Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmer Forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers. Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg because we're migrating!

This deck gives you the upper hand

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
Hippocampus

Charmer Power : 582
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :
This deck gives you the upper hand 1658415264 This deck gives you the upper hand 3087721399This deck gives you the upper hand 1380831044

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
This deck gives you the upper hand Left_bar_bleue500/500This deck gives you the upper hand Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
This deck gives you the upper hand Left_bar_bleue200/200This deck gives you the upper hand Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

This deck gives you the upper hand Empty
PostSubject: This deck gives you the upper hand   This deck gives you the upper hand I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 10:05 am

Built this the other day using some of my spare cards, and it's really hilarious to use. The odds are that, if you go first, you win, and if you go second, you lose. I'm not exaggerating; that happens just about every time.

Monsters:
2x Protector of the Sanctuary
3x Thunder Dragon
2x Broww, Huntsman of Dark World
2x Dark Resonator
2x Clock Resonator
1x Barrier Resonator
1x Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World
1x Snoww, Unlight of Dark World
1x Tour Guide from the Underworld

Spells:
3x Dark World Dealings
3x Upstart Goblin
3x Hand Destruction
2x Resonator Call
2x Resonator Engine
1x The Gates of Dark World
1x Allure of Darkness
1x Pot of Duality
1x Foolish Burial
1x One Day of Peace

Traps:
3x Disturbance Strategy
2x Ceasefire
1x The Spell Absorbing Life
1x Desert Sunlight

Extra:
1x Dark Highlander
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Ancient Pixie Dragon
1x Gaia Knight the Force of Earth
1x Vulcan the Divine
1x Ally of Justice Catastor
1x Gem-Knight Pearl
1x Number 39: Utopia
1x Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
1x Daigusto Emeral
1x Abyss Dweller
1x Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
1x Leviair the Sea Dragon
1x Temtempo the Percussion Djinn
1x Wind-Up Zenmaines

If you don't see it, I use a combination of Protector of the Sanctuary + Disturbance Strategy + a Set-flipping card to empty my opponent's hand before they can even play. I use a Dark World engine because it's fast and powerful, and also Protector is a Fiend so can gain benefits from Gates. I also use Resonators for their battle immunities and their Fiend-typing (to make Dark Highlander which is VERY useful in further shutting down the opponent) and also because Resonator Engine can search Protector directly.

I know there are nicer, faster ways now with Fiendish Rhino Warrior and Chicken Game, but this is incredibly budget. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
moronic_knight
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
moronic_knight

Charmer Power : 1089

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
This deck gives you the upper hand Left_bar_bleue300/300This deck gives you the upper hand Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)
MP:
This deck gives you the upper hand Left_bar_bleue150/150This deck gives you the upper hand Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: This deck gives you the upper hand   This deck gives you the upper hand I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2016 12:25 pm

Very budget, but: Takes a lot of skill to play this deck in the current meta! I played five games with and lost all five. Went first in two and second in three. Two were extremely close games, which I could have won with a little bit of luck (or better judgement, whatever you want to call it). I know this deck is a bit old and doesn't fit the current banlist, but it's still amazing how the Dark World can disrupt decks even today.

If you are interested:
Spoiler:

I'm not qualified to offer suggestions, as my knowledge of the game is extremely rusty. But I think adding Castel the Skyblaster (somewhat expensive) and Fortune Tune would do good right now?
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
Hippocampus

Charmer Power : 582
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :
This deck gives you the upper hand 1658415264 This deck gives you the upper hand 3087721399This deck gives you the upper hand 1380831044

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
This deck gives you the upper hand Left_bar_bleue500/500This deck gives you the upper hand Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
This deck gives you the upper hand Left_bar_bleue200/200This deck gives you the upper hand Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: This deck gives you the upper hand   This deck gives you the upper hand I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2016 3:20 pm

moronic_knight wrote:
Very budget, but: Takes a lot of skill to play this deck in the current meta! I played five games with and lost all five. Went first in two and second in three. Two were extremely close games, which I could have won with a little bit of luck (or better judgement, whatever you want to call it). I know this deck is a bit old and doesn't fit the current banlist, but it's still amazing how the Dark World can disrupt decks even today.

If you are interested:
Spoiler:
Yeah, as with all pseudo-FTK decks the set up is key, and if you don't get your combo on the first turn then you probably won't have much chance to win. And I agree, this deck is more for casual play and not very viable against top tier decks (although I could beat my friend's PePe deck with it last format, so I'm happy about that Razz). To be honest, though, if you wanted to update it to the current format, all you really need to do would be to take out 2 of the Upstarts (I recommend putting in a 2nd Allure and another card of your choice). But I'm glad you got inspired to play with it though! This is the whole reason why we share decklists on here in the first place Smile

moronic_knight wrote:
I'm not qualified to offer suggestions, as my knowledge of the game is extremely rusty. But I think adding Castel the Skyblaster (somewhat expensive) and Fortune Tune would do good right now?
Feel free to offer suggestions, I don't mind! The extra is just made up of cards I own irl, so if you're testing it online feel free to swap out some of the monsters for better ones (though I do own an Honors Ark now, so I'm surprised why I forgot it before).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This deck gives you the upper hand   This deck gives you the upper hand I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This deck gives you the upper hand
Page 1 of 1