Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmer Forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers. Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg because we're migrating!

Gusto 2014

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

Charmer Power : 2295
Favorite Charmer : Wynn

Gusto 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Gusto 2014   Gusto 2014 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 11:49 am

Not wasting any time here. Hasn't been tested, but is based off 2 previous deck ideas I've made that have worked well, incorporating elements in both that in theory should be able to work here. Will update as need be after it has been tested.

Spoiler:

Main deck x40:

Effect monsters x19:
Caam, Serenity of Gusto x2
Effect Veiler x1
Gusto Egul x2
Gusto Griffin x2
Gusto Gulldo x3
Pirinka, Lineage of Gusto x3
Serene Psychic Witch x2
The Tricky x2
Winda, Priestess of Gusto x2

Spells x15
Book of Moon x1
Contact with Gusto x1
Creature Swap x2
Dark Hole x1
Emergency Teleport x3
Forbidden Lance x2
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
One for One x1
Supply Unit x2

Traps x6
Bottomless Trap Hole x1
Compulsory Evacuation Device x1
Phoenix Wing Wind Blast x2
Solemn Warning x1
Torrential Tribute x1

Extra deck x15:

Synchro monsters x14:
Black Rose Dragon x1
Daigusto Eguls x1
Daigusto Falcos x1
Daigusto Gulldos x1
Daigusto Sphreez x2
Mist Bird Clausolas x1
Mist Wurm x1
Moonlight Rose Dragon x1
Orient Dragon x1
Psychic Nightmare x1
Scrap Dragon x1
Stardust Dragon x1
T.G. Hyper Librarian x1

Xyz monsters x1:
Leviair the Sea Dragon

Side deck x15:
Effect Veiler x1
Thunder King Rai-Oh x1
Maxx "C" x3
Ally of Justice Catastor x1
Armades, Keeper of Boundries x1
Mystical Space Typhoon x1
System Down x1
Fiendish Chain x2
Mirror Force x2
Mistake x2

Last edited by ΛΔ on Thu May 01, 2014 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
Hippocampus

Charmer Power : 582
Badges :
Gusto 2014 1658415264 Gusto 2014 3087721399Gusto 2014 1380831044

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
Gusto 2014 Left_bar_bleue500/500Gusto 2014 Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
Gusto 2014 Left_bar_bleue200/200Gusto 2014 Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

Gusto 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gusto 2014   Gusto 2014 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 3:37 pm

Very cool deck. This looks so fun to play. Any reason you prefer Fiendish Chains over Breakthrough Skills?

While I love Chidori, I don't really see it all that useable in here, since the only ways to make it are by Caam and Cockadoodledoo, the latter of which is very reliant on the condition of the field (and if you're playing Pirika right, I'd suspect that you rarely control no cards). I would probably drop it for that other Rank 5 you were thinking of. Also -1 Orient Dragon and +1 Vulcan, since Orient Dragon is useless if your opponent doesn't run Synchros.

I'm actually really impressed though. You may be iffy on the monster lineup, but honestly I wouldn't change a thing.
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

Gusto 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gusto 2014   Gusto 2014 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 4:51 pm

because all Breakthrough has ever done is wasted my time and deck space

Though as far as monster lineup goes, honestly the only thing I can think of is moving around stuff to put back in a bit more of the Psychic engine (Esper Loli, PsyCommander, etc.... which if that happens then find room for Beast/Barkion again) for more toolboxing (as is this is beyond minimal to the point where I wouldn't even call it a Psygusto build anymore), some Thunbolt for more Pirika shenanigans, and there's always the possibility of maxing out on said Pirika.

Really most of the deck hinges on how consistent the Griffin engine is here. If it turns out to not be as much so as it looks on paper, than putting back in some more psychic toolboxing while possibly keeping just a few things such as Cockadoodledoo, in addition to adding the above stated Thunbolt and maybe even a Windaar as well would probably be for the best.

tl;dr deck could go all sorts of ways, and hell even if this way may works I might just try out the Psygusto route anyways
Back to top Go down
Wynn
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer
Wynn

Charmer Power : 2548
Badges :
Gusto 2014 414547

Gusto 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gusto 2014   Gusto 2014 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 5:15 pm

I personally don't like the look of the deck. I don't like the lv5 tuner for the new girl. Seems a bit over reaching her. Her true use is really going to be sphreez. I mean we got to be agreed there right?
The psychic engine is meh here because of her wind retriction. Using her as a tech I think is fine but then the deck shouldn't use the lv5 tuner with her. I do like witch though lol. I personally think a pure gusto should be tried for her. Or a deck I refer to as Sphreez Control. Which I will be making once she is on DN. My Volcanic Gusto may finally have a challenge.

