Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmer Forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers. Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg because we're migrating!

What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion

Go down 
+3
Eria
Skyblade LV12
Joan's Guardian
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Joan's Guardian
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Joan's Guardian

Charmer Power : 1222

Character sheet
Name: Joan
HP:
What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion Left_bar_bleue300/300What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)
MP:
What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion Left_bar_bleue700/700What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion Empty_bar_bleue  (700/700)

What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion Empty
PostSubject: What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion   What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 11:14 pm

http://manjyomethunder.twoday.net/stories/14638233/

Forbidden:
Goyo Guardian
Cold Wave
Mass Driver

Limited:
Honest
Dandylion
Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow
Book of Moon
Gateway of the Six

Semi-Limited
Card Trooper
Archlord Kristya
Spirit Reaper
Debris Dragon
Royal Tribute
Overload Fusion
Megamorph
Solemn Warning
Icarus Attack

Unlimited:
Chaos Sorcerer
Demise, King of Armageddon
Snipe Hunter
Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier
Gold Sarcophagus
Skill Drain
Ultimate Offering

So much wro- WAIT A MINUTE!

Limited:
Book of Moon

Limited:
Book of Moon

LIMITED:
BOOK OF MOON

What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion 300px-BookofMoonPGD-EN-R

Really Konami?
Really?

From all the the removal and control cards that are in the entire game, you have this hit this one?
Wow.
Back to top Go down
Skyblade LV12
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer
Skyblade LV12

Charmer Power : 1838

Character sheet
Name: Skyblade the Elemental Charmer
HP:
What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion Left_bar_bleue300/300What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)
MP:

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion   What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 11:32 pm

Well, it is a pity. But it does have many uses. It negates attacks and Stardust can't stop it.
Back to top Go down
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer
Eria

Charmer Power : 6524
Favorite Charmer : Eria
Badges :
What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion 28X2ifc

Character sheet
Name: Eria
HP:
MP:
What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion Left_bar_bleue150/150What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion   What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 2:12 am

Yeah, i'm also wondering why BoM is limited. It's kinda strange.

I'm not complaining, but aside from Empty Jar Deck, I wonder what's Konami's reason limiting this?
Back to top Go down
http://charmer-yugioh.vampire-legend.com
Joan's Guardian
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Joan's Guardian

Character sheet
HP:
MP:
What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion Left_bar_bleue700/700What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion Empty_bar_bleue  (700/700)

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion   What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 2:44 am

Eria wrote:
I'm not complaining, but aside from Empty Jar Deck, I wonder what's Konami's reason limiting this?

I'm guessing they're trying to promote the use of Exceed Monsters that comes in the 2011 Starter Deck and in the booster after Extreme Victory, since Book of Moon kills all Overliad monsters on the Exceed monsters, because the Overlaid monster can't reorganize the Exceed Monster anymore.

Problem is, they suck. Only 1 of them is truly playable, but only because it is easy to Summon and comes with a solid ATK/DEF stats.
Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier
Kirikaze Fuuma

Charmer Power : 5700
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :
What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion GearfriedWhat the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion S-hai01

Character sheet
Name: Wynn
HP:
What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion Left_bar_bleue280/280What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion Empty_bar_bleue  (280/280)
MP:
What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion Left_bar_bleue170/170What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion Empty_bar_bleue  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion   What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 3:57 am

Joan's Guardian wrote:
What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion 300px-BookofMoonPGD-EN-R

Really Konami?
Really?

From all the the removal and control cards that are in the entire game, you have this hit this one?
Wow.

You remind me of The Miz... --3--

BTT, Book of Moon has a reputation of destroying synchro summon by flipping the tuner face down. I agree with you that Konami wants to promote Exceed summon and doesn't want book of moon to ruin it.

Aside of this, IMO it's already pretty decent banlist. HOnest and Gateway limited, Mass Driver banned. Yeah sure. Legendary Six Samurai has been toned down right after they were released. What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion Haermm

But still, one. I mean, one gateway still makes them powerful. Mass Driver banned, I agree about this one. I've seen an opponent used Mass Driver combined with 1 Raptinus and 2 Gigaplant. Of course you already know how these four cards work together.

