Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmer Forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers. Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg because we're migrating!

My Charmer Decks

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Binding Dharc
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Binding Dharc

Charmer Power : 2116
Favorite Charmer : Dharc
Badges :
My Charmer Decks 586968 My Charmer Decks 346267

Character sheet
Name: Hiita the Fire Charmer
HP:
My Charmer Decks Left_bar_bleue350/350My Charmer Decks Empty_bar_bleue  (350/350)
MP:
My Charmer Decks Left_bar_bleue400/400My Charmer Decks Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)

My Charmer Decks Empty
PostSubject: My Charmer Decks   My Charmer Decks I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 7:35 pm

I have 6 decks, one for each Charmer, specializing in that Charmer's element. Out of them, Hiita's deck is one of my favorites. As one would expect from the element of fire, this is a 'Burn Deck', made to try and use mainly monster effects, spells and traps to bring the opponent's life points down to zero rather than attacking head one.

Card List: (There is only one of each)

Main:

Hiita the Fire Charmer
Familiar Possessed - Hiita
Blazing Hiita
Spiritual Fire Art - Kurenai
Fire Fox

Important:

Inferno Tempest
Return From the Different Dimension
Jiken Bakudan
Barrier Statue of the Inferno

Monsters:

Mr. Volcano
Dokuroyaiba
Wind-Up Magician
Flamvell Dragnov
Twin-Headed Fire Dragon
The Thing in the Crater
Flame Champion
Evocator Chevalier
Ultimate Baseball Kid
Solar Flare Dragon
Masked Dragon
Volcanic Blaster
Infernal Incinerator
Ryu-Ran
Molten Behemoth
Flame Manipulator
Darkfire Soldier # 1
Tyhone #2
Flame Cerebrus
Achacha Archer
Legendary Flame Lord

Spells:

Dian Keto the Cure Master
Sebek's Blessing
Buster Rancher
Ookazi
Lightning Blade
Riryoku
Black Pendant
Misfortune
Monster Reborn
Advanced Ritual Art
Thunder Short
Salamandra
Malevolent Nuzzler
Sword of the Soul-Eater

Traps:

Cemetary Bomb
Deal of Phantom
Just Desserts
Enchanted Javelin
Rope of Life
Gift of the Mystical Elf
Secret Barrel
Minor Goblin Official
Nature's Reflection

There are a few big strategies to be used with this deck that include the three 'Important' cards at the top. The first strategy includes the use of Jiken Bakudan. This strategy is best when I can get some of my stronger monsters out onto the field and keep my opponent from attacking them. 'The more the merrier' I would like to have four monsters on the field along with Jiken Bakudan face-down. At this point I would flip Jiken Bakudan face up to activate its effect: "FLIP: After this card is flipped, offer it as a Tribute during your Standby Phase to destroy all monsters on your side of the field and inflict Direct Damage equal to half of the total ATK of the destroyed cards (excluding this monster) to your opponent's Life Points." And depending on the monsters on my field, this one move could deal over 4000 points of damage to my opponent.

The Second strategy involves the use of both Inferno Tempest and Return From the Different Dimension. My capability of using this stategy depends almost entirely however on my opponent. I would need them to make an attack that deals 3000+ damage to me but does not kill me in order to activate Inferno Tempest: "When you take 3000 or more Battle Damage from 1 attack, you can activate this card. Remove all monsters in each player's Deck and Graveyard from play." Once this is done, it leaves both me and my opponent with only the monsters in our hands and field. But with this, it allows me to make the best use of Return From the Different Dimension: "Pay half your Life Points. Special Summon as many of your monsters as possible that have been removed from play on you side of the field. During the End Phase, remove from play all monsters that were Special Summoned by this effect." And though this creates only a one turn window form me, with free choice of any five of my strongest monsters due to Inferno Tempest, it would usually prove a very good turn.

Barrier Statue of the Inferno is an important card because it keeps any non Fire attributed monsters from being special summoned.

