Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmer Forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers. Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg because we're migrating!

Mah Burn Deck

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Garnet Ring
New Charmer
New Charmer
Garnet Ring

Charmer Power : 1015
Favorite Charmer : Hiita

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
Mah Burn Deck Left_bar_bleue300/300Mah Burn Deck Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)
MP:
Mah Burn Deck Left_bar_bleue150/150Mah Burn Deck Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

Mah Burn Deck Empty
PostSubject: Mah Burn Deck   Mah Burn Deck I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 10:06 pm

So...it started out as a Fire King SD, and over time has become this.

Monsters:
Fox Fire x3
Raging Flame Sprite
Achacha Archer
Achacha Chanbara
Hiita the Fire Charmer
Familiar-Possessed - Hiita
Blazing Hiita
Inari Fire x2
Fencing Fire Ferret
Flame Tiger
Solar Flare Dragon
Royal Firestorm Guards
Thestalos the Firestorm Monarch
Firestorm Prominence
Lava Golem x2
Infernal Flame Emperor

Extra Deck:
Infernal Flame Vixen

Magic:
Molten Destruction
Toll
Dark Hole
Thunder Short (For those annoying swarm decks.)
Mystical Space Typhoon x2

Traps:
Trap Jammer
Magic Jammer
Dust Tornado
Guard Mines
Spiritual Fire Art - Kurenai
Cemetery Bomb
Magic Cylinder
Bad Reaction to Simochi
Gravity Bind
Call of the Haunted x2
Backfire x3

I tweak it sometimes, though, add a DNA Surgery and whatnot...
Back to top Go down
http://s9.zetaboards.com/GEEK_ZONE/index/
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

Charmer Power : 2295
Favorite Charmer : Wynn

Mah Burn Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mah Burn Deck   Mah Burn Deck I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 10:20 am

>swarm decks

Isn't that every deck that can hold its own nowadays pretty much?
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
Hippocampus

Charmer Power : 582
Badges :
Mah Burn Deck 1658415264 Mah Burn Deck 3087721399Mah Burn Deck 1380831044

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
Mah Burn Deck Left_bar_bleue500/500Mah Burn Deck Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
Mah Burn Deck Left_bar_bleue200/200Mah Burn Deck Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

Mah Burn Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mah Burn Deck   Mah Burn Deck I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 3:05 pm

...I want to like this. But I feel that it's one of those decks that isn't really consistent just because so many cards are only at 1 copy. Many of your monster choices are weak in stats, and can easily be destroyed by battle and by card effect, and a lot of them just don't work well together.

If you want a true "troll" deck, max out on Solar Flare Dragons and Lava Golems, and take out some of the comparatively bad cards like the Achacha guys and Infernal Flame Emperor. Or just add 3x UFO Turtle to thin out the deck and get monsters you need faster. Also, in any burn deck Magic Cylinder should be at 3 without question, so replace those Backfires with more copies of Magic Cylinder (for some reason I've never really seen Backfire as useful). You can also add in a few attack stoppers like Nightmare Wheel/Fiendish Chain, which are great targets for that Lava Golem X3

Thunder Short is also completely outclassed by Just Desserts, and Bad Reaction to Simochi does absolutely nothing in here lol. Magic/Trap Jammer aren't terrible but are usually eclipsed in favor of stuff like Dark Bribe/Magic Drain/Trap Stun/Forbidden Lance. In general your spells are a bit lacking for a typical burn deck... maybe think about a Chain Strike or two?

The extra could also be added to. You only have one monster in it, and it's lackluster at best lol

Of course, the Charmer lover in me is thinking that you could also add more Hiitas XD That would allow you to tech Inari Fire as well. Also, if you wanted, you could make a deck centric on Raging Flame Sprite, but that would require a bit of a deck overhaul.

I'm assuming the reasons for your current deck is that you've built it irl, and as such may not have access to other cards. But I'm just giving some suggestions of stuff to look out for Wink Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
Garnet Ring
New Charmer
New Charmer
Garnet Ring

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
MP:

Mah Burn Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mah Burn Deck   Mah Burn Deck I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 7:48 pm

Hippo, this does indeed help. :)And yeah, I've more or less adjusted it over time so I didn't always have access to certain cards. The deck just kind of became it's own person, for lack of a better phrase. I definitely agree with taking out the Emperor, it rarely gets to be summoned. The Achachas are a bit convenient, though, so they may be a bit harder to part with, especially since Chanbara can be special summoned really easily. I will probably add a nightmare wheel and a UFO back in, but I only have two Golems and one Cylinder. Fiendish would probably be counter-productive because the Golem's effect would be negated...

Ooooo...I gotta find me a Just Desserts, forgot about that one. Simochi will probably go, it has been useful, but not enough to keep around. I'm not so sure I actually care a great deal about even having an extra deck. I want to incorporate Rekindling, but need more monsters with weak defense. However, I don't want to use a bunch of Flamvells.