And in the very end of 5D era, Blackwing finally died. 1 Kalut, 1 Black Whirlwind, 1 Gale, 2 Icarus Attack. Konami finally cut both of their wing. Blackwing has finally become a crap deck after one or two years ago I found out many people keep babbling about how broken Blackwings are.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gransveld
Skyblade LV12
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer
Skyblade LV12

Charmer Power : 1838

Character sheet
Name: Skyblade the Elemental Charmer
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion   What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 11:56 pm

Joan's Guardian wrote:
http://manjyomethunder.twoday.net/stories/14638233/

Forbidden:
Goyo Guardian
Cold Wave
Mass Driver

Limited:
Honest
Dandylion
Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow
Book of Moon
Gateway of the Six

Semi-Limited
Card Trooper
Archlord Kristya
Spirit Reaper
Debris Dragon
Royal Tribute
Overload Fusion
Megamorph
Solemn Warning
Icarus Attack

Unlimited:
Chaos Sorcerer
Demise, King of Armageddon
Snipe Hunter
Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier
Gold Sarcophagus
Skill Drain
Ultimate Offering

So much wro- WAIT A MINUTE!

Limited:
Book of Moon

Limited:
Book of Moon

LIMITED:
BOOK OF MOON

Really Konami?
Really?

Wow.

Really, Mass Driver. Why not take out cannon soldier while you're at it. They are starting to have too many unfair cards that are unlimited as well. And why Cold Wave, it only stops trap cards. Why not ban every negation card? What are they thinking?
Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier
Kirikaze Fuuma

Badges :
What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion GearfriedWhat the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion S-hai01

Character sheet
HP:
What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion Left_bar_bleue280/280What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion Empty_bar_bleue  (280/280)
MP:
What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion Left_bar_bleue170/170What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion Empty_bar_bleue  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion   What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 3:43 am

Skyblade LV12 wrote:
[Really, Mass Driver. Why not take out cannon soldier while you're at it. They are starting to have too many unfair cards that are unlimited as well. And why Cold Wave, it only stops trap cards. Why not ban every negation card? What are they thinking?

Simple. Mass Driver is a spell card. It doesn't need to be normal summoned unlike Cannon Soldier. In most of Mass Driver FTK, normal summon is important. Using Cannon Soldier in FTK forced you to put double summon inside your deck and that would make the deck inconsistent.
Back to top Go down
Joan's Guardian
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Joan's Guardian

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion   What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 10:26 am

Skyblade LV12 wrote:
Really, Mass Driver. Why not take out cannon soldier while you're at it. They are starting to have too many unfair cards that are unlimited as well. And why Cold Wave, it only stops trap cards. Why not ban every negation card? What are they thinking?

Mass Driver main purpose is to have infinite loops have a victory conditions. Banning was an amazing idea, since we don't need more FTKs that involve this card. Cannon soldier is much more slower since it requires to be Normal Summoned, meaning it's wide open getting destroyed by battle.

And Cold Wave isn't comparable to any other card in the game. It's purpose these days was to make any non-OTK fields into OTKs or just simply lock out your opponent just by the use of a single card. It's 1 of the most broken cards in the entire game.

Honestly, the only thing I'm happy about the list are the banned and some of the limits (Dandylion and Gateway). Most of the other things are just a miss, especially hitting Archlord Kristia at 2 while all those decks don't run then 2 anyway, Overload Fusion back at 2 when Chimeratch Overdagon still exists, Royal Tribute at 2 barely hurts GK, people play only 2 Debris at the time in other decks that aren't Quickdraw, Chaos Sorcerer back at 3, and limiting Kalut, while Shura is a much bigger problem, since he basicly makes the deck runs stupidly abusable, since he searches all the Tuners in the deck and makes Vayu usage a joke.