Griffen is awesome but as you said yourself it is really depenent on his consistancy. But here is a play I think if I think the new girl and griffen.
Rising energy opponents monster +1500, discard griffen. Summon her, revive gulldo, synchro sphreez. Add gulldo. Normal summon, SPAM!!!. Assuming the opponents monster had 1500 this is a possible OTK.
Back to top Go down
http://andromon1217.deviantart.com/
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

Gusto 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gusto 2014   Gusto 2014 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 5:31 pm

ONE use for her is Sphreez, but locking onto simply one gimmick is just bad Yu-Gi-Oh! imo.

Also, wind restriction shouldn't cause too many problems typically, as recruiter loop practically guarantees you have what you'll need in the grave.

Though I literally have no idea what you're going on about Cockadoodledoo, as that card itself can work pretty great at times as its own tech. All it does here is give Pirika the bonus of a third monster to summon, but can also work decently well without her.

But anyways, above post of mine made me just decide to update my Psygusto build with her, so expect that soon.
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

Gusto 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gusto 2014   Gusto 2014 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 8:36 pm

ΛΔ wrote:
because all Breakthrough has ever done is wasted my time and deck space
I actually prefer Breakthrough in here though. Obviously you'd want your opponent to attack you to set off the recruiters, so there's no need to negate their attacks with Fiendish. And you can also discard it for the cost of PWWB and The Tricky, just in case you don't have a Griffin in hand, and you can still use its effect later. I mean it's your deck though.

ΛΔ wrote:
Though I literally have no idea what you're going on about Cockadoodledoo, as that card itself can work pretty great at times as its own tech. All it does here is give Pirika the bonus of a third monster to summon, but can also work decently well without her.
I agree that Silly Rooster is a good card for this deck. Just remember that it's pretty dependent on your opponent's field, and more often than not, you'd be treating it as a Lv5 from summoning it through Pirika, unless you drew like no monsters lol.
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

Gusto 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gusto 2014   Gusto 2014 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 3:08 am

Hi, I'm not dead I've just been busy.

Though I finally got to test out Pirika and if anyone's interested

http://www.mediafire.com/download/fa2kgnif3oa22io/gustoreplays.zip

replays of test duel results (will need YGOPro to view, just extract and dump in the replays folder)

gonna have to make some more changes to the deck (swapping some extra deck cards and removing the R5 engine notably), but for the most it ran far far better than I ever anticipated
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

Gusto 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gusto 2014   Gusto 2014 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 8:16 pm

You mean mc didn't rip in peace? Shocked

In all seriousness, welcome back, friend. Don't worry, we've all learned how strong Pirika is now (thanks to Wynn kicking my butt too often Razz). Can't wait to see what you've done with her.
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

Gusto 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gusto 2014   Gusto 2014 I_icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 10:58 pm

Wow I've not updated this thread in forever

Main deck changes:

- 2 Cockadoodledoo
-1 Gusto Egul
-1 Reeze, Whirlwind of Gusto
-2 Quill Pen of Gulldos
-2 Fiendish Chain

+1 Effect Veiler
+1 Pirika, Lineage of Gusto
+1 Contact with Gusto
+2 Forbidden Lance
+1 One for One
+2 Supply Unit

Extra deck changes:

-1 Ally of Justice Catastor
-1 Black Rose Dragon
-1 Lightning Chidori
-1 Totem Bird
-1 Wind-Up Arsenal Zenmaioh

+1 Daigusto Eguls
+1 Mist Wurm
+1 Moonlight Rose Dragon
+1 Psychic Nightmare
+1 Leviair the Sea Dragon

Side deck additions:
+1 Effect Veiler
+1 Thunder King Rai-Oh
+3 Maxx "C"
+1 Ally of Justice Catastor
+1 Armades, Keeper of Boundries
+1 Mystical Space Typhoon
+1 System Down
+2 Fiendish Chain
+2 Mirror Force
+2 Mistake
Back to top Go down
Wynn
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer
Wynn

Badges :
Gusto 2014 414547

Gusto 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gusto 2014   Gusto 2014 I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 12:09 am

-1 e tele
+1 foolish.