And even aside from these two strategies, with how many of my monsters in this deck can be summoned without need of tribute and have effects that can mostly be used immediately and/or continuously, it is a very effective deck.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Eria's Deck is a Stall Deck (What I refer to as a 'Flush Out' Deck) Tailored with cards made to keep my opponent from doing anything while I go through my deck waiting for the perfect strategy to fall straight into my hands /OR/ even allow myself to wait around long enough for my opponent to simply deck him/herself (As this deck is filled with the maximum 60 cards).

Card List:

Main:

Eria the Water Charmer
Familiar Possessed - Eria
Raging Eria
Spiritual Water Art - Aoi
Gagagigo

Important:

Barrier Statue of the Torrent
Neo Aqua Madoor

Monsters:
Silent Abyss
Wind-Up Snail
Frostosaurus
Shark Cruiser
Nightmare Penguin
Island Turtle
Blizzard Dragon
Penguin Soldier
Sea Lancer
Gogiga Gagagigo
Spined Gillman
Blizzard Princess
Mermaid Knight
Sacred Spirit of the Ice Barrier
Spiral Serpent
Bitelon
Catapult Turtle
Oppressed People
Secret Guards of the Ice Barrier
Gishki Shadow
Gishki Diviner
Gishki Beast
Gishki Ariel
Gishki Noellia
Gishki Marker
Gishki Zielgigas
Gishki Psychelone
Evigishki Levianima

Spells:

Card Destruction
Lightning Vortex
De-Spell
Moray of Greed
Tribute to the Doomed
A Legendary Ocean
Heavy Storm
Ribbon of Rebirth
Dark Hole
Big Wave Small Wave
Fissure
Gishki Aquamirror

Traps:

Spell Shield Type-8
Magical Arm Shield
Trap Hole
Straight Flush
Compulsory Evacuation Device
Waboku
Non-Fusion Area
Dust Tornado
Non Agression Area
Tornado Wall
Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell
Raigeki Break
Aquamirror Cycle

Extra Deck:

Gagagigo the Risen

The main strategy, as already stated, is to keep my opponent at bay until I get the best cards I can. Neo Aqua Madoor is a very important monster because it is the strongest defensive monster in the deck, with 3000 Defense Points. With this card out, there is a good chance that many of my opponents monsters will be unable to destroy it just like that. In addition, Barrier Statue of the Torrent is important since this is a water element deck, and this monster's effect states that only Water attributed monster can be special summoned while it is face-up on the field. The brute power of this deck is not great, but with the right cards, it can stop the opponent from gaining an upper hand.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wynn's deck is a more direct deck, made up mostly of monsters, most of which have an effect specific to assisting Wind monsters. This would be a 'Direct Combat' deck, quite opposite of Hiita's 'Burn Deck'

Card List:

Main:

Wynn the Wind Charmer
Familiar Possessed - Wynn
Storming Wynn
Spiritual Wind Art - Miyabi

Important:
Barrier Statue of the Stormwinds
Destruction Cyclone

Monsters:
Sasuke Samurai
Decoyroid
Queen Bird
Bladefly
Whirlwind Weasel
Flying Kamakiri #1
Luster Dragon
Oxygedon
Nin-Ken Dog
Harpie's Brother
Princess of Tsurugi
Lady Ninja Yae
Sonic Duck
Armed Dragon LV5
Swift Birdman Joe
Flyfang
Roc from the Valley of Haze
Harpie Lady 3
Chaosrider Gustaph
Birdface
Simorgh, Bird of Divinity
Gusto Squirro
Gusto Thunbolt
Gusto Griffin
Gusto Condor
Winda, Priestess of Gusto
Musto, Oracle of Gusto

Spells:

Twister
Mountain
D.D. Bourderline

Traps:

Blessings for Gusto
Dust Storm of Gusto
Asleep at the Switch
Really Eternal Rest
Icarus Attack
Dust Tornado
Reverse Trap
Aegis of Gaia
Seven Tools of the Bandit
Chain Detonation

Extra Deck:

Daigusto Guilldos
Daigusto Falcos

The main strategy of this deck, as a 'Direct Combat' deck, is to get the strongest of my monsters out to the field and attack my opponent to zero Life Points. The Barrier Statue is important for it's ability of keeping any non-Wind monsters from being special summoned, and Destruction Cyclone is important for its ability that, if destroyed by battle, all face down and non-Wind monsters are destroyed.

