Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmer Forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers. Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg because we're migrating!

Traptrix Rafflesia (A new staple rank 4 xyz monster)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hiita lover
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
hiita lover

Charmer Power : 3011
Favorite Charmer : Hiita

Traptrix Rafflesia (A new staple rank 4 xyz monster) Empty
PostSubject: Traptrix Rafflesia (A new staple rank 4 xyz monster)   Traptrix Rafflesia (A new staple rank 4 xyz monster) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 9:55 am

This is Traptrix Rafflesia
Traptrix Rafflesia (A new staple rank 4 xyz monster) 300px-TraptrixRafflesia-DOCS-JP-SR
Rank 4 Earth plant xyz monster
ATK 300 DEF 2500
2 Level 4 monsters
This card is unaffected by Trap effects while it has Xyz Material. "Traptrix" monsters you control, except "Traptrix Rafflesia", cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects, and cannot be targeted by an opponent's card effects. Once per turn, during either player’s turn, when the activation timing of a "Hole" Normal Trap Card in your Deck is correct: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and send an appropriate "Hole" Normal Trap Card from your Deck to the Graveyard; apply this effect as the sent Trap Card's effect.

This is OCG only Sad I would play this card in charmers because I can use all of the different trap hole card without setting it on the field. This card is really good Smile sorry for not being active like I used to. Life gets to me and I did not forgot my favorite forum <3

What do you think about this card?
Back to top Go down
ally of justice catastor
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ally of justice catastor

Charmer Power : 1485
Favorite Charmer : Hiita
Badges :
Traptrix Rafflesia (A new staple rank 4 xyz monster) 1522432259

Character sheet
Name: ally of justice decisive armor
HP:
Traptrix Rafflesia (A new staple rank 4 xyz monster) Left_bar_bleue300/300Traptrix Rafflesia (A new staple rank 4 xyz monster) Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)
MP:
Traptrix Rafflesia (A new staple rank 4 xyz monster) Left_bar_bleue150/150Traptrix Rafflesia (A new staple rank 4 xyz monster) Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Traptrix Rafflesia (A new staple rank 4 xyz monster)   Traptrix Rafflesia (A new staple rank 4 xyz monster) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 11:50 am

bad thing that my local's playing OCG, I'm scared of seeing my senpai's HAM(Hand-Artifact-Madolche) using this card so bad :v

also, this being generic will make sudden bottomless pretty shocking, alongside unaffected by compulsory/Mirror Force is also a nice bonus

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
Hippocampus

Charmer Power : 582
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :
Traptrix Rafflesia (A new staple rank 4 xyz monster) 1658415264 Traptrix Rafflesia (A new staple rank 4 xyz monster) 3087721399Traptrix Rafflesia (A new staple rank 4 xyz monster) 1380831044

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
Traptrix Rafflesia (A new staple rank 4 xyz monster) Left_bar_bleue500/500Traptrix Rafflesia (A new staple rank 4 xyz monster) Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
Traptrix Rafflesia (A new staple rank 4 xyz monster) Left_bar_bleue200/200Traptrix Rafflesia (A new staple rank 4 xyz monster) Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Traptrix Rafflesia (A new staple rank 4 xyz monster)   Traptrix Rafflesia (A new staple rank 4 xyz monster) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 12:44 pm

hiita lover wrote:
This is OCG only Sad
Yeah they'd never print this in TCG. Rafflesia looks so sultry, with her head resting on Dionaea's busom like that...

Seriously, mate, every card will get printed in every game eventually. If you can't wait to use it, just go on DN.

hiita lover wrote:
I would play this card in charmers because I can use all of the different trap hole card without setting it on the field.
Just because you can do something doesn't always mean you should. Charmers never needed all the Trap Hole cards.

hiita lover wrote:
sorry for not being active like I used to. Life gets to me and I did not forgot my favorite forum <3
Np, welcome back, plus it proves that scape is impossible!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

ally of justice catastor wrote:
unaffected by Mirror Force is also a nice bonus
Why exactly would you attack with a 300 ATK monster?

Now, as for what I think of the card itself... as someone who's played pure Traptrix since JOTL, I would add this to my Extra, but I can't see it as the best card for them to use. Being a Rank 4, the most obvious play for this card is Dionaea into Myrmeleo, but the reason why that play's so strong is because it's an aggressive one; it destroys your opponent's backrow and allows you to launch an attack while their defenses are down. This card just seems to stall and put you on the defensive, so the advantage you just stole from your opponent you're merely giving back to them. And the card isn't even protected by its own effect, so your opponent can just Raigeki next turn and be done with you regardless if you get another monster by then or not. It's a Plant-Type, so it doesn't combo with Verdant Sanctuary either. Even its Deck activation effect, while consistent enough, is very predictable compared to simply controlling an Atrax; with this card, your opponent is always expecting Bottomless or Trap Hole Nightmare and will try to play around it accordingly, but with Atrax it's harder because your opponent may not know if you have the trap in your hand or not. Not only that, this card makes your Trap Holes negateable by Veilers and Fiendish Chains Razz

I sincerely think the main deck that will benefit from this card WOULD be HAT/HATE decks, because they can swarm the field much faster and use the Hands as Xyz Material instead of having to rely on only Traptrix monsters. With a Dionaea on the field alongside this, your advantage becomes that much more. In this case, however, I wish they would have limited the materials to 2 Level 4 Insect- or Plant-Type monsters and made the card itself more aggressive. But that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Traptrix Rafflesia (A new staple rank 4 xyz monster)   Traptrix Rafflesia (A new staple rank 4 xyz monster) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Traptrix Rafflesia (A new staple rank 4 xyz monster)
Page 1 of 1