Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmer Forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers. Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg because we're migrating!

Which was your favorite YGO format

Go down 
+3
Binding Dharc
ally of justice catastor
Hippocampus
7 posters

Which was your favorite YGO format?
2003-2004 (Early days of YGO)
Which was your favorite YGO format I_vote_lcap18%Which was your favorite YGO format I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
2005 (Goat Format)
Which was your favorite YGO format I_vote_lcap9%Which was your favorite YGO format I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
2006 (Post-Goat Format)
Which was your favorite YGO format I_vote_lcap9%Which was your favorite YGO format I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
2007 (Later GX era)
 9% [ 1 ]
2008 (TeleDAD format)
 9% [ 1 ]
2009-2010 (5D's era)
 9% [ 1 ]
2011-2012 (Early Zexal era)
Which was your favorite YGO format I_vote_lcap0%Which was your favorite YGO format I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
2013 (Dragon Rulers Format)
 9% [ 1 ]
2014 (Late Zexal era)
Which was your favorite YGO format I_vote_lcap18%Which was your favorite YGO format I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
2015-? (Arc V era)
 9% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
Hippocampus

Charmer Power : 582
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :
Which was your favorite YGO format 1658415264 Which was your favorite YGO format 3087721399Which was your favorite YGO format 1380831044

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
Which was your favorite YGO format Left_bar_bleue500/500Which was your favorite YGO format Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
Which was your favorite YGO format Left_bar_bleue200/200Which was your favorite YGO format Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

Which was your favorite YGO format Empty
PostSubject: Which was your favorite YGO format   Which was your favorite YGO format I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 12:02 pm

New random poll; just select the years that you think was/were the best time to play YGO. You can base it on which year(s) you had the most fun playing the game, or you can base it on which format(s) you believe was the most balanced retrospectively. You didn't have to be actually playing during those years, so as long as you think the format was good and fun. Since there are a lot of choices, multiple voting is allowed.

P.S. You all know my favorites Wink
Back to top Go down
ally of justice catastor
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ally of justice catastor

Charmer Power : 1485
Favorite Charmer : Hiita
Badges :
Which was your favorite YGO format 1522432259

Character sheet
Name: ally of justice decisive armor
HP:
Which was your favorite YGO format Left_bar_bleue300/300Which was your favorite YGO format Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)
MP:
Which was your favorite YGO format Left_bar_bleue150/150Which was your favorite YGO format Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Which was your favorite YGO format   Which was your favorite YGO format I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 12:10 pm

2014, the only thing that's annoying is HAT and Mermail
Back to top Go down
Binding Dharc
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Binding Dharc

Charmer Power : 2116
Favorite Charmer : Dharc
Badges :
Which was your favorite YGO format 586968 Which was your favorite YGO format 346267

Character sheet
Name: Hiita the Fire Charmer
HP:
Which was your favorite YGO format Left_bar_bleue350/350Which was your favorite YGO format Empty_bar_bleue  (350/350)
MP:
Which was your favorite YGO format Left_bar_bleue400/400Which was your favorite YGO format Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)

PostSubject: Re: Which was your favorite YGO format   Which was your favorite YGO format I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 2:42 pm

You all know my gripe with the xyz monsters, so I'm going to say the 5D's era. Synchro's were easier to summon than fushion, but they still weren't insanely easy to get, they aren't as annoying as a whole as the xyz generation is.
Back to top Go down
hiita lover
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
hiita lover

Charmer Power : 3011
Favorite Charmer : Hiita

PostSubject: Re: Which was your favorite YGO format   Which was your favorite YGO format I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 5:16 pm

Binding Dharc wrote:
You all know my gripe with the xyz monsters, so I'm going to say the 5D's era. Synchro's were easier to summon than fushion, but they still weren't insanely easy to get, they aren't as annoying as a whole as the xyz generation is.
So you like Yang zing as a deck? My favorite era of yugioh is GX because I love the card in it(Charmers being my favorite GX cards) also it was so fun playing that format again lately.
Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier
Kirikaze Fuuma

Charmer Power : 5700
Badges :
Which was your favorite YGO format GearfriedWhich was your favorite YGO format S-hai01

Character sheet
Name: Wynn
HP:
Which was your favorite YGO format Left_bar_bleue280/280Which was your favorite YGO format Empty_bar_bleue  (280/280)
MP:
Which was your favorite YGO format Left_bar_bleue170/170Which was your favorite YGO format Empty_bar_bleue  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Which was your favorite YGO format   Which was your favorite YGO format I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 9:05 am

I don't really think much when it comes to format, especially things like Goat format with Goat Control deck, which actually I never saw (the strongest opponent I have back then used Chaos, which IMO is already very strong, and I never go to tournament. Yup. We're just a small group of people who were having fun with YGO). But if it's about when I had the most fun playing the game, indeed early day in YGO is the day where I enjoyed YGO the most. And I continue to enjoy the game until early/mid 5D era.

