Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmer Forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers. Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg because we're migrating!

Gimmick Puppets coming to our game?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MaxxiasCXY96
New Charmer
New Charmer
MaxxiasCXY96

Charmer Power : 1114
Favorite Charmer : Wynn

Character sheet
Name: Maxxy
HP:
Gimmick Puppets coming to our game? Left_bar_bleue245/245Gimmick Puppets coming to our game? Empty_bar_bleue  (245/245)
MP:
Gimmick Puppets coming to our game? Left_bar_bleue175/175Gimmick Puppets coming to our game? Empty_bar_bleue  (175/175)

Gimmick Puppets coming to our game? Empty
PostSubject: Gimmick Puppets coming to our game?   Gimmick Puppets coming to our game? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 2:57 pm

So Far 3 XYZ Gimmick Puppets have been made: Number 40: Gimmick Puppet of Strings, Number 15: Gimmick Puppet Giant Killer, and Number 88: Gimmick Puppet Destiny Leo.

Giant Killer requires 2 level 8, It's effect is: Up to twice per turn, during your Main Phase 1: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 Special Summoned monster your opponent controls; destroy that target, and if that target was an Xyz Monster, inflict damage to your opponent equal to its original ATK.
I can see this being good if your opponent has XYZ's on the field, but it can be any special summoned monster, which is really cool.

Puppet of Strings requires 2 level 8, its effect is: Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; place 1 String Counter on each face-up monster on the field, except this card. If you do, during your opponent's next End Phase: Destroy the monsters with String Counters, and if you do, inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each monster destroyed.
The effect may be slow, but since i looked at the rulings once the string counters are on the monsters they will resolve even if (Puppet of Strings) is not on the field. So thats pretty cool. Plus it's attack is pretty high.

Destiny Leo requires 3 level 8, its effect is: Once per turn, if you control no cards in your Spell & Trap Card Zone: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, and if you do, place 1 Destiny Counter on this card. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect. When this card has 3 Destiny Counters on it, its controller wins the Duel.
It's very slow and it can be open to attacks, but i can only see this be used and win is against an Exodia Deck and Final Countdown deck (thats about it), because they have nothing to kill your monsters they only stall. So with nothing they can kill you with (except for exodia and final countdown), You should have no problem winning in 3 turns once you played Destiny Leo.

Plus 3 support for the Gimmick Puppet's have been made and they are: Gimmick Puppet - Magne Doll, Gimmick Puppet Dreary Doll, and Junk Puppet.

Magne Doll, level 8, dark, 1000/1000 machine/effect: If your opponent controls a monster and you control only "Gimmick Puppet" monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand).

Dreary Doll, level 8, dark, 0/0, machine/effect: If this card is in your Graveyard: You can banish 1 other "Gimmick Puppet" monster from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. You can only use this effect of "Gimmick Puppet Dreary Doll" once per turn. This card cannot be used as an Xyz Material, except for the Xyz Summon of a "Gimmick Puppet" monster.

Junk Puppet, normal spell: Target 1 "Gimmick Puppet" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target. You can only activate 1 "Junk Puppet" per turn.

I Like their effects, it has potential, but I see it used as a fun deck. But If it was to be competitive I can see a lot of Rank 8 xyz being used. I like the archetype because: The art looks nice, and they support/revolve around each other. More cards might get there own release, which'll be cool. So I'm looking forward to this archetype.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/aznplayaboi?feature=mhee
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier
Kirikaze Fuuma

Charmer Power : 5700
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :
Gimmick Puppets coming to our game? GearfriedGimmick Puppets coming to our game? S-hai01

Character sheet
Name: Wynn
HP:
Gimmick Puppets coming to our game? Left_bar_bleue280/280Gimmick Puppets coming to our game? Empty_bar_bleue  (280/280)
MP:
Gimmick Puppets coming to our game? Left_bar_bleue170/170Gimmick Puppets coming to our game? Empty_bar_bleue  (170/170)

Gimmick Puppets coming to our game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gimmick Puppets coming to our game?   Gimmick Puppets coming to our game? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 5:55 am

Quote :
Giant Killer requires 2 level 8, It's effect is: Up to twice per turn, during your Main Phase 1: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 Special Summoned monster your opponent controls; destroy that target, and if that target was an Xyz Monster, inflict damage to your opponent equal to its original ATK.
I can see this being good if your opponent has XYZ's on the field, but it can be any special summoned monster, which is really cool.

His ATK is too low. This is just for defensive.

Quote :
Puppet of Strings requires 2 level 8, its effect is: Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; place 1 String Counter on each face-up monster on the field, except this card. If you do, during your opponent's next End Phase: Destroy the monsters with String Counters, and if you do, inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each monster destroyed.
The effect may be slow, but since i looked at the rulings once the string counters are on the monsters they will resolve even if (Puppet of Strings) is not on the field. So thats pretty cool. Plus it's attack is pretty high.

Probably the best of the three. 3000 ATK with semi decent effect. As for Destiny Leo, most of the time he would be disrupted easily. I won't use him. But if you want to summon him during the duel, take your own risk.

As for Gimmick Puppet... I have no other comment. Some people I know, could change their mid-level deck to competitive level, most likely from their love and effort to upgrade the deck which is suitable for their play. If you love this deck and want to use it, go ahead. Who knows something impressive could born from this deck, even though I haven't seen it right now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gransveld

Gimmick Puppets coming to our game?
Page 1 of 1