Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmer Forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers. Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg because we're migrating!

charmer's familiar people?

Go down 
+2
Hippocampus
ally of justice catastor
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ally of justice catastor
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ally of justice catastor

Charmer Power : 1485
Favorite Charmer : Hiita
Badges :
charmer's familiar people? 1522432259

Character sheet
Name: ally of justice decisive armor
HP:
charmer's familiar people? Left_bar_bleue300/300charmer's familiar people? Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)
MP:
charmer's familiar people? Left_bar_bleue150/150charmer's familiar people? Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

charmer's familiar people? Empty
PostSubject: charmer's familiar people?   charmer's familiar people? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 9:11 am

First we have Gagagigo, Eria's familiar that appear long time ago

Now in Cosmo Blazer, Inari fox appear

Does this means that Charmer's Familiar will arise along with themself????

P.S: I know its out-of-date, have been out of Yugioh's world for one year
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
Hippocampus

Charmer Power : 582
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :
charmer's familiar people? 1658415264 charmer's familiar people? 3087721399charmer's familiar people? 1380831044

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
charmer's familiar people? Left_bar_bleue500/500charmer's familiar people? Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
charmer's familiar people? Left_bar_bleue200/200charmer's familiar people? Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: charmer's familiar people?   charmer's familiar people? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 10:12 am

There's a likely possibility it'll happen. It'll probably take many packs to do so, but they may end up all being released separately. Personally, I would love to see Wynn's dragon as a separate card with some broken ability hmpfh but I have a feeling that the next one to be made would be Aussa's Archfiend Marmot.

However, remember that Inari Fire is NOT the same fox as FP Hiita's familiar. Inari Fire has a beard and looks at most related to Fox Fire. In the same way that for a long time we thought that Winda, Priestess of Gusto was the same character as Wynn the Wind Charmer, but they later revealed that they were sisters, not the same person.
Back to top Go down
ally of justice catastor
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ally of justice catastor

Charmer Power : 1485
Favorite Charmer : Hiita
Badges :
charmer's familiar people? 1522432259

Character sheet
Name: ally of justice decisive armor
HP:
charmer's familiar people? Left_bar_bleue300/300charmer's familiar people? Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)
MP:
charmer's familiar people? Left_bar_bleue150/150charmer's familiar people? Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: charmer's familiar people?   charmer's familiar people? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 10:16 am

Still a big yes for me anyway, thought I'd like to see Meda Bat's next stage form, along with Lyna's new form, always save me in my Ally of Justice deck, she's my favorite card along with Catastor and the famous Core Destroyer
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :
charmer's familiar people? 1658415264 charmer's familiar people? 3087721399charmer's familiar people? 1380831044

Character sheet
HP:
charmer's familiar people? Left_bar_bleue500/500charmer's familiar people? Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
charmer's familiar people? Left_bar_bleue200/200charmer's familiar people? Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: charmer's familiar people?   charmer's familiar people? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 10:20 am

I made a thread about Lyna's new form speculation. You can reply to it here if you'd like:
http://charmer-yugioh.vampire-legend.net/t801-familiar-possessed-lyna-speculation-thread
Back to top Go down
Binding Dharc
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Binding Dharc

Charmer Power : 2116
Favorite Charmer : Dharc
Badges :
charmer's familiar people? 586968 charmer's familiar people? 346267

Character sheet
Name: Hiita the Fire Charmer
HP:
charmer's familiar people? Left_bar_bleue350/350charmer's familiar people? Empty_bar_bleue  (350/350)
MP:
charmer's familiar people? Left_bar_bleue400/400charmer's familiar people? Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)

PostSubject: Re: charmer's familiar people?   charmer's familiar people? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 4:51 pm

And adding the the evolved familiars: Obese Marmot of Nefariousness, looks like something happened to Marmot like Gigobyte and Petit Dragon (through whom's lore we know eventually became a part of the five-headed dragon)
Wonder if all the familiars are going to have an evil form...
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: charmer's familiar people?   charmer's familiar people? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 6:05 pm

Binding Dharc wrote:
And adding the the evolved familiars: Obese Marmot of Nefariousness, looks like something happened to Marmot like Gigobyte and Petit Dragon (through whom's lore we know eventually became a part of the five-headed dragon)
Wonder if all the familiars are going to have an evil form...
Nice try, but I don't think this is even Archfiend Marmot, much less his Familiar-Possessed form. This is more akin to the large amount of clones they made back when the game first started (example: Winged Dragon, Guardian of the Fortress #1 vs. Winged Dragon, Guardian of the Fortress #2, or Wynn could use the example Pale Beast vs. Synchar XD). Usually while they may be related they're not the same character.

