Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmer Forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers. Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg because we're migrating!

Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ally of justice catastor
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ally of justice catastor

Charmer Power : 1485
Favorite Charmer : Hiita
Badges :
Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? 1522432259

Character sheet
Name: ally of justice decisive armor
HP:
Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? Left_bar_bleue300/300Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)
MP:
Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? Left_bar_bleue150/150Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? Empty
PostSubject: Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine???   Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 10:12 pm

for the new card that we got from Primal Origin, AKA Ancient Gear Box, I just test it up

Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? AncientGearBox-PRIO-JP-C

seems like he could target some good card to your hand:
1. Ancient Gear Cannon
2. Ancient Gear Knight
3. Geargiauger
4. Geargiano MK-II
5. Geargiarsenal
6. Geargiano
7. Machina Peacekeeper
8. Inashichi
9. Nishipachi

the very speed of using him in Geargia mixed with some Ancient Gear are extremely fast, especially if you mix Gear Gigant X, which by grabbing Box, would let you add up a Geargiano MK-II for further XYZ

so i could say that this is more of Geargia's support than Ancient Gear, and I've been happy that Ancient Gear got more support.......
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
Hippocampus

Charmer Power : 582
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :
Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? 1658415264 Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? 3087721399Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? 1380831044

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? Left_bar_bleue500/500Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? Left_bar_bleue200/200Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine???   Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 11:37 am

For those (like me) who don't speak Japanese, here is the translation of the effect:

If this card is added from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand, except by drawing: You can add 1 EARTH Machine-Type monster with 500 ATK or DEF from your Deck to your hand, except "Ancient Gear Box". You can only use the effect of "Ancient Gear Box" once per turn.

But you're right; this is definitely more suitable for Geargia support than anything else, since it seems Geargiauger was basically made with this card in mind (or vice-versa), and pretty much half of the Geargia monsters can be searched by this effect. Ancient Gears can benefit from it searching Knight, but I don't really think Cannon is all that used in Ancient Gear decks lol. Karakuris don't really need this, as Cash Cache outclasses this completely, and Machinas don't either since they have Gearframe (plus Peacekeeper isn't even used in Machina hybrid decks).
So yup, Geargias. I guess it's good that they're getting more support, since ever since Fire Fists became a thing they've kinda dropped off the meta. Even though this card makes them even more of a one-trick pony than before, but anyway.

I do like the Pot of Duality ruling with this card though XD
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

Charmer Power : 2295

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine???   Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 5:11 pm

I've already played against it a while back

its stupidly good from what I remember
Back to top Go down
ally of justice catastor
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ally of justice catastor

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? Left_bar_bleue300/300Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)
MP:
Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? Left_bar_bleue150/150Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine???   Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 7:06 pm

But Ancient Gear Cannon is actually a good card in mixed deck

The only redeeming point of Box is that he got "Ancient Gear" in name, and thus, could be added with Factory for more monster adding, or usage of Ancient Gear Factory to summon Golem outright
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :
Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? 1658415264 Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? 3087721399Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? 1380831044

Character sheet
HP:
Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? Left_bar_bleue500/500Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? Left_bar_bleue200/200Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine???   Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 1:02 pm

ally of justice catastor wrote:
The only redeeming point of Box is that he got "Ancient Gear" in name, and thus, could be added with Factory for more monster adding,
I assume you mean Workshop here. But yes, this is a very good combo.
ally of justice catastor wrote:
or usage of Ancient Gear Factory to summon Golem outright
Ehhh, I guess you could, but it's only a fourth of the cost, so I wouldn't consider Factory to be such a great card. Anyway, if you're summoning Golem, I don't see why you wouldn't just use Gadjiltron Dragon instead, since you can get it out much easier with Geartown.
Back to top Go down
Garaito
Super Charmer
Super Charmer
Garaito

Charmer Power : 2613
Location : Padang, and somewhere in Tokyo, near a little river, with Aimizu
Favorite Charmer : Eria
Badges :
Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? Shiningfri-1

Character sheet
Name: Yamikaru
HP:
Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? Left_bar_bleue400/400Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine???   Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 12:17 pm

PoD and this one, huh? haha, because PoD now is treated as excavate cards, right?

again, machine being supported. like how dragon being overpowered. is it a tuner? if yes, you would have a +2 cards if using Neutron. if not, well, i dunno what card can add a machine from deck or grave to your hand.

but, aha! dont forget monster reincarnation and geargia x XD. and it's lvl 4. double summon with gadgets would be worth, isnt it?
Back to top Go down
http://igaraito.blogspot.com
ally of justice catastor
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ally of justice catastor

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine???   Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 7:39 pm

Haven't see you for sometime Garaito, welcome back

And well, haven't think of PoD with this one, nice idea, we could do that!

No, its not a Tuner, so it won't have overpowering issues

Haven't think of Monster Reincarnation with this one, we could discard Geargia MK-III to add Ancient Gear Box, which then add Geargia MK-II, which with its own eff, S.Summon MK-III, and MK-III S.Summon another Geargia, which mean Geargia XL quick summon is pretty viable now!!!! D:
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine???   Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 8:17 am

Garaito wrote:
again, machine being supported. like how dragon being overpowered. is it a tuner? if yes, you would have a +2 cards if using Neutron. if not, well, i dunno what card can add a machine from deck or grave to your hand.
Ancient Gear Workshop is the card you're looking for. But of course Gear Gigant X is superior.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine???   Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ancient Gear Box, new Hand Engine???
Page 1 of 1