Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmer Forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers. Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg because we're migrating!

OUR Charmer Deck!!

Go down 
+4
Kirikaze Fuuma
Eria
Ratsu
Will Lair
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Will Lair
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Will Lair

Charmer Power : 1376
Favorite Charmer : Lyna
Badges :
OUR Charmer Deck!! Inochi01 OUR Charmer Deck!! Pumpkingbadge

Character sheet
Name: Milla
HP:
OUR Charmer Deck!! Left_bar_bleue700/700OUR Charmer Deck!! Empty_bar_bleue  (700/700)
MP:
OUR Charmer Deck!! Left_bar_bleue210/950OUR Charmer Deck!! Empty_bar_bleue  (210/950)

OUR Charmer Deck!! Empty
PostSubject: OUR Charmer Deck!!   OUR Charmer Deck!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 8:05 pm

This is it guys and girls! It's our time to shine!! XD

I got a mission for all of us in the charmer fan community and if you hadn't guessed what is it about by now, I'll tell you XD

Ready?

It's Our Own Project to Build the Best Charmer Deck Ever Built!! Or as I like to call it .... Chuckles

Lol, being serious now, I thought it would be a great idea to team up in order to build a very competitive Charmer Deck and show those meta players that Charmers can be very tough too!

This is what we have to overcome with our deck:

- Blackwings <----click for more info
-Strengths: Quick Synchro and Impressive Swarming Capabilities.
-Weaknesses: Depends on one first Normal Summon and it will hardly maintain Hand advantage.
-Support & Trump Cards: Dark Armed Dragon, Delta Crow - Anti Reverse, Icarus Attack, Allure of the Darkness, Black Whirlwind, Swallow's Nest.
-Counters: Consecrated Light, Waboku/Threatening Roar, Trap Stun.
-Charmer: Dharc.

- Infernity/Infernalty
-Strengths: Quick Synchro, easy to stay with no cards in hand, capable of performing a OTK, easily combined with Dark World and Fabled
-Weaknesses: Depends on the Graveyard and a clear hand.
-Support & Trump Cards: Lv. 9 Synchro, Infernity Barrier, Infernity Launcher, Infernity Necromancer, Infernity Mirage.
-Counters: Consecrated Light, Crevice into the Different Dimension (fits with charmer theme), Forbidden Chalice, Necrovalley.
-Charmer: Dharc, Lyna (if mixed with Fabled/Dark World)

- Dragons
-Strengths: High ATK power, easy summoning for high level monsters, capable of performing a OTK and easy Synchro Summoning.
-Weaknesses: Relies on Graveyard and Special Summon.
-Support & Trump Cards: Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon, Dark Armed Dragon, The White Stone of Legend, Future Fusion, Dragon's Mirror, Prime Material Dragon, Horus the Black Flame Dragon, Five-Headed Dragon, Return from Different Dimension.
-Counters: Consecrated Light, Royal Oppression, Crevice into the Different Dimension, Magic Cylinder, Dragon Capture Jar, Cave of the Super Ancient Organism, Victoria.
-Charmers: Dharc, Lyna, Hiita, Wynn

These are some of the decks we have to overcome, I'll post more later since my computer is running with a really low battery. XD

Another thing that this deck must have, and that is at least one of each charmer and one of each familiar-possessed charmer, this takes 10 cards minimum out of the deck so think on it while giving suggestions.

Remember Charmers are also Spellcasters, so Spellcaster support will also fit in.

Also remember the Attribute-changing card Scroll of Bewitchment that can be used in more than one way and not only to change a monster's Attribute for gaining the desired Charmer effect.

Finally, consider Synchro summoning.

I'll edit this post to include more info later.
Back to top Go down
Ratsu
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Ratsu

Charmer Power : 1347

OUR Charmer Deck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OUR Charmer Deck!!   OUR Charmer Deck!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 12:33 am

Well the most obvious card is Debris Dragon. It can revive any of the basic charmers to make level 7 Synchros. But the thing is, you cant really use a charmer deck well in the current Meta. Its a nice Idea but you are not thinking about the REAL threat as far as decks go. Those being Infernity, X-sabers, yes blackwings, and Glad beasts are all top tier decks. Glad beasts it will have an Ok time with seeing how they are all various elements. But against most top tier decks it wont be able to do much. Though I think you should include a certain card.

