Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmer Forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers. Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg because we're migrating!

Aussa/Unicorn

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
moronic_knight
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
moronic_knight

Charmer Power : 1089

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
Aussa/Unicorn Left_bar_bleue300/300Aussa/Unicorn Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)
MP:
Aussa/Unicorn Left_bar_bleue150/150Aussa/Unicorn Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

Aussa/Unicorn Empty
PostSubject: Aussa/Unicorn   Aussa/Unicorn I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2016 6:12 am

So I started dueling again yesterday after so many years, and decided to make a deck. But none of the new archetypes interested me (I was quite disgusted by some of them, infact Mad ). I decided to stick with what I know, even though my YGO knowledge is pretty ancient by today's standards. lol!

Aussa/Unicorn 300?cb=20100824220357Aussa/Unicorn 300?cb=20100907012519Aussa/Unicorn 300?cb=20150425144117

Team Unicorn were my favorite characters in 5D's and I really love the Unicorn archetype, even though it is just a bunch of 3 monsters with no proper support. They all need Beast Tuners, and a lot of Beast-type Tuners are EARTH. So, Aussa was a natural choice.

The deck in this post focuses on the second one, Voltic Bicorn. If I put in Thunder Unicorn in, it would most probably never be used. I'll make another deck with Thunder Unicorn later in this thread. Tricorn isn't much by itself, its just a support card for these two. I don't think Tricorn needs a deck for itself.

Let's move on to the thing that interests you the most: the Charmers!

Aussa/Unicorn AvalanchingAussa-DR04-NA-C-UE

I'd like to say that Aussa is a key card here, but I would be lying. The key card is this one. (Aussa is in it, too)

Aussa/Unicorn 300?cb=20080526040909

Foreword

This deck is currently incomplete. And very rough, ugly, etc. Since it focuses on Voltic Bicorn which mills my cards too, I use 40+ cards. So don't get angry about that. I'll fix it later. Consider this deck version 0.1.

Decklist

Aussa/Unicorn YOZ63fE

Whoa? Are you still there? Done puking? Okay, let's move on.

Monsters - 21

Avalanching Aussa x3
Giant Rat x3
Scrap Beast x3
X-Saber Airbellum x3
Goblindbergh x2
Blockman x2
Lava Golem x2
Zero Gardna x1
Gigantes x1
Outstanding Dog Marron x1 (IMPORTANT!)

Spells - 10

Scapegoat x3
Creature Swap x2
Gold Sarcophagus x2
Dark Hole x2
Raigeki x1

Traps - 18

(lots of traps!) lol!

Spiritual Earth Art - Kurogane x3
Stronghold the Moving Fortress x3
Call of the Haunted x3
Mirror Force x2
Quaking Mirror Force x2
Smashing Mirror Force x2
Defense Draw x2
Torrential Tribute x1

Extra Deck

Voltic Bicorn x3
Standard Level 7 and 8 Synchros
Standard Rank 4 Xyz

Card Notes

Torrential Tribute, Raigeki and Dark Hole are here to clear the field, obviously. Since swarming and searching archetypes are really common.

Mirror Force cards to deal with swarming attackers.

Giant Rat searches EARTH monsters, can bring out Aussa, Zero Gardna and Blockman.

Scapegoat is a very important and versatile card here. The tokens can be used to defend, or synchro summon to Lv7 or 8.

The tuners are X-Saber Airbellum (LV3) and Scrap Beast (LV4).

Stronghold is a good fit here, it becomes a EARTH trap monster and can be used to synchro, as tribute for Aussa, or Rank 4 Xyz. Or even as a plain 2000DEF barrier.

Blockman can be searched out by Rat and tributed to increase field presence. The tokens are Level 4.

Lava Golem is also a good fit here, because the newer archetypes swarm so much its crazy.

Revival Gift can make life easier but I am not too fond of the idea of giving my opponent more field presence when I'm going to have just one or two monsters.

Strategies

- Basically, to bring out Voltic Bicorn and:
1) Ram it into and opponent's monster (or Lava Golem), then cover with Defense Draw if available
2) Let the opponent destroy it with a card effect

- If a Bicorn was successfully used, use CoTH to summon and mill again.