Still, I suppose if you want, you could say that Marmot was nibbling on too many acorns one day... Wink
Back to top Go down
Binding Dharc
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Binding Dharc

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
charmer's familiar people? Left_bar_bleue350/350charmer's familiar people? Empty_bar_bleue  (350/350)
MP:
charmer's familiar people? Left_bar_bleue400/400charmer's familiar people? Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)

PostSubject: Re: charmer's familiar people?   charmer's familiar people? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 7:01 pm

I never said it was it's familiar possessed form. Gigobyte has five different versions of himself up to Gagagigo The Risen. I think Obese Marmot is one of those extra forms.

In the first place, if you read Gagagigo's card description - 'This young evildoer used to have an evil heart, but by meeting a special person, he discovered justice.' - it sounds as though Gagagigo actually came before Gigobyte, and when he came in contact with Eria, was purified down to Gigobyte, and later reconstructed his body into Giga Gagigigo, which became Gogiga, and finally became The Risen.

Obese Marmot could just be one of the steps Marmot takes in a very similar journey.
Back to top Go down
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer
Eria

Charmer Power : 6524
Favorite Charmer : Eria
Badges :
charmer's familiar people? 28X2ifc

Character sheet
Name: Eria
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: charmer's familiar people?   charmer's familiar people? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 1:39 am

If that logic applied to Petit Dragon and Happy Lover that means they're the same monster as Fairy Dragon and Tenderness, which I think they're just merely clones of older cards in early YGO.

Also, fun fact:
Obese Marmot's original name (OCG) is Evil Rat. While Archfiend Marmot is Demon Beaver. Archfiend Marmot's TCG name in early YGO video games is Air Marmot of Nefariousness, but since all OCG cards that have "Demon" in their name is treated as Archfiend in TCG, when Marmot released in TCG they named it Archfiend Marmot instead.

If Obese Marmot is really Archfiend Marmot, the thing that comes to my mind is, it's Marmot that corrupted into it's evil form, since its OCG name is Evil Rat. Though my opinion about this is same like Hippocampus. We have a lot of card clones back then, most of them are just color swap with similar monster in different poses.
Back to top Go down
http://charmer-yugioh.vampire-legend.com
Garaito
Super Charmer
Super Charmer
Garaito

Charmer Power : 2613
Location : Padang, and somewhere in Tokyo, near a little river, with Aimizu
Badges :
charmer's familiar people? Shiningfri-1

Character sheet
Name: Yamikaru
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: charmer's familiar people?   charmer's familiar people? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 6:30 am

I wonder when FP Lyna appear XD
Back to top Go down
http://igaraito.blogspot.com
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: charmer's familiar people?   charmer's familiar people? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 11:24 am

Binding Dharc wrote:
I never said it was it's familiar possessed form. Gigobyte has five different versions of himself up to Gagagigo The Risen. I think Obese Marmot is one of those extra forms.

In the first place, if you read Gagagigo's card description - 'This young evildoer used to have an evil heart, but by meeting a special person, he discovered justice.' - it sounds as though Gagagigo actually came before Gigobyte, and when he came in contact with Eria, was purified down to Gigobyte, and later reconstructed his body into Giga Gagigigo, which became Gogiga, and finally became The Risen.

Obese Marmot could just be one of the steps Marmot takes in a very similar journey.
Well Gagagigo's story is pretty much set in stone though. Because he's depicted in so many card artworks, we know everything that happened to him. Unfortunately, the special person he meets is actually Marauding Captain, which occurs after he leaves Eria. While the story you posed is indeed imaginative, it contradicts with so much accepted canon. Take a look at this, for example. It shows Gagagigo being tested on by Kozaky, who then powers him up to become Giga Gagagigo. Eria finding him after this wouldn't make sense.

