 What did she ever hurt? I don't like M7 to 1. Again not a broken card. Good yes, broken no. Those 3 cards seem like there were hit to allow mal to 3. I see less playiblity from this, not more. Shock master to, I general only use 1 so if they wanted to hit it, it should have been to 1.

I like more playible from the banlist not less. Though granted the banlist is ment to hurt and help decks. I don;t approve of a banlist that kills my fun decks.
So I look forward to adding Trish to a few of my decks come a week Very Happy cuz as I said, I am only playing OCG. (I may see if my Volcanics can play TCG, they don't lose much and the slowed down force may be enough to help them.)
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 rumored list leak   September 2013 rumored list leak I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 12:22 pm

Wynn wrote:
While true I could probably deal with reborn/avarice gone. Heavy crosses the line.
I don't like stratos gone, since it kills the main theme to the deck, I don't like diva to 1 What did she ever hurt? I don't like M7 to 1. Again not a broken card. Good yes, broken no. Those 3 cards seem like there were hit to allow mal to 3. I see less playiblity from this, not more. Shock master to, I general only use 1 so if they wanted to hit it, it should have been to 1.

I like more playible from the banlist not less. Though granted the banlist is ment to hurt and help decks. I don;t approve of a banlist that kills my fun decks.
So I look forward to adding Trish to a few of my decks come a week :Dcuz as I said, I am only playing OCG. (I may see if my Volcanics can play TCG, they don't lose much and the slowed down force may be enough to help them.)
Diva was hit because of Mermails, not because of Malicious. She made plays in that deck that were just too good, comboing with Atlantean Dragoons and such. I'm glad she got hit. The other things you mentioned like Stratos and Heavy I agree with, though.

And what you just said is exactly the reason why Shock Master was banned. Most people did only use 1, so limiting it would not have done anything, and people would still complain about it. Just like the Big Eye hit in OCG, which I still think is not going to change anything.

I don't like killing my fun decks either, but sometimes cards are broken by top decks, and while it's the top decks' fault, the splashable cards are usually to blame. Like, I was really bummed when Sangan was banned because it hurt a bunch of my fun decks, but I can see why it was banworthy for the top decks that abused it. Same with Pot of Avarice actually; our Gustos get hurt by that. But ever since Reborn Tengu came out, that card became stupid good, and needed to go. Remember what we said before about Rescue Cat and Rescue Rabbit? Same thing applies here.

If you want to play OCG, then I'm not going to stop you. I'll even play with you if you want (still haven't forgotten about the tournament, I hope?) I was just curious because you completely dissed the TCG list without giving any reason why Razz
Back to top Go down
Wynn
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer
Wynn

Badges :

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 rumored list leak   September 2013 rumored list leak I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 2:56 pm

Hippocampus wrote:
Wynn wrote:

So I look forward to adding Trish to a few of my decks come a week :Dcuz as I said, I am only playing OCG. (I may see if my Volcanics can play TCG, they don't lose much and the slowed down force may be enough to help them.)
Diva was hit because of Mermails, not because of Malicious. She made plays in that deck that were just too good, comboing with Atlantean Dragoons and such. I'm glad she got hit. The other things you mentioned like Stratos and Heavy I agree with, though.

And what you just said is exactly the reason why Shock Master was banned. Most people did only use 1, so limiting it would not have done anything, and people would still complain about it. Just like the Big Eye hit in OCG, which I still think is not going to change anything.

I don't like killing my fun decks either, but sometimes cards are broken by top decks, and while it's the top decks' fault, the splashable cards are usually to blame. Like, I was really bummed when Sangan was banned because it hurt a bunch of my fun decks, but I can see why it was banworthy for the top decks that abused it. Same with Pot of Avarice actually; our Gustos get hurt by that. But ever since Reborn Tengu came out, that card became stupid good, and needed to go. Remember what we said before about Rescue Cat and Rescue Rabbit? Same thing applies here.

If you want to play OCG, then I'm not going to stop you. I'll even play with you if you want (still haven't forgotten about the tournament, I hope?) I was just curious because you completely dissed the TCG list without giving any reason why Razz
I do believe I did state my reasoning in my previous post but to be clear;
I have a problem with soo much change. If they wanted to hit sooo many decks, ok, fine. I am ok with slow. But not only did they hit decks they hit staples(heavy) which again I can live with, no granted I am not happy about.
The kicker the true kicker is cards like Diva(and meh, on mermails, I think hitting dragoons, sphere and marksman would have been just as vaible without killing fun decks) M7, Shock master(Shock master was a completely fine card). These hits destroy decks I like, and it gives me less to work with. I like those cards there didn't derseve the hit. I was sad about sangan yes but the thing is, sangan while also may not have truely earned the spot to me, he was 1 card. And I actually liked finding out that a few decks worked better without him. I like learning that, but to lose sooo much. I gives me less to work with, not more.

Oh and I would be happy to still duel in a tournment, but unfortently my mind on "Soley an OCG player" will and has not changed, for this format, with the exception of maybe a deck or to out of curiousity, though unlikely.
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 rumored list leak   September 2013 rumored list leak I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 12:06 pm

Wynn wrote:
I do believe I did state my reasoning in my previous post but to be clear;
I have a problem with soo much change. If they wanted to hit sooo many decks, ok, fine. I am ok with slow. But not only did they hit decks they hit staples(heavy) which again I can live with, no granted I am not happy about.
The kicker the true kicker is cards like Diva(and meh, on mermails, I think hitting dragoons, sphere and marksman would have been just as vaible without killing fun decks) M7, Shock master(Shock master was a completely fine card). These hits destroy decks I like, and it gives me less to work with. I like those cards there didn't derseve the hit. I was sad about sangan yes but the thing is, sangan while also may not have truely earned the spot to me, he was 1 card. And I actually liked finding out that a few decks worked better without him. I like learning that, but to lose sooo much. I gives me less to work with, not more.

Oh and I would be happy to still duel in a tournment, but unfortently my mind on "Soley an OCG player" will and has not changed, for this format, with the exception of maybe a deck or to out of curiousity, though unlikely.
Hmm... well, not trying to offend you by saying this, but if the only reason you don't want to play under the list is because they hurt decks you like, then it sounds a bit selfish to me lol. That's just like last year, when my friend just quit playing the game because they limited REDMD and banned Future Fusion. The thing is, the banlist is as important to the game as the rest of the rules are, and there's not much we can do about it except to try to adapt. I mean, I have my problems with the state of the game and there are a few things I don't like, but I still keep playing it. But you can technically play with whatever format and cards you want, as long as you find others who are willing to play with you. So like I said, if you want to play OCG, that's fine.

That reminds me... I have to add something to the tournament thread. ...If people are ever interested in getting it going, that is -_-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 rumored list leak   September 2013 rumored list leak I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

September 2013 rumored list leak
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next