Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmer Forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers. Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg because we're migrating!

Project Charmers

Go down 
+12
Misuka
Dally
Solid Snake
DoomsdayDharc
Kyokochan666
Kappa Tulen
Amirashika
Wiseman
Wynn
Eria
Kirikaze Fuuma
Runo
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
MaxxiasCXY96
New Charmer
New Charmer
MaxxiasCXY96

Charmer Power : 1114
Favorite Charmer : Wynn

Character sheet
Name: Maxxy
HP:
Project Charmers - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue245/245Project Charmers - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (245/245)
MP:
Project Charmers - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue175/175Project Charmers - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (175/175)

Project Charmers - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 2:31 pm

Anything involved with Obelisk, Slifer, Ra, and The Creator God of Light, Horakhty would be too OP in my opinion, they are just TOO powerful. What about using "Mausoleum of the Emperor" as a dungeon? Aesirs and Agents could make a great combo together, maybe the seal that binds them gets broken at "Valhalla, Hall of the Fallen".

Also how do they get to the "Chaos Zone"? You could also put some trial getting to BSL and Chao's Emperor Dragon by fighting the "Dark Counterparts" like Dark Grepher, Dark Horus, Dark Creator, Dark Rainbow Dragon, and so on. Maybe to get to "Chaos Zone" the charmers could use "Different Dimension Gate"

Remember the card "Time Machine"? It should be used for the Charmers as transport or going to certain places? Then they go to a cave (referencing "The Dragon Dwelling in the Cave") if they go deep in the cave they can face Five-Headed Dragon.

The Wicked God monsters could be fought but where? What about Exodia, Necross, Exodius, Exxod? Too much?
How would the Sacred Beasts be involved?

What about Exxod, Master of the Guard inside Guardian Sphinx?

Kaiser Colosseum, a mini-game area where you can fight Gladiator Beasts?
Oh my Gosh!! WHat about "Temple of the Kings" where you face "Mystical Beast of Serket" and "The End of Anubis" and all card related to Anubis?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/aznplayaboi?feature=mhee
Dally
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Dally

Charmer Power : 1533

Character sheet
Name: Aragaki Kiryu
HP:
Project Charmers - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue2000/2000Project Charmers - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (2000/2000)
MP:
Project Charmers - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue500/500Project Charmers - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 7:44 pm

I can see some of these monsters appearing as a "monster-in-a-box" surprise monster boss encounters when you open a chest with a good item inside. Maybe those kinds of chests can appear near the end.
Back to top Go down
Charmergirl2251
New Charmer
New Charmer
Charmergirl2251

Charmer Power : 1040

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
Project Charmers - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue300/300Project Charmers - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)
MP:
Project Charmers - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue150/150Project Charmers - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 4:05 pm

I love this idea!!!! I will total be a beta tester if you need more!! What if Lyna and Dharc was bonus charaters like on FF7? What if Dark magician was Dharc's teacher?
Back to top Go down
Charmergirl2251
New Charmer
New Charmer
Charmergirl2251

Charmer Power : 1040

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
Project Charmers - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue300/300Project Charmers - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)
MP:
Project Charmers - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue150/150Project Charmers - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 5:37 pm

Sorry for the nercopost but how is the project going?
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
Hippocampus

Charmer Power : 582
Badges :
Project Charmers - Page 3 1658415264 Project Charmers - Page 3 3087721399Project Charmers - Page 3 1380831044

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
Project Charmers - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue500/500Project Charmers - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
Project Charmers - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue200/200Project Charmers - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 8:07 am

I know it's been a long time since this has been updated, but this really does look like an awesome idea. I can definitely be a beta tester for this, and if there is anything not finished for it, I wouldn't mind helping out in the development process either. Do you have any interest in picking this up again, Runo?
Back to top Go down
Runo
Mod - Anti Sue Squad Leader
Runo

Charmer Power : 1852

PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 2:49 am

This project has been canceled due to my laziness these past days.

Nah, just kidding.

Sorry for a long delay, guys. I have another projects to be done, so I focused on them first. But I'm still working on this, don't worry. And since I already got my RMVX Ace, I decided to port the whole system to RGSS3. I've been playing around with the custom system and the GUI in this project too, so... yeah. I added some (unnecessary) features, simply because I can and I want to. Laughing

The basic lore of the storyline is also finished, I just need to fix some missing links here and there. I'll post another update and new screenshoots soon.

Hippocampus wrote:
I know it's been a long time since this has been updated, but this really does look like an awesome idea. I can definitely be a beta tester for this, and if there is anything not finished for it, I wouldn't mind helping out in the development process either. Do you have any interest in picking this up again, Runo?

Welcome to the herd, then! XD Could you do some spriting part? I need a spriter more than anything for now.

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :
Project Charmers - Page 3 1658415264 Project Charmers - Page 3 3087721399Project Charmers - Page 3 1380831044

Character sheet
HP:
MP:
Project Charmers - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue200/200Project Charmers - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 8:24 am

Runo wrote:
Sorry for a long delay, guys. I have another projects to be done, so I focused on them first. But I'm still working on this, don't worry. And since I already got my RMVX Ace, I decided to port the whole system to RGSS3. I've been playing around with the custom system and the GUI in this project too, so... yeah. I added some (unnecessary) features, simply because I can and I want to. Laughing
RMVX Ace, huh? Does that work better than RMVX?