Obese Marmot could very well be another form of Archfiend Marmot in some journey. But unfortunately there's no proof of this. Here's something I did find though: the only other card art in which Marmot is featured in is this one, which... is very curious, to say the least. I wish dimensions were actually well-defined in the Spirit World Razz
But we do know that this event occurred before him meeting Aussa, since he's not FP-form yet. So maybe his progression is Obese --> Archfiend --> FP-Form, and he loses his evilness when he returns from another dimension?
Dammit I wanna write a fanfic about this now

Eria wrote:
If that logic applied to Petit Dragon and Happy Lover that means they're the same monster as Fairy Dragon and Tenderness, which I think they're just merely clones of older cards in early YGO.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Petit Dragon and Fairy Dragon look nothing alike...? I mean, the wikia page says they're alternate forms, but I don't see much of a resemblance at all there. At least the marmots look similar, and so do Happy Lover and Tenderness.

Eria wrote:
Also, fun fact:
Obese Marmot's original name (OCG) is Evil Rat. While Archfiend Marmot is Demon Beaver. Archfiend Marmot's TCG name in early YGO video games is Air Marmot of Nefariousness, but since all OCG cards that have "Demon" in their name is treated as Archfiend in TCG, when Marmot released in TCG they named it Archfiend Marmot instead.
Lol I remember that! My Eternal Duelist Soul GBA game has the card named Air Marmot instead of Archfiend Marmot. It made so much more sense since, you know, it has wings XD

But yeah, there were a lot of monsters on that game that were OCG only at the time. Many of them that were imported later have altered names or descriptions, such as "Oscillo Hero #2" in OCG being converted to "Wattkid" in TCG. -_-

Garaito wrote:
I wonder when FP Lyna appear XD
This is the biggest question on everyone's mind Razz
Back to top Go down
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer
Eria

Charmer Power : 6524
Badges :
charmer's familiar people? 28X2ifc

Character sheet
Name: Eria
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: charmer's familiar people?   charmer's familiar people? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 2:29 pm

Hippocampus wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Petit Dragon and Fairy Dragon look nothing alike...? I mean, the wikia page says they're alternate forms, but I don't see much of a resemblance at all there. At least the marmots look similar, and so do Happy Lover and Tenderness.
Yes they are, you can analyze again their card art, also here's Fairy Dragon and Petit Dragon's appearance in Duelists of the Roses:

charmer's familiar people? 033bdd0a

charmer's familiar people? HBobBUY

Only thing that makes them different is their color.
Back to top Go down
http://charmer-yugioh.vampire-legend.com
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

Charmer Power : 2295

PostSubject: Re: charmer's familiar people?   charmer's familiar people? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 2:33 pm

Hippocampus wrote:
such as "Oscillo Hero #2" in OCG being converted to "Wattkid" in TCG. -_-
Oscillo Hero #2 was never the OCG card name, but the TCG card name before it got errata'd because of being a Watt monster.

Which quite frankly, the current name is far closer to the original OCG name (Elekids) than Oscillo Hero #2 ever was.
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: charmer's familiar people?   charmer's familiar people? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 2:58 pm

Eria wrote:
Yes they are, you can analyze again their card art, also here's Fairy Dragon and Petit Dragon's appearance in Duelists of the Roses:

charmer's familiar people? 033bdd0a

charmer's familiar people? HBobBUY

Only thing that makes them different is their color.
Oh wow, they do look exactly alike in those pics! That's really interesting.

ΛΔ wrote:
Oscillo Hero #2 was never the OCG card name, but the TCG card name before it got errata'd because of being a Watt monster.

Which quite frankly, the current name is far closer to the original OCG name (Elekids) than Oscillo Hero #2 ever was.
Elekids!
charmer's familiar people? 239

...And this I just don't understand. Why does it need to be a Watt monster? It does nothing for the archetype. At least Archfiends were older, and the fix was in Marmot's first printing.

Also I believe there were was some pseudo-OTK involving Marmot and Falling Down or something.
Back to top Go down
Binding Dharc
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Binding Dharc

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: charmer's familiar people?   charmer's familiar people? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 3:06 pm

[quote="Hippocampus"]While the story you posed is indeed imaginative, it contradicts with so much accepted canon.[/quote]Ah, I see. I'm not paying that much attention to the canon, so I didn't realize all the details of the story. I knew Gagagigo's story was greatly expanded into already, but wasn't aware of how much.
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

PostSubject: Re: charmer's familiar people?   charmer's familiar people? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 3:08 pm

Hippocampus wrote:
...And this I just don't understand. Why does it need to be a Watt monster?
Because it was always a Watt monster (エレキッズ) ever since the archetype was first introduced? So it had its name changed to reflect that?

