Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmer Forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers. Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg because we're migrating!

Soul of Fantasy Land

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lea
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer
Lea

Charmer Power : 1086

Character sheet
Name: Rin Seyuu
HP:
Soul of Fantasy Land Left_bar_bleue300/300Soul of Fantasy Land Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)
MP:
Soul of Fantasy Land Left_bar_bleue150/150Soul of Fantasy Land Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

Soul of Fantasy Land Empty
PostSubject: Soul of Fantasy Land   Soul of Fantasy Land I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 1:29 pm

https://i.imgur.com/01OUlSX.png

My deck. My main deck.
Back to top Go down
ally of justice catastor
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ally of justice catastor

Charmer Power : 1485
Favorite Charmer : Hiita
Badges :
Soul of Fantasy Land 1522432259

Character sheet
Name: ally of justice decisive armor
HP:
Soul of Fantasy Land Left_bar_bleue300/300Soul of Fantasy Land Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)
MP:
Soul of Fantasy Land Left_bar_bleue150/150Soul of Fantasy Land Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Soul of Fantasy Land   Soul of Fantasy Land I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 9:33 pm

First thing first, no Valhalla?
The fact that your deck are Fairy-heavy deck means the high usage of Valhalla, especially since your deck are heavy on S.Summon ability, and the fact that you have 3 Call of the Haunted kinda tell you to use Foolish Burial

Also, Agent without a freaking Sanctuary in the Sky? That kinda sounds strange, and not in a good one

and no Card from the Sky are kinda one kind of pain, the fact that your deck got no draw engine there

And please, Venus without mystical Pokeball(or whatever its name is) are quite stupid, and I mean it

Also, Joan and Lyna have no usage at your deck at all
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

Charmer Power : 2295
Favorite Charmer : Wynn

PostSubject: Re: Soul of Fantasy Land   Soul of Fantasy Land I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 1:37 am

triple mst and night beam is overkill
Back to top Go down
Lea
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer
Lea

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Soul of Fantasy Land   Soul of Fantasy Land I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 2:39 am

Valhalla is in the side deck, also Joan and Lyna do help me win some duels.
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

PostSubject: Re: Soul of Fantasy Land   Soul of Fantasy Land I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 3:58 am

valhalla should be mained, lyna should be sided

one is always live, the other isnt

also if we're on the subject of drawing

-3 Joan

+2-3 another lv8 Fairy mons of your choice (leaning to say Kristya, but its your choice)
+3 Trade-in

because Cards from the Sky is all sorts of awful imo
Back to top Go down
Lea
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer
Lea

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Soul of Fantasy Land   Soul of Fantasy Land I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 4:33 am

I will keep Joan, because she helps beat higher attack monster if Hyperion isn't around.
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
Hippocampus

Charmer Power : 582
Badges :
Soul of Fantasy Land 1658415264 Soul of Fantasy Land 3087721399Soul of Fantasy Land 1380831044

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
Soul of Fantasy Land Left_bar_bleue500/500Soul of Fantasy Land Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
Soul of Fantasy Land Left_bar_bleue200/200Soul of Fantasy Land Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Soul of Fantasy Land   Soul of Fantasy Land I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 9:56 am

Even if Joan is useful, she probably shouldn't be at 3. That's just way too many tributes in a deck where she can't be brought out consistently save for Valhalla. And as for Lyna... I'd personally like -1 Lyna +1 Milla, since Milla is more useful on her own, plus she helps with Rank 4s.

Also, I agree with the above suggestions; 3 Venus without any Shine Balls is kinda useless, and the Night Beams should be switched for that Lance and Dress in your side. And 2 Call of the Haunted should be enough.

Also while I'm looking at the Extra, drop 1 Utopia and that Heraldic Beast guy for a Zenmaines and a Leviair, since Venus and Lyna can overlay into something nice if you want. I know you only want to run Light monsters but sometimes that hinders you more than it helps.

It does look better than your last deck, though. Nice job.
Back to top Go down
Lea
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer
Lea

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Soul of Fantasy Land   Soul of Fantasy Land I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 10:48 am

Well, I run 3 of each because someone sometimes might set more than 3 traps.
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

PostSubject: Re: Soul of Fantasy Land   Soul of Fantasy Land I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 1:06 pm

if you need 6 spell/trap destroyers to potentially win you're doing something wrong
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :
Soul of Fantasy Land 1658415264 Soul of Fantasy Land 3087721399Soul of Fantasy Land 1380831044

Character sheet
HP:
Soul of Fantasy Land Left_bar_bleue500/500Soul of Fantasy Land Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
Soul of Fantasy Land Left_bar_bleue200/200Soul of Fantasy Land Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Soul of Fantasy Land   Soul of Fantasy Land I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 5:12 pm

Lea wrote:
Well, I run 3 of each because someone sometimes might set more than 3 traps.