Also, I may just have overlooked this on the thread, but what is the battle system like in this game?

Runo wrote:
Welcome to the herd, then! XD Could you do some spriting part? I need a spriter more than anything for now.
Unfortunately, I'm pretty bad at spriting lol. I can do resource modification, and I love making maps. But as far as spriting original characters... not my strong suit :\
Back to top Go down
Runo
Runo

PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 11:45 pm

Hippocampus wrote:
RMVX Ace, huh? Does that work better than RMVX?
It's actually not much different, but the script library in RGSS3 is indeed more neat compared to RGSS2. It's easier to organize the moduls in it. Very Happy

Hippocampus wrote:
Also, I may just have overlooked this on the thread, but what is the battle system like in this game?
I just realized that I haven't explain anything about the battle system in this project. facepalm Thanks for pointed that out. XD

The battle system is still turn-based, each will be focused on the character's AGI and their delay/charge time. It's basically works like this each turn :

1. The character that has a highest AGI will go first, then set a command in that turn. Normal attack or using items will be resolved immediately, and the character will get 0 delay time for his/her next turn.
  2. If the character choose to use any special skill, then the system will set the charge time based on how powerful the skill is. More powerful, more charge time to cast the skill, and more chance of being interrupted when he/she's casting it. The skill can be nullified in this charging time, so it'll depends on the character's stats whether they can negate the interrupt skill or not.
  3. After the command resolved, the next turn will be moved to the second character. The first character will get a certain delay time based on his/her previous actions. More powerful the skill used in their previous turn, then more exhausted they can be, and more delay time for his/her next turn.
  4. When all characters already get their turns, the system will return back to the first character, and he/she will get some stat bonuses depends on how long his/her delayed time.
  5. Repeats until the battle ends.

Some skill will need a certain requirements too, and the cost of each skill will be different each other.

Hippocampus wrote:
Unfortunately, I'm pretty bad at spriting lol.
Aww... too bad, then.

But, wait...

Hippocampus wrote:
I can do resource modification, and I love making maps. But as far as spriting original characters... not my strong suit :\
Aha! Maybe I should exploit that. Twisted Evil That will be a great help! Do you do parallax mapping as well? XD

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 9:22 am

Runo wrote:
It's actually not much different, but the script library in RGSS3 is indeed more neat compared to RGSS2. It's easier to organize the moduls in it. Very Happy
Mkay. Well I was just curious. To be honest, all of the games I've worked on are for RMXP, which is even older than VX lol

Runo wrote:
The battle system is still turn-based, each will be focused on the character's AGI and their delay/charge time. It's basically works like this each turn :

1. The character that has a highest AGI will go first, then set a command in that turn. Normal attack or using items will be resolved immediately, and the character will get 0 delay time for his/her next turn.

2. If the character choose to use any special skill, then the system will set the charge time based on how powerful the skill is. More powerful, more charge time to cast the skill, and more chance of being interrupted when he/she's casting it. The skill can be nullified in this charging time, so it'll depends on the character's stats whether they can negate the interrupt skill or not.

3. After the command resolved, the next turn will be moved to the second character. The first character will get a certain delay time based on his/her previous actions. More powerful the skill used in their previous turn, then more exhausted they can be, and more delay time for his/her next turn.

4. When all characters already get their turns, the system will return back to the first character, and he/she will get some stat bonuses depends on how long his/her delayed time.

5. Repeats until the battle ends.

Some skill will need a certain requirements too, and the cost of each skill will be different each other.
Cool, so it's somewhere inbetween a TBS and an ABS? I like that a lot.

Runo wrote:
Aha! Maybe I should exploit that. :twisted:That will be a great help! Do you do parallax mapping as well? XD
I didn't even know you could do parallax mapping for RPG Maker... O.o

Also, when I say "map making", I mean making layouts for the field, like towns, forests, dungeons, etc. I really don't know how to do anything very graphically intensive Sad That 3D stuff looks tough.
Back to top Go down
Runo
Runo

PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 6:23 am

Hippocampus wrote:
Mkay. Well I was just curious. To be honest, all of the games I've worked on are for RMXP, which is even older than VX lol
Aah, RMXP. Reminds me of a good old days, that one is pretty decent too.

Hippocampus wrote:
Cool, so it's somewhere inbetween a TBS and an ABS? I like that a lot.
Most likely, yep.

Hippocampus wrote:
I didn't even know you could do parallax mapping for RPG Maker... O.o
Yes, you could! XD Actually, parallax mapping became popular in this engine since RMVX, because of its extremely limited tilesets, lol.

Hippocampus wrote:
Also, when I say "map making", I mean making layouts for the field, like towns, forests, dungeons, etc. I really don't know how to do anything very graphically intensive :(That 3D stuff looks tough.
Hmm... mind to send me an example of your work? XD

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 8:24 am

Runo wrote:
Yes, you could! XD Actually, parallax mapping became popular in this engine since RMVX, because of its extremely limited tilesets, lol.
Limited tilesets, that's right. There were a few reasons why I never upgraded to VX, and I think that was one of them.

Runo wrote:
Hmm... mind to send me an example of your work? XD
Shocked 

If you'd like, I can PM you something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Project Charmers
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3