So what is the goal exactly? Cuz yu have a lot of alternate techs it seems.
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

Gusto 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gusto 2014   Gusto 2014 I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 1:13 am

This deck dumps Gusto tuners 2fast for Foolish to even be remotely useful.

Also not maxing out on E-Tele with both Pirika and Witch being a thing just sounds silly (Winda too, but she's far more situational). Like I'd probably dump something like One for One before it ever

Also its more or less a Gusto Toolbox deck with no one set win condition other than "get opponent's LP to 0", so if you're looking for something super specific like "Sphreeze OTK" you're not going to find it (even though Sphreeze has managed to win or help win a lot of games, its still not central goal and has gone plenty of games without being touched as well).
Back to top Go down
Wynn
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer
Wynn

Badges :
Gusto 2014 414547

Gusto 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gusto 2014   Gusto 2014 I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 10:27 am

Well. As a deck with no goal, he techs are fr the most part of. I think griffen and tricky are a bit uneeded.

Well you only really have 1 good e tele target and it only good with grave set up so 3 of the target and 3 of the search just sounds like. well like you gonna to have a hand at some point consistantingof like caam/pirika/e tele and griffen/or tricky and have like no play. Foolish gives you nice set up, including a dump on radom card if you have gulldo, suc as griffen, which can then e added to hand when sphreez is made, making a discard card more live. lol.
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

Gusto 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gusto 2014   Gusto 2014 I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 11:15 am

Someone's forgetting how Witch follows Gusto bird rules of destruction, or is choosing to intentionally ignore. Also Winda is very useful so long as you have a tuner out already. (preferably Gulldo, but still)

Pilica allows for the most aggressive power plays, but saying its the only good target is just downright wrong.

But really lets look at it this way

Foolish Burial:
Good early game? - yes
Good midgame? - ehh
Good lategame? - lel
Want to open with? - yes
Want to draw into? - ewww, only for certain decks that need/want this all times pretty much

E-Tele:
Good early game? - yes, though likely weaker here (especially if first turn play)
Good midgame? - YES
Good lategame? - so long as you have the resources its practically god-tier here
Want to open with? - yes, and in fact this is one of the few cards I can think of that can potentially manage fine opening 3
Want to draw into? - yes

Also, about 1/4 of my deck already works to help dump a Gusto tuner one way or another, we don't need to minus my special summon spam for just one more.

Also when is that hand? Because if that's opening hand you missed giving me 1-2 cards (unless you want to give me both Griffin and Tricky, then that hand is practically god-tier, turn 1 Stardust + Sphreeze setup). If it's mid/lategame hand, that's actually pretty damn great.
Back to top Go down
Wynn
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer
Wynn

Badges :
Gusto 2014 414547

Gusto 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gusto 2014   Gusto 2014 I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 1:14 pm

ΛΔ wrote:
Someone's forgetting how Witch follows Gusto bird rules of destruction, or is choosing to intentionally ignore. Also Winda is very useful so long as you have a tuner out already. (preferably Gulldo, but still)

Pilica allows for the most aggressive power plays, but saying its the only good target is just downright wrong.

But really lets look at it this way

Foolish Burial:
Good early game? - yes
Good midgame? - ehh
Good lategame? - lel
Want to open with? - yes
Want to draw into? - ewww, only for certain decks that need/want this all times pretty much

E-Tele:
Good early game? - yes, though likely weaker here (especially if first turn play)
Good midgame? - YES
Good lategame? - so long as you have the resources its practically god-tier here
Want to open with? - yes, and in fact this is one of the few cards I can think of that can potentially manage fine opening 3
Want to draw into? - yes

Also, about 1/4 of my deck already works to help dump a Gusto tuner one way or another, we don't need to minus my special summon spam for just one more.

