Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmer Forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers. Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg because we're migrating!

New game mechanic: Exceed Summon

Go down 
+4
Kirikaze Fuuma
Charmer Fan Yuji
Eria
Joan's Guardian
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Joan's Guardian
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Joan's Guardian

Charmer Power : 1222

Character sheet
Name: Joan
HP:
New game mechanic: Exceed Summon Left_bar_bleue300/300New game mechanic: Exceed Summon Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)
MP:
New game mechanic: Exceed Summon Left_bar_bleue700/700New game mechanic: Exceed Summon Empty_bar_bleue  (700/700)

New game mechanic: Exceed Summon Empty
PostSubject: New game mechanic: Exceed Summon   New game mechanic: Exceed Summon I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 5:09 am

With the newest series coming soon, Konami decides to update the game (again) with a new game mechanic called Exceed Summon (not to be confused with this card)

Mechanics of Exceed Summoning:
  • Like regular Effect Monsters, Excess Monsters go in the deck and are summoned from the hand.
  • Excess Monsters cannot be Special Summoned to the field from the hand or deck, and can only be Special Summoned from the Graveyard or the Removed from Play zone if they have been successfully Exceed Summoned first.
  • To Exceed Summon an Excess Monster you must release a number of monsters on the field with combined levels equal to the Level of the Excess Monster. Additionally, all monsters released must have the same Level as each other, and at least 2 monsters must be Released. For a Level 8 Excess Monster you must release either 2 Level 4 monsters, 4 Level 2 monsters or 8 Level 1 monsters.
  • An Excess Summon is considered to be a Special Summon. If that Excess Summon would be negated you can send all Released monsters to the graveyard instead of Overlaying them to prevent the Summon from being negated.
  • When an Excess Monster is Exceed Summoned, the monsters released for it are Overlaid on that card. For the purposes of a real duel this means that the released monsters are stacked underneath the Excess Monster while it remains on the field.
  • When an Excess Monster would be removed from the field by a card effect or by battle you can remove from play 1 Overlaid Monster on that card to prevent that Excess Monster from being removed. If an Excess Monster would be removed for a cost you cannot prevent that cost with Overlaid Monsters.

TL;DR: They're reinventing Tribute Summoning for Level 7 or higher monster, which to say the least, is an interesting idea. Now to wait for the confimation of the Monsters themselves and see if they are actually worth playing.
Back to top Go down
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer
Eria

Charmer Power : 6524
Favorite Charmer : Eria
Badges :
New game mechanic: Exceed Summon 28X2ifc

Character sheet
Name: Eria
HP:
New game mechanic: Exceed Summon Left_bar_bleue300/300New game mechanic: Exceed Summon Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)
MP:
New game mechanic: Exceed Summon Left_bar_bleue150/150New game mechanic: Exceed Summon Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: New game mechanic: Exceed Summon   New game mechanic: Exceed Summon I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 5:25 am

Joan's Guardian wrote:

• To Exceed Summon an Excess Monster you must release a number of monsters on the field with combined levels equal to the Level of the Excess Monster. Additionally, all monsters released must have the same Level as each other, and at least 2 monsters must be Released. For a Level 8 Excess Monster you must release either 2 Level 4 monsters, 4 Level 2 monsters or 8 Level 1 monsters.

Is that means... we can use opponent's monster for the Exceed Summon?
Back to top Go down
http://charmer-yugioh.vampire-legend.com
Charmer Fan Yuji
Senior Charmer
Senior Charmer
Charmer Fan Yuji

Charmer Power : 3377
Location : With Hiita, hugging her and telling her how much I love her and will protect her <3

Character sheet
Name: Hiita
HP:
New game mechanic: Exceed Summon Left_bar_bleue500/500New game mechanic: Exceed Summon Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:

PostSubject: Re: New game mechanic: Exceed Summon   New game mechanic: Exceed Summon I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 5:30 am

Excess Summon?, Dear god, I personally think they're making Yu-Gi-Oh more complicated then it needs to be, Excess Monsters sound annoying as hell to get rid of for good, ugh, I may not touch packs involving this new series, rather spend, say, $100.00 on a card I want from the pack on ebay then buy it at the store....
Back to top Go down
Joan's Guardian
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Joan's Guardian

Character sheet
HP:
MP:
New game mechanic: Exceed Summon Left_bar_bleue700/700New game mechanic: Exceed Summon Empty_bar_bleue  (700/700)

PostSubject: Re: New game mechanic: Exceed Summon   New game mechanic: Exceed Summon I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 5:44 am

Eria wrote:
Joan's Guardian wrote:

Is that means... we can use opponent's monster for the Exceed Summon?

