Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmer Forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers. Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg because we're migrating!

Clear Void Archetype

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Corrupted Charmer, Yami
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Corrupted Charmer, Yami

Charmer Power : 1907
Favorite Charmer : Hiita
Badges :
Clear Void Archetype Yamibadge_zpse971b3ac Clear Void Archetype 541660

Character sheet
Name: Yami, Charmer of Corruption
HP:
Clear Void Archetype Left_bar_bleue4500/4500Clear Void Archetype Empty_bar_bleue  (4500/4500)
MP:
Clear Void Archetype Left_bar_bleue760/760Clear Void Archetype Empty_bar_bleue  (760/760)

Clear Void Archetype Empty
PostSubject: Clear Void Archetype   Clear Void Archetype I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 4:05 pm

Heyho your Corrupted Charmer Yami here! I got some.... cards here. For you. Right now only 3 of them are fully finished (others will follow, planned are at least 10 in total).

Yami, Charmer of Corruption
Clear Void Archetype CCYamiCard_zps252a3cd0

Lv: 7
DARK
SPELLCASTER
ATK: 1900
DEF: 2900

(This card is always treated as a "Void" card.)
While face-up on the field, this cards name is also treated as "Clear World". During your Main Phase, if you control no Monster Cards, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. Skip your Battle Phase if you do so. During each of your Standby Phases, place 1 Void Counter (max. 1) on each "Void" card you control. Whenever a "Void" card would be removed from the field by card effects or battle, you can remove 1 Void Counter and negate the effect or attack. If you control no other cards, you can discard one card to Special Summon "Clear Vice Dragon" from your hand or deck. You can tribute this card and another "Void" monster to Special Summon 1 "Yami, the Lost Charmer" from your hand, deck or graveyard.

Castor, Knight of the Void Star
Clear Void Archetype CastorCard_zpsf4cca72f

DARK
Warrior
Lv: 6
ATK: 2000
DEF: 2000

While you control a face-up "Clear World", this card gains the following effects:
- Your opponent cannot target other monsters you control for battle or card effect.
- If this card would be destroyed by battle: Decrease its DEF by 500 instead. If it DEF becomes 0 due to this effect, banish this card.
-If you attack a monster your opponent controls, increase this cards ATK by half of its DEF during damage calculation only.

Polaris, Demon God of the Void Star
Clear Void Archetype PolarisCard_zps888e19e9

LIGHT
Fiend
Lv 10
ATK: 3500
DEF: 3000

You can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Special summoned: Tribute 3 monsters or destroy this card.
If a "Void" monster you control destroys an opponents monster by battle: Gain Life Points equal to half that monsters original ATK.
While you control a face-up "Clear World", this card gains the following effects:
-If you gain Life Points, inflict the same amount of damage to your opponent.
-If a "Void" monster is targeted by a card effect: Banish 1 monster from your graveyard; negate that effect and if you do destroy that card.

At first, the concept of the archetype was to be an "Anti Meta" Archetype, with every "Void Star" Monster being based on destroying a certain strategy. Well 3 Monsters will still follow as well as 2 Traps and 2 Spells so the possibilities are still open. Still the original concept is LONG gone.

Others will follow.
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
Hippocampus

Charmer Power : 582
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :
Clear Void Archetype 1658415264 Clear Void Archetype 3087721399Clear Void Archetype 1380831044

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
Clear Void Archetype Left_bar_bleue500/500Clear Void Archetype Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
Clear Void Archetype Left_bar_bleue200/200Clear Void Archetype Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Clear Void Archetype   Clear Void Archetype I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 9:08 pm

Haha, I like these. They're hard to summon for the most part, but their effects more than make up for that.