Aussa's Deck is a more 'Well-Rounded' deck than the rest. It has cards good for attacking, defending, and using effects. Basically, there's no going wrong with this so long as I don't end up with all of my high level monsters in one hand.

Main:

Aussa the Earth Charmer
Familiar-Possessed - Aussa
Avalanching Aussa
Spiritual Earth Art - Kurogane

Important:

Goblin Attack Force
Goblin Elite Attack Force
Indomitable Fighter Lei Lei
Chainsaw Insect
Ultimate Tyranno
Ancient Gear Golem
Solemn Wishes

Monsters:

Saber Beetle
Red Gadget
Green Gadget
Yellow Gadget
Black Stego
Nobleman Eater Bug
Raging Earth
Battle Ox
Anteatereatingant
Balloon Lizard
Skull Dog Marron
Judge Man
Rocket Jumper
Hade-Hane
Giant Soldier of Stone
Dark Dust Spirit
Mystic Horsemen
Steel Ogre Grotto #2
Warrior of Zera
Botanical Lion
Javelin Beetle

Spells:

Vengeful Servant
Magical Mallet
Fissure
Heavy Storm
Sogen
Shield Crush
Ekibyo Darkmord
Malevolent Nuzzler
Ring of Defense
Mystical Space Typhoon
Javelin Beetle Pact

Traps:

Enchanted Javelin
Seven Tools of the Bandit
Light of Intervention
Soul Demolition
Trap Hole
Limit Impulse
Staunch Defender
Ritual Buster
Simultaneous Loss
Just Desserts
Self-Destruct Button
Stronghold the Moving Fortress

Aussa's deck is meant to be one where most any hand I have, there will be something of use. Goblin Attack Force, Goblin Elite Attack Force, Indomitable Fighter Lei Lei, and Chainsaw Insect are Important cards because they are all very powerful 4 star monsters. These four monsters can be thought of as this deck's front line, and if used correctly, could be used to put myself in an early lead. Ultimate Tyranno and Ancient Gear Golem are Important because they are the most powerful monsters in Aussa's deck. And lastly Solemn Wishes is Important to help me gain Life Points every draw and keep me ahead.

Lyna's Deck, in reality, is better suited to be part of a team duel than on its own. It has many cards that can be used at most any time, but in terms of power, many of its monsters are lacking. Because of that, it is a better plan to have this deck be the defender in a team battle while waiting for the chance to pull out its important cards.

Main:

Lyna the Light Charmer
Spiritual Light Art - Hijiri
Milla the Temporal Magician

Important:

Andro Sphinx
Sphinx Teleia
Theinen the Great Sphinx
Radiant Spirit
Marshmallon
Marshmallon Glasses

Monsters:

V-Tiger Jet
Y-Dragon Head
Z-Metal Tank
Energy Bravery
Hoshiningen
Sage of Stillness
Ceremonial Bell
Maha Vailo
Mei-Kou, Master of Barriers
Dark Witch
Royal Knight
Flying Saucer Muusik'i
Skelengel
Rogue Doll
Gyakutenno Megami
Alexandrite Dragon
Bountiful Artemis
The Forgiving Maiden
Homunculus the Alchemic Being

Spells:

Reload
Creature Swap
Ring of Defense
Advance Force
Dian Keto the Cure Master
The Reliable Guardian
Burning Land
Nobleman of Crossout
Rod of Silence - Kay'est
Chorus of Sanctuary
Magical Mallet
Fairy of the Spring
Crashbug Road