ΛΔ wrote:
if you need 6 spell/trap destroyers to potentially win you're doing something wrong
Well it's not only that. Look at the other cards in your deck, and you'll see why you don't need them. Hyperion can destroy the same things Night Beam can, and more. One of your Fantasia monsters can't be targeted by card effects, which includes Bottomless, D-Prison, Lance, and Book of Moon, meaning you don't have to worry about your opponent using them. Similarly, cards like Armades prevents your opponent from using stuff like Mirror Force, Stardust Spark prevents cards targeting stuff like D-Prison, etc., and cards like Exciton Knight can potentially destroy multiple traps at once, so you don't even need to worry about using MSTs when you're summoning him. Not to mention Lance and Dress are basically more versatile and chainable cards than Night Beam and they accomplish the exact same thing in most cases.

The 3 Night Beams are seriously taking up way too much space which should be filled with more useful, powerful, or creative techs. I know it's your decision in the end but we're just trying to help here.
Back to top Go down
ally of justice catastor
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ally of justice catastor

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Soul of Fantasy Land   Soul of Fantasy Land I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 6:11 pm

I know sometimes we love to use our favorite monster, but the fact of no Valhalla in deck mostly filled with Tribute will make you sitting duck most of the time

In that case, why not change 1 Call of the Haunted into Pinpoint Guard for stall, you could use it on Aria/Sonata, which could guard for battle damage this turn and make Mozart unaffectable by spell/trap or plain untargetable

Joan should be at 1, and Hyperion at 2, add Shine Ball for the rest

And yes, 3 Night Beam and 3 MST are quite strange, how about 3 more Dust Tornado(this is sarcasm, note it)
Change some for Card from the Sky for a draw power, either that or like what Hippo says, Dress/Lance work just great. Even Forbidden Cup sounds like a good card to be used

And with that much high-level card, and you mainly use Call of the Haunted, why not Lavalval Chain?

Also, if you start using Shine Ball like we suggest you, Daigusto Emeral will be a nice recycler

And oh! Don't forget AOJ Catastor since with Shine Ball, AOJ Catastor is quite easy to be summoned up, thanks a lot Venus
Back to top Go down
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer
Eria

Charmer Power : 6524
Favorite Charmer : Eria
Badges :
Soul of Fantasy Land 28X2ifc

Character sheet
Name: Eria
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Soul of Fantasy Land   Soul of Fantasy Land I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 2:10 am

Hippocampus wrote:

One of your Fantasia monsters can't be targeted by card effects, which includes Bottomless, D-Prison, Lance, and Book of Moon, meaning you don't have to worry about your opponent using them.
Correction, Bottomless doesn't target.

Also, OP probably might want to state, building the deck for aesthetics using favorite cards, or what. Because when a deck posted, people would try to help fixing what's needed and what's uneeded to make your deck more competitive, and it might sacrifice your favorite cards to be replaced for something better.
Back to top Go down
http://charmer-yugioh.vampire-legend.com
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

PostSubject: Re: Soul of Fantasy Land   Soul of Fantasy Land I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 3:09 am

oh, boss fantasia guy is a lv8 as well

yeah, you have no excuse to not be running max trade-in
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Soul of Fantasy Land   Soul of Fantasy Land I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 8:59 am

Eria wrote:
Really? I didn't know that O.o

Eria wrote:
Also, OP probably might want to state, building the deck for aesthetics using favorite cards, or what. Because when a deck posted, people would try to help fixing what's needed and what's uneeded to make your deck more competitive, and it might sacrifice your favorite cards to be replaced for something better.
This is an excellent point too, Eria. But even in a deck revolving around one specific card, there can be variants that work well, and variants that could use improvement. Even if OP ran all 3 Lyna and Joan, there are still edits that can be made for more consistent plays. Correct me if I'm wrong, Lea, but I doubt your favorite cards are Night Beam and Call of the Haunted XD

The thing about this deck is that while Joan can technically be supported by teching Valhalla/Sanctuary/Kristya/other random Light Fairy support, Lyna isn't really doing anything other than "being favorite monster". Which is why all of our critiquing flags are going off right now. I hate to bring another example into this, but I had a similar experience when I ran Beast of Talwar in my frognarch deck. I could summon it consistently, but it wasn't being useful as much as any of my other tribute monsters, and was only for aesthetic purpose. After I realized that I didn't need it in there, I took it out. I'm not saying Lyna and Joan should be taken out completely here, but it's clear that they don't need to be run at max number of copies, as catastor, mc, and I have all suggested more effective cards that would help the deck function as well as potentially get more usefulness out of the favorite cards themselves. But like I said, it's up to Lea whether she wants to use our suggestions or not.
Back to top Go down
Lea
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer
Lea

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Soul of Fantasy Land   Soul of Fantasy Land I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 10:55 am

There is something else, I purely play for fun these days, as playing competitively is too bloody for me. It's only a game (something I tried to point out, but no one would listen). Have you all even think it isn't all about winning? Probably not....