Yami's the same pic as the one in your badge! Nice!
For Polaris, why didn't you just give it the same summoning conditions as Destiny Hero - Plasma? Allowing the option to Monster Reborn it only for it to destroy itself is kinda weird. Plus technically with its current wording you can't summon this with a full field, which would actually be the ideal summoning conditions for it.
Back to top Go down
Corrupted Charmer, Yami
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Corrupted Charmer, Yami

Charmer Power : 1907
Favorite Charmer : Hiita
Badges :
Clear Void Archetype Yamibadge_zpse971b3ac Clear Void Archetype 541660

Character sheet
Name: Yami, Charmer of Corruption
HP:
Clear Void Archetype Left_bar_bleue4500/4500Clear Void Archetype Empty_bar_bleue  (4500/4500)
MP:
Clear Void Archetype Left_bar_bleue760/760Clear Void Archetype Empty_bar_bleue  (760/760)

PostSubject: Re: Clear Void Archetype   Clear Void Archetype I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 11:47 pm

Yeah Polaris only makes sense once I finish some of the support spells and traps. I asked Wynn to help me with balancing the cards. One of the spells is basically an Ancient Gear Castle for these cards and one other... well its not finished yet. Anyways I needed to tone him down, otherwise he might have been a bit TOO powerful. The "3 Monster Tribute" thing was just balancing.

EDIT: Also we worded it that way so you CAN monster reborn it but sTILL have to tribute 3 monsters if you do so.

And neither Castor nor Yami are hard to summon actually so I guess the first comment was about Polaris only?

Anyways the main reason I didnt post more cards yet is balancing lol
Back to top Go down
Rewyn
New Charmer
New Charmer

Charmer Power : 1032

PostSubject: Re: Clear Void Archetype   Clear Void Archetype I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 5:13 am

Not sure if I'm missing something but you can simply negate Polari's effect with something like Breakthrough Skill/Skill Drain to get around the tribute/self-destruct, right? Also, wouldn't Yami, Charmer of Corruption also be able to negate the self-destruct effect? Since it only negates the effect and doesn't destroy.
For Yami itself, not sure how strong it's effect is that negates any effect/attack that would remove a "Void"-card from the field. I mean, that includes everything you can do to a card. Kinda depends on if you plan to add more ways to get "Void"-counters I guess... If you do, I'd say make that effect a once per turn or add another restriction.
Also, how would you know if a battle would remove the card from the field? Since you can only negate the attack itself. So for example if someone attacks with a weaker monster, but got something like Honest or any other card to change ATK/DEF mid-attack, you couldn't negate the attack, right? But your card could still be destroyed.
Also this line kinda bugs me. "-If you gain Life Points, inflict the same amount of damage to your opponent." But I'll wait until I see what other cards you have in mind, before I judge.

Not sure how I feel about Yami being a Charmer, without any kind of relations to the other Charmers yet. But I guess I'll wait for what's to come.
But I somehow like the concept of the cards itself. Seems possible to include a bit of Chaos stuff as well? At least we already got 2 darks and 1 light. :p
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
Hippocampus

Charmer Power : 582
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :
Clear Void Archetype 1658415264 Clear Void Archetype 3087721399Clear Void Archetype 1380831044

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
Clear Void Archetype Left_bar_bleue500/500Clear Void Archetype Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
Clear Void Archetype Left_bar_bleue200/200Clear Void Archetype Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Clear Void Archetype   Clear Void Archetype I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 8:34 am

Corrupted Charmer, Yami wrote:
The "3 Monster Tribute" thing was just balancing.

EDIT: Also we worded it that way so you CAN monster reborn it but sTILL have to tribute 3 monsters if you do so.
Rewyn wrote:
Not sure if I'm missing something but you can simply negate Polari's effect with something like Breakthrough Skill/Skill Drain to get around the tribute/self-destruct, right?
^This. It's honestly more fair if you word it so that you have to tribute the monsters before he's properly summoned, because otherwise you can practically summon a 3500 beater for free.

Corrupted Charmer, Yami wrote:
And neither Castor nor Yami are hard to summon actually so I guess the first comment was about Polaris only?
Well I guess Castor too since technically Tribute summoning is considered "slow" in today's meta. But you could probably just splash him in Pendulums or something.

Rewyn wrote:
Also, wouldn't Yami, Charmer of Corruption also be able to negate the self-destruct effect? Since it only negates the effect and doesn't destroy.
Oh shit, didn't even see that. Yeah Yami you gotta reword Polaris asap lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clear Void Archetype   Clear Void Archetype I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clear Void Archetype
Page 1 of 1