If I were to make a charmer deck I would have it rely on DNA Surgery + Mist Valley Falcon. For it to attack you must return a a face up card to your hand. This lets you abuse the monster, now a ruling I am not 100% on is scroll of bewitchment + Mist Valley Falcon AFTER you have had the card taken care of. I do know this works well with DNA Surgery. Another benefit is that you can use cards like Swords of Revealing life, Nightmare steel Cage, and Gravity bind All of these can be used then returned to your hand when you want. Also on the same note, you can use the synchro monster Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier.

Another card that works well in the deck is the Grinder Golem. You summon it to your opponents side of the field and then take it with Aussa. Keep in mind one of the most important cards to this deck is to NOT let your opponent attack good cards I would say are:
Waboku
Threatening Roar
(Now these are OLD cards but I use them all the time in decks such as a final count down deck)
Thunder of Ruler - You can only activate this card during your opponent's Standby Phase. Your opponent cannot conduct his/her Battle Phase this turn.
A Feint Plan - A player cannot attack face-down monsters during this turn.
(this last one is a little more... just incase.)
Frozen Soul - You can only activate this card when your Life Points are at least 2000 lower than your opponent's. Skip your opponent's next Battle Phase.
It goes without saying that "The shallow Grave" Is important for the deck, but you may want to include Book of Taiyu to force flip them.

Thats just my take on things.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixfragment.webs.com/
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer
Eria

Charmer Power : 6524
Favorite Charmer : Eria
Badges :
OUR Charmer Deck!! 28X2ifc

Character sheet
Name: Eria
HP:
OUR Charmer Deck!! Left_bar_bleue300/300OUR Charmer Deck!! Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)
MP:
OUR Charmer Deck!! Left_bar_bleue150/150OUR Charmer Deck!! Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

OUR Charmer Deck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OUR Charmer Deck!!   OUR Charmer Deck!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 1:27 am

Falcon can't return Steelcage & Gravity Bind, since himself cannot attack if those cards are on the field, and Grinder Golem isn't for Aussa, its for Dharc.

--

Anyway, this is some cards that I think would works with Charmers.
For now, I can't really help since there's no deck's card list yet, so it's hard for me to know it's strategy and fix it.

Genex Ally Changer: Can change any monster's attribute in one turn, but you can use its effect again and again. After controlling an opponent's monster with Charmer with this card's effect, it's best to summon Familiar Possessed before the monster's attribute back to normal.

Homunculus the Alchemic Being: Same with Genex Ally Changer, but can only change its own attribute. Can be searched by Lonefire, and can be swapped with creature swap to control back this card. Or, immediately send it to graveyard to summon FP charmer.

Dupe Frog: If you're not using a pure spellcaster charmer deck, this is better than Magician's Valkyria. 2 or more Dupe Frogs on the field means your opponent cannot declare an attack to all of your monsters. Can be searched by Substitoad, and can be recycled with Salvage to get plus. Eria works best with this card.

Sangan: obviously, can search any Charmers from the deck, except for FP charmers.

Morphing Jar: refresh your hand. Works well in charmer deck that using Book of Eclipse/Book of Moon, Giant Rat, Aussa, and Barbaros. Since Barbaros attack would be 3000 after it's flipped face-down and then flipped face-up again

Solidarity: for pure spellcaster charmer deck only, would boost the FP attack to at least 2650 if you have one on the field.

Pixie Ring/Astral Barrier/Wall of Revealing Light: Continuous Traps that can protect your Charmers on the field.

Mind Control: Control your opponent's monster, then send it along with charmer to summon FP. Attribute-changer cards such as Scroll of Bewitchment and DNA Transplant can also be used to change the target monster's attribute into the proper ones. Works well if you have some Tuners in your deck.