So far, I'm under the impression that you cannot use your opponent's monster for an Exceed Summon, unless you use cards like Soul Exchange.

Otherwise, this game would turn into an ever bigger trainwreck than it already was, placed on a sinking boat.

Charmer Fan Yuji wrote:
Excess Summon?, Dear god, I personally think they're making Yu-Gi-Oh more complicated then it needs to be, Excess Monsters sound annoying as hell to get rid of for good

They sound annoying with their build-in protection, but you still need to consider what you need to do in order to have them summoned in the first place. The level of the Tributed monsters needs to be EQUAL to each other in order to be summoned in the first place, plus Excess monsters have a potential high chance of being a dead draw, since they are Nomi and searching Excess Monsters from your deck is hard as hell unless they get their own Reinforment of the Army or you run stuff like Gold Sacrophagus. So they are basicly Ritual Monsters, but without the Ritual Spell card. But we still need to see what kind of monsters they are planning to release, so in the mean time, it's a better idea to wait for the monsters.

Funny thing is, this mechanic reminds me of Northwemko, who also becomes immune to destruction if you selected a number of cards on the field.

Heh...
Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier
Kirikaze Fuuma

Charmer Power : 5700
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :
New game mechanic: Exceed Summon GearfriedNew game mechanic: Exceed Summon S-hai01

Character sheet
Name: Wynn
HP:
New game mechanic: Exceed Summon Left_bar_bleue280/280New game mechanic: Exceed Summon Empty_bar_bleue  (280/280)
MP:
New game mechanic: Exceed Summon Left_bar_bleue170/170New game mechanic: Exceed Summon Empty_bar_bleue  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: New game mechanic: Exceed Summon   New game mechanic: Exceed Summon I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 10:45 am

Hold on a sec...

Joan's Guardian wrote:

[*]To Exceed Summon an Excess Monster you must release a number of monsters on the field with combined levels equal to the Level of the Excess Monster. Additionally, all monsters released must have the same Level as each other, and at least 2 monsters must be Released. For a Level 8 Excess Monster you must release either 2 Level 4 monsters, 4 Level 2 monsters or 8 Level 1 monsters.

...Is this even possible?

Joan's Guardian wrote:
Funny thing is, this mechanic reminds me of Northwemko, who also becomes immune to destruction if you selected a number of cards on the field.

Heh...

Does it mean Northwemko would become obsolete?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gransveld
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer
Eria

Charmer Power : 6524
Favorite Charmer : Eria
Badges :
New game mechanic: Exceed Summon 28X2ifc

Character sheet
Name: Eria
HP:
MP:
New game mechanic: Exceed Summon Left_bar_bleue150/150New game mechanic: Exceed Summon Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: New game mechanic: Exceed Summon   New game mechanic: Exceed Summon I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 10:48 am

^
possible, only if we allowed to use opponent's monsters.

But, let's wait if we actually can use opponent's monster or not.
Back to top Go down
http://charmer-yugioh.vampire-legend.com
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier
Kirikaze Fuuma

Charmer Power : 5700
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :
New game mechanic: Exceed Summon GearfriedNew game mechanic: Exceed Summon S-hai01

Character sheet
Name: Wynn
HP:
New game mechanic: Exceed Summon Left_bar_bleue280/280New game mechanic: Exceed Summon Empty_bar_bleue  (280/280)
MP:
New game mechanic: Exceed Summon Left_bar_bleue170/170New game mechanic: Exceed Summon Empty_bar_bleue  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: New game mechanic: Exceed Summon   New game mechanic: Exceed Summon I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 10:56 am

Eria wrote:
^
possible, only if we allowed to use opponent's monsters.

But, let's wait if we actually can use opponent's monster or not.

If we can use it then brain control would become obsolete and it's not even funny anymore. You used 2 of your opponent monster, and got free 1 monster? Come on dude. It's like 1 exceed monster is worth of 2 or even 4 brain controls. If they can, without a doubt they are... broken.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gransveld
Joan's Guardian
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Joan's Guardian

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: New game mechanic: Exceed Summon   New game mechanic: Exceed Summon I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 11:10 am

I really doubt that you are allowed to use your opponent monsters for an Exceed Summon, unless they want to make something more broken than the generic Synchro mechanic.

