Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmer Forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers. Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg because we're migrating!

Solemn Notice new counter trap in BOSH

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hiita lover
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
hiita lover

Charmer Power : 3011
Favorite Charmer : Hiita

Solemn Notice new counter trap in BOSH Empty
PostSubject: Solemn Notice new counter trap in BOSH   Solemn Notice new counter trap in BOSH I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 12:31 pm

This is Solemn Notice a really really good card.
Solemn Notice new counter trap in BOSH Latest?cb=20151011104238
Counter trap card
When a monster(s) would be Special Summoned, OR a monster effect is activated: Pay 1500 LP; negate the Special Summon or activation, and if you do, destroy that card.
What do you guys think of the card? I think this card is a staple to every deck now. Even with jar of avarice where you can recycle this card.
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
Hippocampus

Charmer Power : 582
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :
Solemn Notice new counter trap in BOSH 1658415264 Solemn Notice new counter trap in BOSH 3087721399Solemn Notice new counter trap in BOSH 1380831044

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
Solemn Notice new counter trap in BOSH Left_bar_bleue500/500Solemn Notice new counter trap in BOSH Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
Solemn Notice new counter trap in BOSH Left_bar_bleue200/200Solemn Notice new counter trap in BOSH Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Solemn Notice new counter trap in BOSH   Solemn Notice new counter trap in BOSH I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 7:11 pm

I can see it now...
  1. This comes out in TCG
  2. Everyone runs 3
  3. It goes to 2
  4. Everyone runs 2
  5. It goes to 1
  6. Everyone runs 1
  7. TCG bans Solemn Warning
  8. This becomes the new Solemn card for another 5 year reign
  9. People forget how to Normal Summon

Seriously, I'm tired of them constantly making weaker versions of older staples. The game was fine with the ones they had.

As for the pic, what is God punishing this time? The preview's really small so I can't tell.
Back to top Go down
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer
Eria

Charmer Power : 6524
Favorite Charmer : Eria
Badges :
Solemn Notice new counter trap in BOSH 28X2ifc

Character sheet
Name: Eria
HP:
Solemn Notice new counter trap in BOSH Left_bar_bleue300/300Solemn Notice new counter trap in BOSH Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)
MP:
Solemn Notice new counter trap in BOSH Left_bar_bleue150/150Solemn Notice new counter trap in BOSH Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Solemn Notice new counter trap in BOSH   Solemn Notice new counter trap in BOSH I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 1:23 pm

Hippocampus wrote:

Seriously, I'm tired of them constantly making weaker versions of older staples. The game was fine with the ones they had.

It's even more tiring seeing your move stopped every now and then due to card like this. We already have Warning, Torrent, BTH, BTS, Fiendish Chain, and even Skill Drain and Soul Drain, we also already have Vanity's Emptiness. YGO is the only card game I played that involves stopping opponent's play here and there in constant period, or you'll be overwhelmed by opponent's monsters. This causes staples like BTH, Warning, Torrent, and friends becomes important. Summon monster, BTH. Activate effect, BTS. Summon Extra, Warning. Want to special summon, Emptiness. Those cards can force some decks to just end their turn after they normal summoned their monster.

Sometimes I feel bad if I just stopped my opponent's play again and again with staple backrows while my field builds up and overwhelmed them in few turns.

I mean, winning by successful combos or strategy and winning by stopping your opponent's plays are entirely different experience, at least for me.
Back to top Go down
http://charmer-yugioh.vampire-legend.com
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
Hippocampus

Charmer Power : 582
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :
Solemn Notice new counter trap in BOSH 1658415264 Solemn Notice new counter trap in BOSH 3087721399Solemn Notice new counter trap in BOSH 1380831044

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
Solemn Notice new counter trap in BOSH Left_bar_bleue500/500Solemn Notice new counter trap in BOSH Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
Solemn Notice new counter trap in BOSH Left_bar_bleue200/200Solemn Notice new counter trap in BOSH Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Solemn Notice new counter trap in BOSH   Solemn Notice new counter trap in BOSH I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 10:37 pm

Eria wrote:
It's even more tiring seeing your move stopped every now and then due to card like this. We already have Warning, Torrent, BTH, BTS, Fiendish Chain, and even Skill Drain and Soul Drain, we also already have Vanity's Emptiness. YGO is the only card game I played that involves stopping opponent's play here and there in constant period, or you'll be overwhelmed by opponent's monsters. This causes staples like BTH, Warning, Torrent, and friends becomes important. Summon monster, BTH. Activate effect, BTS. Summon Extra, Warning. Want to special summon, Emptiness. Those cards can force some decks to just end their turn after they normal summoned their monster.

Sometimes I feel bad if I just stopped my opponent's play again and again with staple backrows while my field builds up and overwhelmed them in few turns.

I mean, winning by successful combos or strategy and winning by stopping your opponent's plays are entirely different experience, at least for me.
Fair enough, but don't forget that both players have access to these cards, and therefore have equal ability to stop the opponent's plays. Also don't forget that some decks are much more defensive or control based, and can't come back from aggro/swarm plays without these cards. I personally feel worse if I make a decent play and then the very next turn my opponent makes a bigger play that destroys everything I have and makes all I worked for last turn for naught, than to thwart my opponent's comeback with one or two carefully-timed stopping cards.

And it's true that backrow does enforce a more strategic game; if my opponent has a face-down trap, I'll have to think about whether I should overextend or not, because there is always a threat of my play being stopped. Especially when there's more than one face-down.

But as always, there should be a limit. And as always, Yu-Gi-Oh! crossed that limit a long time ago. The reason why cards like Solemn, Torrential, BTH, Skill Drain, etc., were limited was because they were TOO disruptive at more than one. And now they use that excuse to make more cards like that, so eventually you can have a deck filled with nothing but stoppers. Logic?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Solemn Notice new counter trap in BOSH   Solemn Notice new counter trap in BOSH I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Solemn Notice new counter trap in BOSH
Page 1 of 1