- Lava Golem to get rid of opponent's monsters

- Creature Swap to switch their monsters with my tokens and other fun stuff

- To get Voltic Bicorn:
1) X-Saber Airbellum + Blockman/BlockToken/Scapegoats/Aussa/Giant Rat/Goblindbergh/Gigantes/Zero Gardna
2) Scrap Beast + Scapegoats

- Scrap Beast can get a Rank 4 Xyz or Lv8 Synchro really easily since so many others are level 4.

Threats

- Stuff like that Blue Eyes Spirit Dragon and Debunk
- Card control archetypes

Areas of Improvement

- Too many.

Needs a lot of improvement, and I want you guys to help me with that. Since I don't know about the newer cards that were released, maybe there is something that will improve this deck a lot. If you know something like that, pls suggest.

Other than that, its pretty fun. I'm 8-2 with this deck on DN, lost to Blue-Eyes both times. Machine Angels gave me a really hard time, but they decked out before they could kill my 900LP. On the other hand, a game against Lightsworns was over in six-seven turns.
lol!

I'm looking forward to your suggestions.

EDIT: Just remembered Pinpoint Guard. Will update.

EDIT2: Adding a lot of other stuff.
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
Hippocampus

Charmer Power : 582
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :
Aussa/Unicorn 1658415264 Aussa/Unicorn 3087721399Aussa/Unicorn 1380831044

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
Aussa/Unicorn Left_bar_bleue500/500Aussa/Unicorn Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
Aussa/Unicorn Left_bar_bleue200/200Aussa/Unicorn Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

Aussa/Unicorn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aussa/Unicorn   Aussa/Unicorn I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2016 12:24 pm

Wow, talk about creative here! Multiple win condition decks are my favorite kinds for sure Very Happy

Personally I think you have too much monster destruction in here. Don't forget that many monsters nowadays thrive from being destroyed and sent to the Graveyard. I'd swap out the 2 Mirror Forces for 2 MSTs, since you also lack S/T hate. Also if you want to prevent deckouts then I'd suggest teching Jar of Avarice, and drop that silly Dog Marron lol. One Lava Golem seems to be enough, seeing it's just a tech. And I'm not sure I like Gigantes, since you have no other banishing support cards (and you do also rely on your own backrows a bit).

Other than that, the deck's great! Let me know how it tests.
Back to top Go down
moronic_knight
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
moronic_knight

Charmer Power : 1089

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
Aussa/Unicorn Left_bar_bleue300/300Aussa/Unicorn Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)
MP:
Aussa/Unicorn Left_bar_bleue150/150Aussa/Unicorn Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

Aussa/Unicorn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aussa/Unicorn   Aussa/Unicorn I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2016 6:38 am

Hippocampus wrote:
Personally I think you have too much monster destruction in here. Don't forget that many monsters nowadays thrive from being destroyed and sent to the Graveyard. One Lava Golem seems to be enough, seeing it's just a tech. And I'm not sure I like Gigantes, since you have no other banishing support cards (and you do also rely on your own backrows a bit).

I get your point. The reason I was putting the 2 Mirror Forces was avoid pseudo-dead draws. But the recent archetypes are too good at S/T destruction by themselves, so that ends up being useless anyway. I actually took out both Mirror Forces for another Quaking Mirror Force and Dark Bribe after I posted this build.

Hippocampus wrote:
Other than that, the deck's great! Let me know how it tests.

The original performed better than I expected, but then I decided switch to an X-Saber engine instead for more speed and searching ability. Got rekt. :/
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
Hippocampus

Charmer Power : 582
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :
Aussa/Unicorn 1658415264 Aussa/Unicorn 3087721399Aussa/Unicorn 1380831044

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
Aussa/Unicorn Left_bar_bleue500/500Aussa/Unicorn Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
Aussa/Unicorn Left_bar_bleue200/200Aussa/Unicorn Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

Aussa/Unicorn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aussa/Unicorn   Aussa/Unicorn I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2016 5:10 pm

moronic_knight wrote:
The original performed better than I expected, but then I decided switch to an X-Saber engine instead for more speed and searching ability. Got rekt. :/
Don't they always say that the original's the best? XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aussa/Unicorn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aussa/Unicorn   Aussa/Unicorn I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aussa/Unicorn
Page 1 of 1