Yup.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gransveld
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :
Which was your favorite YGO format 1658415264 Which was your favorite YGO format 3087721399Which was your favorite YGO format 1380831044

Character sheet
HP:
Which was your favorite YGO format Left_bar_bleue500/500Which was your favorite YGO format Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
Which was your favorite YGO format Left_bar_bleue200/200Which was your favorite YGO format Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Which was your favorite YGO format   Which was your favorite YGO format I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 11:56 am

ally of justice catastor wrote:
2014, the only thing that's annoying is HAT and Mermail
Strangely, I kinda have to agree with you here. Though I honestly got more annoyed by Bujins than Mermails.

Binding Dharc wrote:
I liked some parts of 5D's era a lot. I just didn't like how everything was dominated by X-Sabers and Blackwings.

hiita lover wrote:
My favorite era of yugioh is GX because I love the card in it(Charmers being my favorite GX cards) also it was so fun playing that format again lately.
It's funny how many people still really like GX era, almost as many as those who like Goat Format. I met a lot of people online who still play Airblade Turbo.

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
I don't really think much when it comes to format, especially things like Goat format with Goat Control deck, which actually I never saw (the strongest opponent I have back then used Chaos, which IMO is already very strong, and I never go to tournament. Yup. We're just a small group of people who were having fun with YGO). But if it's about when I had the most fun playing the game, indeed early day in YGO is the day where I enjoyed YGO the most. And I continue to enjoy the game until early/mid 5D era.

Yup.
TeleDAD must've made you ragequit, huh
Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier
Kirikaze Fuuma

Charmer Power : 5700
Badges :
Which was your favorite YGO format GearfriedWhich was your favorite YGO format S-hai01

Character sheet
Name: Wynn
HP:
Which was your favorite YGO format Left_bar_bleue280/280Which was your favorite YGO format Empty_bar_bleue  (280/280)
MP:
Which was your favorite YGO format Left_bar_bleue170/170Which was your favorite YGO format Empty_bar_bleue  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: Which was your favorite YGO format   Which was your favorite YGO format I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 12:23 pm

^ Just because I enjoyed it less, doesn't mean I ragequit. Which was your favorite YGO format Verymad_zpsef4e1d87
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gransveld
minimania
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer
minimania

Charmer Power : 1189

Character sheet
Name: Melanie And Situa Yukara
HP:
Which was your favorite YGO format Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Which was your favorite YGO format Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)
MP:
Which was your favorite YGO format Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Which was your favorite YGO format Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: Which was your favorite YGO format   Which was your favorite YGO format I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 4:19 pm

Should I be concerned that my favorite formats where when Dragon Rulers were live?
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Which was your favorite YGO format   Which was your favorite YGO format I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 12:13 pm

minimania wrote:
Should I be concerned that my favorite formats where when Dragon Rulers were live?
Not at all; it's simply a matter of preference, mate. That's what the polls are for.

Now, if you wanted to find people who AGREED with you, then yeah, that might be reason for concern Wink
Back to top Go down
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer
Eria

Charmer Power : 6524
Favorite Charmer : Eria
Badges :
Which was your favorite YGO format 28X2ifc

Character sheet
Name: Eria
HP:
Which was your favorite YGO format Left_bar_bleue300/300Which was your favorite YGO format Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)
MP:
Which was your favorite YGO format Left_bar_bleue150/150Which was your favorite YGO format Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Which was your favorite YGO format   Which was your favorite YGO format I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 12:03 pm

Early YGO is good ol' days. Everyone and their mother summons card like Gemini Elf or 7 Colored Fish. Set Mystical Elf, opponent hit it and it doesn't die, then Tribute it for Summoned Skull. Axe of Despair is godly due to 1000 ATK boost. Trap Hole is like your BTH or Warning. Raigeki OP and will destroy anything, while today, if you use Raigeki, those monsters will float and some will say "thank you". hmpfh
Back to top Go down
http://charmer-yugioh.vampire-legend.com
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Which was your favorite YGO format   Which was your favorite YGO format I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 9:33 pm

Eria wrote:
Early YGO is good ol' days. Everyone and their mother summons card like Gemini Elf or 7 Colored Fish. Set Mystical Elf, opponent hit it and it doesn't die, then Tribute it for Summoned Skull. Axe of Despair is godly due to 1000 ATK boost. Trap Hole is like your BTH or Warning. Raigeki OP and will destroy anything, while today, if you use Raigeki, those monsters will float and some will say "thank you". hmpfh
Also back then, not every one had all the staples like they do now, because there weren't nearly as many reprints as there are now. It took me two years after I first began collecting cards before I even found someone irl with a Raigeki, let alone someone who would trade theirs to me.

And yeah I remember a lot more people set defensive monsters back then. I remember pulling Soul Tiger out of a pack one day and thinking, "Wow, this card is so broken!!!!" XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which was your favorite YGO format   Which was your favorite YGO format I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which was your favorite YGO format
Page 1 of 1