That being said, what if you summon a monster you want to keep around and it's dispatched by a trap? Triple MST and NB help preventing that.
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

PostSubject: Re: Soul of Fantasy Land   Soul of Fantasy Land I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 4:48 pm

Hippocampus wrote:
Eria wrote:
Really? I didn't know that O.o

Yeah, if multiple monsters with 1500+ ATK are summoned simultaneously it will destroy and banish them all, so therefore it doesn't target.

It's just far more commonly used as a 1-for-1 destroyer is all.

Lea wrote:
There is something else, I purely play for fun these days, as playing competitively is too bloody for me. It's only a game (something I tried to point out, but no one would listen). Have you all even think it isn't all about winning? Probably not....

I don't think anybody here plays competitively, but there's a pretty big difference between that and playing intelligently.

Put bluntly, stuff like 9 tribute monsters, Venus without Shine Balls, 6 spell/trap destroyers, and ignoring all draw engines available, on top of plenty of other things is just bad Yu-Gi-Oh! no question.

Lea wrote:
That being said, what if you summon a monster you want to keep around and it's dispatched by a trap? Triple MST and NB help preventing that.

Forbidden Lance accomplishes the exact same goal and is more versatile.
Back to top Go down
ally of justice catastor
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ally of justice catastor

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Soul of Fantasy Land   Soul of Fantasy Land I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 8:09 pm

Lea wrote:
here is something else, I purely play for fun these days, as playing competitively is too bloody for me. It's only a game (something I tried to point out, but no one would listen). Have you all even think it isn't all about winning? Probably not....

If its for funz, why did you use staple like Call of the Haunted, MST or Dark Hole? They're pretty much everywhere in META deck! What's so fun of that?

Joking aside, if you kept losing, you will start to think of how not fun the game is and quit(some friend of mine had the same problem)

Like what MC say thought, its a bit stupid to use some card that's plain bad, us people here was just giving hint, if you don't want any of them, you shouldn't post at the first place, since people gave ideas and stuff here, as the deck won't even win Allure Queen deck if it continue
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Soul of Fantasy Land   Soul of Fantasy Land I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 2:39 pm

ally of justice catastor wrote:
Like what MC say thought, its a bit stupid to use some card that's plain bad, us people here was just giving hint, if you don't want any of them, you shouldn't post at the first place, since people gave ideas and stuff here, as the deck won't even win Allure Queen deck if it continue
Now that's a little harsh, mate. We were just saying she needed to try a few different cards; we didn't say the entire deck was terrible or stupid. In fact, Agents are a pretty strong deck as you know, and I'm thinking Fantasia archetype may get more support in the future. Every one of those cards OP uses are good in their own ways, just not at the consistency in the current deck. But even so, there's no reason to bash her deck-making skills for it.

Also telling people not to post is discouraging forum activity, which is a no-no Evil or Very Mad surely you know better catastor, lol
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

PostSubject: Re: Soul of Fantasy Land   Soul of Fantasy Land I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 3:43 pm

No, I'm saying the deck is awful.

It has potential to be a solid deck, but as-is I can't see it winning due to anything other than dumb luck.
Back to top Go down
ally of justice catastor
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ally of justice catastor

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Soul of Fantasy Land   Soul of Fantasy Land I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 11:15 pm

Hippo, one need to be harsh to get the point

Agent are strong, but Lea won't maxinimize the usage of them, like Earth without Sanctuary to grasp Hyperion there means that she need to grasp Venus, which is also plain bad here since there's no Ball. In the deck

Fantasia are good, but without cards to special summon them, its bad
In fact, the only card that special summon something in his deck are Mozart and Haunted
Mozard have some issues of being summoned, while Haunted might work, he didn't use grave-filler cards like Lavalval Chain, Foolish Burial or Trade-Out, it could only summon some other non-usable cards like Lyna, Venus, Earth or the others

3 Night Beam are just bad, things like Forbidden Lance could basically do the same thing, while being better doing so

So yes Hippo, his deck will hardly win, there's hardly any strategy in them, its just "hope the enemy didn't destroy his cards so he could synchro out a stronger monster" or drawn Hyperion, which both are easily destroyed by other Monsters like Catastor and stuff

And I'm only discouraging him from posting something and want no feedback, if he just want praise, then he could do it in other place, this place "help" us to make a better deck, and giving out a better move so at least a fun deck could work

A FUN deck without any strategy will never be FUN, they are just BAD deck

P.S: F is for Friendship
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soul of Fantasy Land   Soul of Fantasy Land I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soul of Fantasy Land
Page 1 of 1