Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmer Forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers. Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg because we're migrating!

OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Joan's Guardian
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Joan's Guardian

Charmer Power : 1222

Character sheet
Name: Joan
HP:
OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!! Left_bar_bleue300/300OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)
MP:
OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!! Left_bar_bleue700/700OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (700/700)

OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!!   OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 12:18 pm

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/gameplay/fasteffects_timing.html

Appearently, in order to remove priority from Speed Spell 1 monster effects like DAD, JD and DLS-EotB, Konami created a new advanced rule named Fast Effect Timing. Read the entire thing

Most notable rule is this:
Quote :

Turn Player Actions

Each Phase and Step starts with the turn player in box A of the chart listed below. This is when the game state is “open”, meaning the turn player has complete freedom of action.

Many actions can ONLY be performed when the game state is open (when you’re in box A). Examples:

Normal Summon (including Tribute Summon)
Set a card
Perform a Special Summon that does not start a Chain (including Xyz Summon, Synchro Summon)
Change a monster’s Battle Position
Attempt to move to the next Phase/Step
Draw a card for your normal draw during the Draw Phase
Declare an attack
Activate an Ignition Effect
Activate a Spell Speed 1 Spell Card

If the game state is “open”, the turn player may perform any of the above actions that is appropriate. They can also choose to activate a fast effect, if they wish.

As you can see, the Fast Effect Timing allows players to respond to an action before they can trigger the effect of the monster that was just summoned.

The rule takes effect immediatly and its already implemented on DN.

Its finally over guys. Priority is finally gone.
Now study it. Study it carefully.
Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier
Kirikaze Fuuma

Charmer Power : 5700
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :
OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!! GearfriedOMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!! S-hai01

Character sheet
Name: Wynn
HP:
OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!! Left_bar_bleue280/280OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (280/280)
MP:
OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!! Left_bar_bleue170/170OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!!   OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 1:53 pm

Hmm... another weird rule from Konami..... or maybe not.

I've read an example (Yup. one or two examples are more useful than a long explanation, for me) and if the case is Rabbit vs Chalice, Rabbit get negated and won't get an effect? what makes this different than OCG rules with no priority?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gransveld
Joan's Guardian
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Joan's Guardian

Character sheet
HP:
OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!! Left_bar_bleue300/300OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)
MP:
OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!! Left_bar_bleue700/700OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (700/700)

PostSubject: Re: OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!!   OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 2:05 pm

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:

I've read an example (Yup. one or two examples are more useful than a long explanation, for me) and if the case is Rabbit vs Chalice, Rabbit get negated and won't get an effect? what makes this different than OCG rules with no priority?

Since your opponent cannot immediatly trigger it upon summon because its effect is a Spell Speed 1, Rabbit's effect will be negated, so your Rabbit cannot trigger the its effect and banish itself. Same goes for Skill Drain and Effect Veiler.
Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier
Kirikaze Fuuma

Charmer Power : 5700
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :
OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!! GearfriedOMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!! S-hai01

Character sheet
Name: Wynn
HP:
OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!! Left_bar_bleue280/280OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (280/280)
MP:
OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!! Left_bar_bleue170/170OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!!   OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 2:18 pm

Joan's Guardian wrote:
Since your opponent cannot immediatly trigger it upon summon because its effect is a Spell Speed 1, Rabbit's effect will be negated, so your Rabbit cannot trigger the its effect and banish itself. Same goes for Skill Drain and Effect Veiler.

Hmm... then this is really no different with the OCG rules. Konami TCG can simplify it with only three words : 'No more priority'. Instead, they gave us three words (Fast Effect Timing) with much more explanation for the bonus.

But if Rabbit was chained with Skill Drain, I think the Fast Effect Timing is useless. Rabbit still could banish itself since Rabbit's effect activates not on the field. Veiler is a different case though...

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gransveld
Joan's Guardian
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Joan's Guardian

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!!   OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 2:27 pm

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:

But if Rabbit was chained with Skill Drain, I think the Fast Effect Timing is useless. Rabbit still could banish itself since Rabbit's effect activates not on the field. Veiler is a different case though...

Oh yeah, just noticed that. Appearently I was wrong and Rabbit can still use its effect even when you Chalice it, however Rabbit's effect is still negated since Rabbit's effect activates on the field.
Back to top Go down
Kappa Tulen
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Kappa Tulen

Charmer Power : 1494
Badges :
OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!! Shiningfri-1

PostSubject: Re: OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!!   OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:55 pm

Can I get this straight?

Priority is still exist. What changed is, we CANNOT activate ignition effect for the response of successful summon (people tend to mistranslate this as priority)

So, turn player still have the right to activate quick effect before opponent (THIS is priority)

Anyway... Glad that it finally settled in TCG. Now BLS-EotB and Judgment Dragon is rebalanced.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!!   OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OMFG Priority no longer exists in the TCG!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1