I don't get why this is something terribly hard to comprehend.
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: charmer's familiar people?   charmer's familiar people? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 3:20 pm

Binding Dharc wrote:
Ah, I see. I'm not paying that much attention to the canon, so I didn't realize all the details of the story. I knew Gagagigo's story was greatly expanded into already, but wasn't aware of how much.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Gagagigo is the most expanded-into monster in the whole game. An older user put a good summary in this thread. Even though Runo has told me he's not the most reliable of sources, the Gagagigo story doesn't really contradict anything I remember (except for maybe the Eisbahn bit at the end).

ΛΔ wrote:
Because it was always a Watt monster (エレキッズ) ever since the archetype was first introduced? So it had its name changed to reflect that?

I don't get why this is something terribly hard to comprehend.
I understand why, I just don't like how they're always changing card names left and right. Pidgeonholding Books of Spell to Spellbook Organization was another one I thought was kinda stupid. At least with Summoned Skull, Beast of Talwar, Shadow Tamer, etc., they didn't actually change their names.
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

PostSubject: Re: charmer's familiar people?   charmer's familiar people? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 3:37 pm

Hippocampus wrote:
I understand why, I just don't like how they're always changing card names left and right. Pidgeonholding Books of Spell to Spellbook Organization was another one I thought was kinda stupid.
You're not seriously complaining about inherent problems with localization, are you?

ps original name was awful, good riddance

Hippocampus wrote:
At least with Summoned Skull, Beast of Talwar, Shadow Tamer, etc., they didn't actually change their names.
and they were also rereleased in the same set that was just recently released.

Granted this could be the way they do things from now on (likely to avoid having to deal with dumb "can run 3 of each because names are different even though art/effect/etc is exactly the same" players), but still
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: charmer's familiar people?   charmer's familiar people? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 4:06 pm

ΛΔ wrote:
You're not seriously complaining about inherent problems with localization, are you?

ps original name was awful, good riddance

and they were also rereleased in the same set that was just recently released.

Granted this could be the way they do things from now on (likely to avoid having to deal with dumb "can run 3 of each because names are different even though art/effect/etc is exactly the same" players), but still
Yeah I guess you're right. Although it's not localization so much as lack of foresight (or censorship in the case of Demons/Archfiends lol). I do think that one of the biggest problems with the name changes is that noobs and/or cheaters will treat them as separate cards. Of course this doesn't stop them from abusing errata'd text either (I still play with 1st Edition Curse of Royal, which says it can negate ANY card, not just Spell/Trap XD), and it actually is better off to try it this way than to justify running 6 of the same useless vanilla, but you get my point.
But you know, apparently TCG and OCG are different games now. Apparently.

And what's wrong with Pidgeonholding? You expect there to be a pidgeon? Laughing
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

PostSubject: Re: charmer's familiar people?   charmer's familiar people? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 4:21 pm

Hippocampus wrote:
Yeah I guess you're right. Although it's not localization so much as lack of foresight
But its entirely a problem in localization, and no amount of foresight could ever fix it. Simply because the problem has to do entirely with the Japanese and Western writing systems being vastly different. So unless America suddenly makes Japanese their native language and Konami USA just starts directly importing OCG cards over here, this will always be a problem.

Hippocampus wrote:
But you know, apparently TCG and OCG are different games now. Apparently.
They've always been weirdly different with different rulings and etc. Which honestly, this just needs to stop. Make a ruling and have it be effective for ALL territories, not just the territory the ruling was made.

Hippocampus wrote:
And what's wrong with Pidgeonholding? You expect there to be a pidgeon? Laughing
Pretty sure you have the name wrong there.

Also what's wrong is its bad.
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: charmer's familiar people?   charmer's familiar people? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 10:52 pm

ΛΔ wrote:
They've always been weirdly different with different rulings and etc. Which honestly, this just needs to stop. Make a ruling and have it be effective for ALL territories, not just the territory the ruling was made.
You mean, don't make up rules, Konami USA? I'll buy that.

ΛΔ wrote:
Pretty sure you have the name wrong there.
Lol I guess that's how I memorized it when it first came out. "Holding" rolls off the tongue better than "holing" imo XD

Anyway... I'm pretty sure we've derailed this thread... so back to talking about marmots, anyone?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: charmer's familiar people?   charmer's familiar people? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

charmer's familiar people?
Page 1 of 1