Lava Golem: get rid of 2 your opponent's monster and try to control it back with Hiita, or other Charmers by using attribute-changer cards.

--

Anyway, Lyna and Dharc can't really help the charmer deck since they cannot transform into FP, the only thing that makes the Charmers gain more versatility...
Without the FP, Brain Jacker obviously better than Lyna and Dharc, since it can take any monster regardless of attribute.

Back to top Go down
http://charmer-yugioh.vampire-legend.com
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier
Kirikaze Fuuma

Charmer Power : 5700
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :
OUR Charmer Deck!! GearfriedOUR Charmer Deck!! S-hai01

Character sheet
Name: Wynn
HP:
OUR Charmer Deck!! Left_bar_bleue280/280OUR Charmer Deck!! Empty_bar_bleue  (280/280)
MP:
OUR Charmer Deck!! Left_bar_bleue170/170OUR Charmer Deck!! Empty_bar_bleue  (170/170)

OUR Charmer Deck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OUR Charmer Deck!!   OUR Charmer Deck!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 3:21 am

I think mirror wall or shrink can do a nice job here. Half your opponent's ATK while have a potential to take control of your opponent if the attacked face down charmer has the same atttribute with the attacking monster. Charmers have 1500 defense so if you want to knock them out, you need a monster with more than 3000 ATK points.

Book of moon and eclipse are also obvious choice. Book of Taiyou is not recommended.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gransveld
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer
Eria

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
OUR Charmer Deck!! Left_bar_bleue300/300OUR Charmer Deck!! Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)
MP:
OUR Charmer Deck!! Left_bar_bleue150/150OUR Charmer Deck!! Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

OUR Charmer Deck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OUR Charmer Deck!!   OUR Charmer Deck!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 3:25 am

Oh yes, use Taiyou only in a deck that uses Morphing, Aussa, Giant Rat, BoM, and Eclipse.
It's actually a -1 card.
Back to top Go down
Ratsu
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Ratsu

Charmer Power : 1347

OUR Charmer Deck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OUR Charmer Deck!!   OUR Charmer Deck!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 1:42 pm

ah yes I forgot that it was dark and those blocked attacks, well the tiger king still works with those at least.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixfragment.webs.com/
Will Lair
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Will Lair

Charmer Power : 1376
Favorite Charmer : Lyna
Badges :
OUR Charmer Deck!! Inochi01 OUR Charmer Deck!! Pumpkingbadge

Character sheet
Name: Milla
HP:
OUR Charmer Deck!! Left_bar_bleue700/700OUR Charmer Deck!! Empty_bar_bleue  (700/700)
MP:
OUR Charmer Deck!! Left_bar_bleue210/950OUR Charmer Deck!! Empty_bar_bleue  (210/950)

OUR Charmer Deck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OUR Charmer Deck!!   OUR Charmer Deck!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 5:56 pm

Well, what about Disciple of the Forbidden Spell? Since we can recycle Scroll of Bewitchment and DNA Transplant, those cards can be used to destroy the opponent's monsters that can't be controled by the charmers.
Back to top Go down
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer
Eria

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

OUR Charmer Deck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OUR Charmer Deck!!   OUR Charmer Deck!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 3:28 am

the deck need a duel test to make sure he's not becoming a 1700 vanilla in most time.
Back to top Go down
Red Phantoms
New Charmer
New Charmer

Charmer Power : 1001

OUR Charmer Deck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OUR Charmer Deck!!   OUR Charmer Deck!! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 4:16 am

i think its a good call to use

- Secret village of spellcaster (as long as you have spellcaster type monster opponents cant use spell card so its good protection againts fissure, Rageki, etc )

- Defender the magical knight (as long as he have spell counter on the field you can protect the charmer from magic, trap and battle)