Traps:

Secrets of the Gallant
Inverse Universe
Beckoning Light

As a deck made well for team dueling, Lyna's deck has a number of cards that can assist my team or block the opposing team. The main strategy of this deck would be to hold out with my team until I draw the Sphinx cards and can summon them. They are the strongest attack force of Lyna's Deck, and if they could get out on the field, I would have a good strong offensive line, and if I can get the Great Sphinx out, with it's special ability to raise its attack to 6500, there is a strong chance of victory.

Dharc's deck, like Aussa's, cannot be said to have a specialty in any specific attribute of dueling. Because of this, the best way to fight with this deck is by attempting to get its more powerful monsters to the field as quickly as possible.

Main:

Dharc the Dark Charmer
Familiar-Possessed - Dharc
Dark Spiritual Art - Greed

Important:

Destiny Hero - Dogma
Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
Barrier Stature of the Abyss
Umbral Soul
Swarm of Scarabs
Stealth Bird

Monsters:

Destiny Hero - Doom Lord
Destiny Hero - Captain Tenacious
Destiny Hero - Blade Master
Destiny Hero - Diamond Dude
Destiny Hero - Defender
Destiny Hero - Fear Monger
Destiny Hero - Dasher
Necro Gardna
Gemini Imps
Crashbug X
Summoned Skull
Magic Hole Golem
Ryu Kokki
Double Coston
Maju Garzett
Big Eye
Vampire Lady
Despair from the Dark
Swordstalker
Illusionist Faceless Mage
Perditious Puppeteer
Kiryu
Zera the Mant

Spells:

Misfortune
Dark Hole
Dark Room of Nightmare
D - Spirit
Call of the Mummy
Card Destruction
Dark Energy
Dark World Lightning
Book of Life
Advanced Ritual Art
Zera Ritual

Traps:

Hidden Soldiers
Call of the Haunted
Reckless Greed
The Transmigration Prophecy
Dark Coffin
D - Chain
D-Shield
Destiny Mirage
Destiny Signal

Umbral Soul and the Barrier Statue are important for their effects assisting my DARK element, and Gorz and Dogma are important for both their effects and their attack power. And the final two are important because Swarm of Scarabs has the flip effect of destroying one monster my opponent controls, and Stealth Bird has the flip effect of dealing 1000 points of damage to my opponent, and that both cards have the added effect that they can be flipped into face down defense position during my Main Phase, meaning it is possible to use these effects over and over again.

And there you have it, that is each of my Elemental Charmer Decks; all 6 of them. And now I have a question for all of you:

Which one of these decks do you like the best and why?

Last edited by Binding Dharc on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:02 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
Hippocampus

Charmer Power : 582
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :
My Charmer Decks 1658415264 My Charmer Decks 3087721399My Charmer Decks 1380831044

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
My Charmer Decks Left_bar_bleue500/500My Charmer Decks Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
My Charmer Decks Left_bar_bleue200/200My Charmer Decks Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

My Charmer Decks Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Charmer Decks   My Charmer Decks I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 12:45 pm

Interesting decks so far. How come you run only one of each card? Wouldn't that make them inconsistent?

Also, I'd recommend running UFO Turtle in Hiita's deck and Mother Grizzly in Eria's, and as many as you can at that. They would help get out the monsters you need a lot faster.
Back to top Go down
Binding Dharc
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Binding Dharc

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
My Charmer Decks Left_bar_bleue350/350My Charmer Decks Empty_bar_bleue  (350/350)
MP:
My Charmer Decks Left_bar_bleue400/400My Charmer Decks Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)

My Charmer Decks Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Charmer Decks   My Charmer Decks I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 5:04 pm

There's no real reason I only run one of each card, that's just the way I decided to make my decks.
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :
My Charmer Decks 1658415264 My Charmer Decks 3087721399My Charmer Decks 1380831044

Character sheet
HP:
My Charmer Decks Left_bar_bleue500/500My Charmer Decks Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
My Charmer Decks Left_bar_bleue200/200My Charmer Decks Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

My Charmer Decks Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Charmer Decks   My Charmer Decks I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 2:20 pm

Hello Binding Dharc. Based on this post, you seem to have a passion for deckbuilding, and I really respect that, being a deck builder myself. So I'm going to give you my honest opinions about these decks, and answer your question at the same time.