I'll try messing with my deck tonight, see how it plays out.
Back to top Go down
Gentasu
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer
Gentasu

Charmer Power : 1081
Favorite Charmer : Eria

Character sheet
Name: Kurumi Tokisaki
HP:
MP:
Mah Burn Deck Left_bar_bleue650/650Mah Burn Deck Empty_bar_bleue  (650/650)

Mah Burn Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mah Burn Deck   Mah Burn Deck I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 8:34 pm

Inari flame is a rekindling target Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

Mah Burn Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mah Burn Deck   Mah Burn Deck I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 5:19 am

Garnet Ring wrote:
Fiendish would probably be counter-productive because the Golem's effect would be negated...
Oh, whoops! My mistake there.
In all honesty though, it's still a good card to run regardless since effect negation is such a useful tactic in today's game.

Garnet Ring wrote:
I'm not so sure I actually care a great deal about even having an extra deck.
You may not, but unfortunately the game has evolved to the point where it's almost silly not to have one, especially if you run monsters primarily of the same levels. Ones I'd recommend that fit your strategy in particular are Lavalval Chain, Gagaga Cowboy, and Number 50: Blackship of Corn, though there are many other useful ones like Ark (but I doubt you'll find him because he is super expensive right now lol)

Garnet Ring wrote:
I want to incorporate Rekindling, but need more monsters with weak defense. However, I don't want to use a bunch of Flamvells.
There are a lot of nice targets for Rekindling, not just Flamvells. Lavals, Fire Kings, Fire Fists, Hazy Flames, and even some one-off cards like Chow-Len the Prophet and, as Gentasu mentioned, Inari Fire. If you're planning on using Rekindling, I would suggest at the very least trying Flamvell Poun, since he can basically search every viable target for it.
You'll also need some sort of follow-up play to use Rekindling, since it's really only used to make swarming extra deck summons or attempt to OTK. I know there is a lolsy strategy of using Rekindling + Imperial Iron Wall to keep your monsters on the field, but I don't think it's all that consistent now that Rekindling is limited.
Back to top Go down
Garnet Ring
New Charmer
New Charmer
Garnet Ring

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
MP:

Mah Burn Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mah Burn Deck   Mah Burn Deck I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 7:55 am

Hmm I do have a Gagaga Cowboy...and you are definitely right, the biggest reason I lose a duel is usually because of xzy effects destroying my cards.

I did consider the combo with the Imperial Iron Wall, but it seemed a bit unlikely to pull off...

So, I reread what everyone posted on here and made a few changes to my deck. It's still being tested out, but so far it is playing a little smoother:

Monsters:

Fox Fire x3
Ultimate Baseball Kid
Achacha Archer
Achacha Chanbara
Raging Flame Sprite x2
Hiita the Fire Charmer
Familiar-Possessed - Hiita
Blazing Hiita
Inari Fire
Fencing Fire Ferret
Solar Flare Dragon (To my knowledge I only have one...for now. Heheh.)
UFO Turtle
Royal Firestorm Guards
Thestalos the Firestorm Monarch
Firestorm Prominence
Lava Golem x2

Spell:

Molten Destruction
Level Limit -Area B
Dark Hole
Mystik Wok
Mystical Space Typhoon x2

Traps:

Trap Jammer
Magic Jammer
Dust Tornado
Guard Mines
Spiritual Fire Art - Kurenai
Magic Cylinder
Cemetery Bomb
Gravity Bind
Nightmare Wheel
Call of the Haunted x2
Backfire x3

Regarding my extra deck, I am looking into that now, seeing what I have and whatnot. I'm thinking Flamvell Poun may make an appearance, as well. For now rekindling is being put on hold 'til I can fiddle with all this a bit more. One of my favorite strategies involves filling my field with fire monsters, while I have a backfire out, then playing black hole, normally when the opponents life points are already a little low. Another is waiting 'til Lava Golem is sent to my graveyard, then using Call of the Haunted with Kurenai or Wok.
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

Charmer Power : 2295

Mah Burn Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mah Burn Deck   Mah Burn Deck I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 12:16 pm

- Level Limit - Area B

+ Messenger of Peace
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

Mah Burn Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mah Burn Deck   Mah Burn Deck I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 1:45 pm

Alright, I've done a bit more research on some of your cards, and here's what I think now:

-If you have a second copy of Chanbara, take out Archer for it. Archer has no stats period.
-Firestorm Prominence has to go. It's a two-tribute monster with a sub-par effect, and it really isn't supported by your deck. I don't know about you, but I think you can really benefit from running something much easier to summon (or something that doesn't cost you as much).
-Speaking of cost,
Garnet Ring wrote:
One of my favorite strategies involves filling my field with fire monsters, while I have a backfire out, then playing black hole, normally when the opponents life points are already a little low.
This is really not a good strategy at all. Considering you don't yet have Rekindling in here, you don't swarm very much, so this combo feels like it could take a few turns to set up. Usually the life point damage dealt by Backfire is not worth destroying all your monsters, when your opponent can just attack you directly for the same amount of damage now that your field is clear lol. So as it stands you end up with a lot less cards you can work with; it's Minusing yourself like crazy. Dark Hole is great, don't get me wrong. But that's not the situation you should be playing it in. I still say take out all the Backfires Wink

Also, I'm thinking you should add a few more stall cards. Swords of Revealing Light and Threatening Roar come to mind. This will also help with setting up Raging Flame Sprite, if you get my drift.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mah Burn Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mah Burn Deck   Mah Burn Deck I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mah Burn Deck
Page 1 of 1