Oh, and Monster Reborn is still at 1.

wut
Back to top Go down
Kappa Tulen
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Kappa Tulen

Charmer Power : 1494
Badges :
What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion Shiningfri-1

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion   What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 6:35 am

Well, Book of Moon getting Limited still make some sense. It is overused on Meta Nowaday. Aside from universal use to weaken monster by shifting their battle position, save our monster from BTH or other thing, and stop synchro Summoning, most Meta Deck can abuse it as well. Saber use it to give fodder to Fullhelm. Blackwing use it for Shura and Bora. Gravekeeper use it to reuse the Spy. Six Samurai... Well, not much actually. But it is proven that most of the top 32 at the last YCS Main-decking 3 Book of Moon. That's the proof that the card is overused.

Dandy at 1 is a nice thing. That Quickdraw and Debris Deck surely over-abuse that card.

Goyo... Well, that one was unexpected.

Trooper at 2 is reasonable enough, considering Lightsworn and other deck that need milling is already got weakened.

The Overload Fusion at 2 and Sarcho at 3? Well, sure it do wonder for Chimeratech OTK deck. But that deck is not one that will reach the top tier given that Effect Veiler is main decked on most competitive Deck nowaday...

For Cold Wave... That card is broken. Face it. You won't like it if your enemy use cold wave, followed by Monarch, Judgment Dragon, Hyunlei+Faultroll, Debris to Blackrose, or even 2 Machina Fortress With Solidarity that already activate.

Mass Driver, probably to stop any further OTK or even FTK to appear. (In case you didn't notice Mizuho+Gateway+Shinai+Mass Driver=FTK... Although most Samurai Deck prefer beatdown and lock strategy this OTK Deck exist)

I for one, satisfied with this banlist. No deck really got killed. It do balancing the scale.

I actually hope that Duality also hitted to Limit or Semi though... But, oh well.
Back to top Go down
DHeroDogma
New Charmer
New Charmer
DHeroDogma

Charmer Power : 1019

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
MP:
What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion Left_bar_bleue150/150What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion   What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 3:02 pm

Kappa Tulen wrote:
I actually hope that Duality also hitted to Limit or Semi though... But, oh well.
I was told that you were supposed to run only one, since running more than one is can cause some problems. I'm still not sure, haven't try playing with more than one, so I wouldn't know... Yet.
Also, Megamorph at 2 and Demise at 3? I heard of a combo with Demise and Megamorph.
Too be honest, Gateway at 1 seems like a reasonable idea, but if they can manage to pull that along with 2 Six Samurai United, they can still bring out an infinite load of monsters and also have the draw power for a ridiculos hand.
Though I do see the promoting of Exceed and why they have Book of Moon at 1. Goyo was in fact unexected, nothing more to say.
And finally Snipe Hunter at 3. He was never usually able to acclompish what he was used for. Though, he does get around Stardust I believe.
Back to top Go down
MCK
New Charmer
New Charmer
MCK

Charmer Power : 1028

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion   What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 1:52 am

DHeroDogma wrote:

And finally Snipe Hunter at 3. He was never usually able to acclompish what he was used for. Though, he does get around Stardust I believe.

Yes. Since it's not guaranteed he will destroy anything, Stardust can't negate. Anyhow, the ban list is nice. I'm not a fan of Book of Moon at 1, but at least no one else can spam it on me either. Goyo being banned makes no sense, they should of hit Brionac before hitting Goyo. If it has to do with the Zexal monsters, there's still monster (although weaker and not used very often) like Red Moon baby, that has the exact same effect.
Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier
Kirikaze Fuuma

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion   What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 5:08 am

MCK wrote:
DHeroDogma wrote:

Yes. Since it's not guaranteed he will destroy anything, Stardust can't negate. Anyhow, the ban list is nice. I'm not a fan of Book of Moon at 1, but at least no one else can spam it on me either. Goyo being banned makes no sense, they should of hit Brionac before hitting Goyo. If it has to do with the Zexal monsters, there's still monster (although weaker and not used very often) like Red Moon baby, that has the exact same effect.

Well, Goyo in the banlist is pretty good IMO. Goyo alone makes other LV. 6 synchro monsters looks obsolete that makes other LV. 6 synchro is rarely playable. Banning it is a good idea IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion   What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What the hell is this? 2011 March banlist + Book of Moon discussion
Page 1 of 1