I think that Dharc's deck is the best here, followed close behind by Aussa's deck. The monsters that you chose for these decks are far more solid than the others. Dharc's deck is a bit more unclear in terms of what you want the deck to do exactly, but you have some nice support for your Destiny Hero and Zombie monsters, which is good. There are some cards that aren't in here but definitely should be to aid with your consistency, like Destiny Draw, Reinforcement of the Army, Pyramid Turtle, etc., but I am taking into account the fact that you made these decks in real life and might not have access to these cards. Also, I believe Advanced Ritual Art is useless in here, since Zera the Mant, your only ritual monster, is Level 8 and all your normal monsters are Level 6, but that's just something I noticed.
Aussa's deck has neither support nor consistency for your monsters, but it honestly can do without it since so many of them work fine stand-alone. You also have very strong spell cards in here, and while your traps aren't bad, there are some random ones like Solemn Wishes and Self-Destruct Button that don't really fit. Just my opinion, though. I believe, in your description you said, "any hand I have, there will be something of use." and I think you have done well to achieve that.

The remaining decks are very interesting, but honestly I don't think they would be very effective in today's game. I really like Hiita's deck concept, and you have some good cards in it, but you also have some things I would swap out. There are way too many normal monsters for this to be an effective burn deck, and while you like Inferno Tempest, it's really dependent on your opponent, as you mentioned, and I can see it being a dead card in many duels.
Eria's deck has some very good cards in it as well, but the fact that it has 60 cards with only one copy of each card makes it really difficult to draw the cards you need. I'm not too familiar with the Gishki monsters, since I've never played them, but maybe you could include more support for them?
Wynn's deck has some consistency with the Gusto monsters and a few very nice traps too, but it has only 3 spell cards, which is a big mistake. I know the reason you've done this is because of D.D. Borderline, but honestly because you only run one, and your deck doesn't revolve around it either, it's basically a tech, which is not what this card was meant for. But the deck really is hurt by a lack of spells, so I would consider adding in at least some staples like Monster Reborn, Dark Hole, Heavy Storm, etc. Just my opinion though.

Lyna's deck, unfortunately, is my least favorite. I hate to say this, but it seems like you just threw a bunch of Light monsters together and called it a deck. The Sphinxes in particular are not supported at all here. In order to play with the Sphinxes, you need a deck that revolves around them, and as it is they will just clog up your hand and deck. You don't even run Pyramid of Light, so there is virtually no way to summon Theinen the Great Sphinx. Also, you run Y-Dragon Head and Z-Metal Tank, but no X-Head Cannon and no XYZ fusion monsters, though I understand the latter since those cards are somewhat hard to find nowadays. I'm sorry for being so critical here, but I'm only saying this in order to help you. Lyna's deck could have so much more potential, since there are a lot of powerful Light monsters in today's game and, aside from Marshmallon, none of them are in here.

Overall, though, I appreciate the fact that you've built all these decks, as it shows you're creative and serious not only about dueling, but also about the Charmers! Sorry if I came off too professor-y in this response by the way, but sometimes it just happens lol
Back to top Go down
Binding Dharc
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Binding Dharc

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

My Charmer Decks Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Charmer Decks   My Charmer Decks I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 4:55 pm

No need to apologize for being critical, I welcome constructive criticism completely. The main issue with all the problems you mentioned though is simply that I do not yet possess the cards you mentioned, and I definitely need to start looking for them. Even as I was going through the decks and listing them off, I noticed some of the things you mentioned that I didn't realize when I originally built the decks and intend to change as soon as possible then update: for instance Wynn's deck only having 3 spell cards.