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:

Joan's Guardian wrote:

[*]To Exceed Summon an Excess Monster you must release a number of monsters on the field with combined levels equal to the Level of the Excess Monster. Additionally, all monsters released must have the same Level as each other, and at least 2 monsters must be Released. For a Level 8 Excess Monster you must release either 2 Level 4 monsters, 4 Level 2 monsters or 8 Level 1 monsters.

...Is this even possible?

Only if you lucksake like the devil and have 3 Soul Exchange in your hand, while controlling 5 other level 1 monsters and your opponent has 3 level 1 monsters.
Besides, it's just an example.

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:

Joan's Guardian wrote:

Heh...

Does it mean Northwemko would become obsolete?

Possible
Back to top Go down
Will Lair
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Will Lair

Charmer Power : 1376
Favorite Charmer : Lyna
Badges :
New game mechanic: Exceed Summon Inochi01 New game mechanic: Exceed Summon Pumpkingbadge

Character sheet
Name: Milla
HP:
MP:
New game mechanic: Exceed Summon Left_bar_bleue210/950New game mechanic: Exceed Summon Empty_bar_bleue  (210/950)

PostSubject: Re: New game mechanic: Exceed Summon   New game mechanic: Exceed Summon I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 4:13 pm

Well... judging at the current meta and anti-meta... having 2 lv 4 monsters for an Exeed Summon of a lv 8 Excess Monster would be incredibly easy and since it's considered Special Summon, you can Exeed Summon a monster on your second turn or even the first :/

I believe though, that the easiest way to get rid of an Excess Monster is tributing it or using it for a Synchro Summon... still, for an old school duelist like me, it sounds incredibly broken...

But yet again, the best thing to do is wait for the first Excess Monster to come out in the OCG.
Back to top Go down
Ratsu
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Ratsu

Charmer Power : 1347

PostSubject: Re: New game mechanic: Exceed Summon   New game mechanic: Exceed Summon I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 6:42 pm

....This makes me sad D: I don't like the whole "if they would be removed" crap, that means you cant bounce, spin, or even remove from play the monster... too OP IMO. =/
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixfragment.webs.com/
Wiseman
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Wiseman

Charmer Power : 1364
Badges :
New game mechanic: Exceed Summon Kuribo02 New game mechanic: Exceed Summon 6229305_m

PostSubject: Re: New game mechanic: Exceed Summon   New game mechanic: Exceed Summon I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 3:04 pm

You can't use monster's that you not control for a tribute in any kind of summoun (at least the card said it), that's the basis of yu-gi-oh! and all the other's TCG. And i like this kind of summoun more that the synchro : P.
Back to top Go down
http://thefarsouth.blogspot.com/
Ratsu
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Ratsu

Charmer Power : 1347

PostSubject: Re: New game mechanic: Exceed Summon   New game mechanic: Exceed Summon I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 5:36 pm

I do like the fact that this type of summon is alot more harder to get out. You have to have the monsters on the field, and one in hand. If you look at it from a "card advantage" point of vie it seems that you are turning -2s into balanced 0s.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixfragment.webs.com/
Kappa Tulen
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Kappa Tulen

Charmer Power : 1494
Badges :
New game mechanic: Exceed Summon Shiningfri-1

PostSubject: Re: New game mechanic: Exceed Summon   New game mechanic: Exceed Summon I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 9:40 pm

seems like an adapted version of Duel Master Rainbow Evolution system.

I guess Summoner Monk will shine one more time.

And maybe Marauding Captain...
Back to top Go down
Joan's Guardian
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Joan's Guardian

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: New game mechanic: Exceed Summon   New game mechanic: Exceed Summon I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 2:07 am

Kappa Tulen wrote:

I guess Summoner Monk will shine one more time.
Summoner Monk wrote:

This card cannot be Tributed.

And Release is the OCG wording of Tributing, so Summoner Monk won't work.
Back to top Go down
Kappa Tulen
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Kappa Tulen

Charmer Power : 1494
Badges :
New game mechanic: Exceed Summon Shiningfri-1

PostSubject: Re: New game mechanic: Exceed Summon   New game mechanic: Exceed Summon I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 8:52 pm

Oh, right. I just notice it still count as a tribute a monster.

well, I'll use Koa'ki meiru urnight then. :v
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New game mechanic: Exceed Summon   New game mechanic: Exceed Summon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New game mechanic: Exceed Summon
Page 1 of 1