- Ironscrap scarecrow (Yusei's annoying protective trap card that negate the attacking monster it really help since it stay in field and can be used for next turn)

for fighting synchro, ritual and fusion monster i think royal oppression is good choise since synchro, ritual and fusion summon are considered special summon and can be negated. well even though our charmer can take control of them, some monster like mist wurm, black rose dragon, and demise king of Armageddon will give you mayor headache when summoned

but i havent find a good deck to fight a totally defensive deck (final countdown deck) and insanely fast Cyber dragon deck
Back to top Go down
Skyblade LV12
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer
Skyblade LV12

Charmer Power : 1838

Character sheet
Name: Skyblade the Elemental Charmer
HP:
MP:

OUR Charmer Deck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OUR Charmer Deck!!   OUR Charmer Deck!! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 9:25 pm

Well, I was pretty much able to face enemies with Wall of Revealing Light and Swords of Concealing Light. Anything that stops attacks. Stardust can really help this deck as Charmers are less likely to be defeated by effects. It will be harder though since Debris Dragon was cut down, at least my idea is to use debris dragon to get BRD when in a stalemate. I used my charmer deck and was just filling the field with charmers since I couldn't control anything. Beast King Barbaros may help to just in case of a stalemate with a never ending stream of drawing Charmer cards.
Back to top Go down
MCK
New Charmer
New Charmer
MCK

Charmer Power : 1028

OUR Charmer Deck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OUR Charmer Deck!!   OUR Charmer Deck!! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 5:10 pm

Well, if I want to abuse the charmer's take control effects, I'm going to run Stumbling, and Worm Linx. The former stalls things out for a turn, while the latter combos well with stumbling, making a good draw engine. Scroll of Bewitchment is a must, IMO.

Though I also prefer the stun build. 3 of each familiar possessed charmer, with 3 Milla, and 3 Crusader of Endymion for monsters. The win condition is to use skill drain and secret village to lock down anything the opponent tries. Wonder Wand can turn extra monsters into draw power, and since the deck almost never special summons, duality is a must. I also use Solidarity to give my monsters a but of a boost if they manage to summon something big before lockdown. I might maindeck D-Fissure, as the deck doesn't use the graveyard, (except for solidarity) and it works well against T.G. Stun, one of the most popular decks out right now.

Fun fact: Most people I play on DN with this deck ragequit at the sight of village 8D
Back to top Go down
Skyblade LV12
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer
Skyblade LV12

Charmer Power : 1838

Character sheet
Name: Skyblade the Elemental Charmer
HP:
MP:

OUR Charmer Deck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OUR Charmer Deck!!   OUR Charmer Deck!! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 7:13 pm

LOL Rage quit on annoying field spells.

It seems the charmer deck can have 3 purposes. The first forms of the charmers is control based, 2nd form is just for looks unless it is coupled with the first forms, and 3rd form for special summons.

If we use first forms, then we need MST or any spell and trap destroyers to prevent things like Skill Drain from occurring. Level Limit Area B can help, although it will stunt attacks used by us as well. Perhaps the charmers first forms can be used in a burn deck. Control enemy monsters and use them as fodder for things like Spiritual Fire Art Kurenai and cannon soldier. Then using things like Wall of Revealing Light, we can stall the enemy from attacks until we get scroll of bewitchment. Another good way is to use the Vengeful Servant equip spell. Take control of a monster, then find a way to raise its attack. Then Tribute the charmer or use it in a way to remove it from the field and then...BANG...your opponent takes a lot of damage.

The second forms look mostly for show. So I don't know how to use them yet.

Back to top Go down
Raiju7
New Charmer
New Charmer
Raiju7

Charmer Power : 1026

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
MP:

OUR Charmer Deck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OUR Charmer Deck!!   OUR Charmer Deck!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:39 pm

In my opinion a charmer theme deck will be better focused with the spellcaster type considering that there has been more spellcaster support this days.

For cards ill recomend the field spell "Secret Village of the Spellcasters
negating all of the opponents spells as long as one has a spellcaster.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OUR Charmer Deck!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OUR Charmer Deck!!   OUR Charmer Deck!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OUR Charmer Deck!!
Page 1 of 1