Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmer Forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers. Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg because we're migrating!

Chaos Charmer Swap Deck

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
Hippocampus

Charmer Power : 582
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :
Chaos Charmer Swap Deck 1658415264 Chaos Charmer Swap Deck 3087721399Chaos Charmer Swap Deck 1380831044

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
Chaos Charmer Swap Deck Left_bar_bleue500/500Chaos Charmer Swap Deck Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
Chaos Charmer Swap Deck Left_bar_bleue200/200Chaos Charmer Swap Deck Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

Chaos Charmer Swap Deck Empty
PostSubject: Chaos Charmer Swap Deck   Chaos Charmer Swap Deck I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 1:27 pm

Hey, Decks and Strategies section! Long time no see.
I created another Charmer deck featuring Lyna and Dharc. As always, feedback is appreciated!

Monsters:
3x Dharc the Dark Charmer
3x Lyna the Light Charmer
3x Familiar-Possessed - Dharc
3x Milla the Temporal Magician
3x A/D Changer
2x Necro Gardna
1x Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
1x Chaos Sorceror
1x Dark Armed Dragon
1x Thunder King Rai-Oh
1x Cyber Dragon
1x Interplanetarypurplythorny Dragon

Spells:
3x Creature Swap
3x Mystical Space Typhoon
2x Dark World Dealings
1x Foolish Burial
1x Burial from a Different Dimension
1x Forbidden Lance
1x Book of Moon
1x Dark Hole

Traps:
1x Threatening Roar
1x Fiendish Chain
1x Magic Cylinder
1x Compulsory Evacuation Device

Extra:
1x Number 39: Utopia
1x Lavalval Chain
1x Daigusto Emeral
1x Abyss Dweller
1x Gagaga Cowboy
1x Number 50: Blackship of Corn
1x Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
1x Photon Papilloperative
1x Wind-Up Zenmaines
1x Leviair the Sea Dragon
1x Temtempo the Percussion Djinn
1x Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
1x Ghostrick Alucard
1x Chronomaly Crystal Chrononaut
1x Mechquipped Angineer

The purpose of this deck is to bypass the weakness of typical Charmer decks: relying on your opponent's cards for the Charmers to work. The main card I use to achieve this is Creature Swap. I can take over my opponent's monster by giving them one of mine, but since I only run LIGHT and DARK monsters, I can just charm back my own monster. This way I don't need to rely on Scroll of Bewitchment/DNA Transplant shenanigans, or needing to side deck against a specific opponent's attribute. Plus, it's equally as funny to give my opponent a useless A/D changer when they have a 2000+ beater on the field.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

Charmer Power : 2295

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Charmer Swap Deck   Chaos Charmer Swap Deck I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 9:35 am

I'm just gonna be blunt, and say that it looks like you're just adding an unnecessary layer of complexity to me. Like in the sense that you somehow thought 1+1=0 or something.

Of course, this is just looking at the cards based on what I know. So if it does function well then all the more power to you.
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :
Chaos Charmer Swap Deck 1658415264 Chaos Charmer Swap Deck 3087721399Chaos Charmer Swap Deck 1380831044

Character sheet
HP:
Chaos Charmer Swap Deck Left_bar_bleue500/500Chaos Charmer Swap Deck Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
Chaos Charmer Swap Deck Left_bar_bleue200/200Chaos Charmer Swap Deck Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Charmer Swap Deck   Chaos Charmer Swap Deck I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 11:27 am

ΛΔ wrote:
I'm just gonna be blunt, and say that it looks like you're just adding an unnecessary layer of complexity to me. Like in the sense that you somehow thought 1+1=0 or something.

Of course, this is just looking at the cards based on what I know. So if it does function well then all the more power to you.
Are you talking about the overall strategy here, or the cards that I'm using?

If it's the former, then yeah I can see how it can be a bit unnecessary. It's just that, for all the Charmer decks I've made before, it's very easy to -1 yourself, and I'd hope to alleviate this problem here. Also I tried to make it original and versatile, since that's certainly not the ONLY play this deck has.

If it's the latter, then is there anything you suggest I add/remove? I could have gone monotype to make things more consistent, but because of FP-Dharc's effect to search Lyna and Milla, Chaos basically sets itself up here. I was also thinking about a Twilight variant that could be much more consistent, but meh, Lightsworns are too mainstream now Razz

Haven't tested it yet unfortunately, as I just built it yesterday. I am willing to, though, if there are any takers... Wink
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

Charmer Power : 2295

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Charmer Swap Deck   Chaos Charmer Swap Deck I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 5:04 am

The problem is you've basically admitted in the OP that 30% of your deck all but solely relies on a single card that has no way to be reasonably searched. Which granted you also have a good amount of stall until you can make any real plays, but stall can only go so far.

I will give you props for Magic Cylinder though, just because its one of my favorite old-school traps.
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Charmer Swap Deck   Chaos Charmer Swap Deck I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 1:12 pm

ΛΔ wrote:
The problem is you've basically admitted in the OP that 30% of your deck all but solely relies on a single card that has no way to be reasonably searched. Which granted you also have a good amount of stall until you can make any real plays, but stall can only go so far.
Haha yeah, Charmers in general kinda need stall of some form to run well.
And I believe the only way for me to really search Creature Swap at all is to put Alchemic Magician in the Extra, which I don't think is worth it since this deck doesn't swarm that fast enough. Also why I added the double DW Dealings. The only way to really make this deck faster is as I said before to change it to a Lightsworn-centric build. Which I mean, I guess I could try....

ΛΔ wrote:
I will give you props for Magic Cylinder though, just because its one of my favorite old-school traps.
Very Happy I love Magic Cylinder, even though it's outclassed nowadays. When I first heard it was coming off the limited list, I was surprised lol. Also because Marshmallon went to 3 at the same time XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chaos Charmer Swap Deck   Chaos Charmer Swap Deck I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chaos Charmer Swap Deck
Page 1 of 1