So yeah I am going to go through and address some of these problems over the next few days and then update the lists. But I want to thank you for the constructive criticism, especially with Lyna's deck. I had used it for like the first time just recently in a 4v4 war duel at A-Kon, which is why I said it was better for team dueling, because the opposing team was watching my deck after a few turns from pulling Milla and Lyna in my first hand, which proved very helpful; but when I listed the cards, noticed that it wouldn't have done as well on its own.

Again thanks for your input, and once I update, I'd appreciate it if you could list anything else you notice or name any cards you think would go good in the deck that I can look for.
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

My Charmer Decks Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Charmer Decks   My Charmer Decks I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:36 pm

Binding Dharc wrote:
No need to apologize for being critical, I welcome constructive criticism completely. The main issue with all the problems you mentioned though is simply that I do not yet possess the cards you mentioned, and I definitely need to start looking for them. Even as I was going through the decks and listing them off, I noticed some of the things you mentioned that I didn't realize when I originally built the decks and intend to change as soon as possible then update: for instance Wynn's deck only having 3 spell cards.
Yeah, I figured this was the case. That's the main problem I have with deck building in real life; online you can have all the cards you want, but in real life, they cost money. The difference between poor man's Yu-Gi-Oh and rich Yu-Gi-Oh Razz Do you have a lot of spare cards, or are these decks all you own?

Binding Dharc wrote:
So yeah I am going to go through and address some of these problems over the next few days and then update the lists. But I want to thank you for the constructive criticism, especially with Lyna's deck. I had used it for like the first time just recently in a 4v4 war duel at A-Kon, which is why I said it was better for team dueling, because the opposing team was watching my deck after a few turns from pulling Milla and Lyna in my first hand, which proved very helpful; but when I listed the cards, noticed that it wouldn't have done as well on its own.
Ah, tag team duels... they can be fun, but also incredibly silly. There are so many cards that become broken beyond belief... like Mirror Force... Razz 4v4 sounds downright ridiculous!

Binding Dharc wrote:
Again thanks for your input, and once I update, I'd appreciate it if you could list anything else you notice or name any cards you think would go good in the deck that I can look for.
Don't mention it, I'd be glad to help you in any way I can!

As I may have said before, you'd probably want to look for cards that specifically support your deck's strategy. Because your decks are mostly based around an element, look for cards that benefit that element, like searchers, attack boosters, etc., and if there's a certain playstyle or archetype you like, try to incorporate those into the deck while making sure that other cards you want to be in the deck can still fit. On the flip side, you should also look for staples. Just about every good deck I know runs Monster Reborn, for instance. It's a game-changing card that can be used in any deck because it has no cost and no limitations. I'm sure you're aware of other cards that fit this description, and if you put at least some of these in your deck, it will be a lot stronger. Try not to add any card to any deck unless you know that it will help you.

Another thing you can do is look at other people's decks and see if any cards they use can work for you. You don't have to netdeck, per se (as this is generally frowned upon anyway), but it may bring to your attention something you hadn't thought of before. For instance, when I was first browsing through this forum, I noticed that a lot of people put Debris Dragon in their Charmer decks. Don't know why I didn't think of this before, but it's actually an excellent card to use with the Charmers, especially in Wynn's deck. I know the card is a bit rare now, but that might be something else you could look for.

Also, if you'd like, you could duel me using one of your decks. I have a Dueling Network account (though I haven't used it in a while since I've been more focused on my ccg) and have some 50 or so decks uploaded there, so you're welcome to challenge any one of them Very Happy

Is there a specific deck of yours you'd like me to give feedback/ideas on?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Charmer Decks Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Charmer Decks   My Charmer Decks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Charmer Decks
Page 1 of 1