Also when is that hand? Because if that's opening hand you missed giving me 1-2 cards (unless you want to give me both Griffin and Tricky, then that hand is practically god-tier, turn 1 Stardust + Sphreeze setup). If it's mid/lategame hand, that's actually pretty damn great.
Witch doesn't set gulldo up. And as an e tele target she is weak here.
E tele, is only a good with gulldo in grave. So early game it can be dead. I just persnally don't like triple search on a possible dead card. And it ca e dead late game 2, if you used all 3 pirika. And yes, winda is a search but not a good one.
opening 3, without gulldo is horrible hand. lol.

oh i just didn' feel like given a full hand. cuz then it might sound like a less possible combo, the fact that yu run high ammounts of cards that can't work alone, sounds. off to me.

I personally just think it is an ok deck. It is just losing radom combos. I know you love griffen, but it seems random here.
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

Gusto 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gusto 2014   Gusto 2014 I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 2:57 pm

Witch > ram > Winda

It isn't a direct setup, but its still effective.

Also, like Winda, its also live while I have a tuner out (though probably least effective in this regard, its still worth noting).

Foolish is a dead -1 pretty much any time not opening hand for this deck, while E-Tele I've never had dead once in recent memory; and I have tested Foolish so I'm not just saying this blindly.

And like I mentioned above, about a quarter of the deck already works to help get a Gusto tuner in the grave in some form, so adding one more to do that just sounds silly.

ps Not giving full hand doesn't exactly work in your favor for arguments sake.
Back to top Go down
Wynn
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer
Wynn

Badges :
Gusto 2014 414547

Gusto 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gusto 2014   Gusto 2014 I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 3:28 pm

ΛΔ wrote:
Witch > ram > Winda

It isn't a direct setup, but its still effective.

Also, like Winda, its also live while I have a tuner out (though probably least effective in this regard, its still worth noting).

Foolish is a dead -1 pretty much any time not opening hand for this deck, while E-Tele I've never had dead once in recent memory; and I have tested Foolish so I'm not just saying this blindly.

And like I mentioned above, about a quarter of the deck already works to help get a Gusto tuner in the grave in some form, so adding one more to do that just sounds silly.

ps Not giving full hand doesn't exactly work in your favor for arguments sake.
lol witch to winda is still not guldo.
Winda is a target, but not a good one. I mean, would you consider running e tele if pirka didn't exsist in a deck like this?
Foolish, is just a card I was commenting on. I am not saying you "NEED" it, but 2 e tele 1 foolish is a better hand then 3 e tele, most of the time.

And my main point still is this deck has way to many cnditional plays. To many decks hae target pllays and your griffen/e tele/pirika/the tricky I think will evnentual find them selves in your hand in combations you don't like. I think overall the ideas here are fine. I just think they are not complymenting eachother very much. Example. Tricky to griffen, I thin would be nicer with a lv2 gusto tuner. Cuz discard, to lv5, to gulldos, to poping an opponent monster or sucking up veiler, and then rank 5 is a nice play. I still don't like griffen with the tricky, but it is a neat idea. Just like witch and e tele as means of getting pirika ready for the OTK, neat, but with less consistany ways to achieve gulldo(kamui, foolish, or even moar winda) it seems like all the "pirika" plays can fall flat without set up or against a player that backs your step up once.
So I think your ideas are fine, thin there are just a bit cloggy here.
I like griffen for hushed. Just not sure where I should take that yet. lol. I haven't yet thought of a hushed to pirika to ???. It is a idea I have played with though.
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

Gusto 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gusto 2014   Gusto 2014 I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 8:51 pm

My only question is why you took out Totem Bird... I'd think that's one of the best monsters Pirika can make (oh, Pilica, excuse me Razz)
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

Gusto 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gusto 2014   Gusto 2014 I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 6:12 pm

Totem Bird dumped because dies way too easily to way too many things.

Looking back at it, they probably should've either upped attack (1900 without materials, 2100 with) or just gone all-out and made it full Solemn Judgement in monster form.

Will respond to Wynn later when I feel like making a wall of text in response to a wall of text.
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

Gusto 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gusto 2014   Gusto 2014 I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 8:12 am

ΛΔ wrote:
Looking back at it, they probably should've either upped attack (1900 without materials, 2100 with) or just gone all-out and made it full Solemn Judgement in monster form.
Gusto 2014 EvolzarLaggia-CT09-EN-SR-LE
Just change the name to "Daigusto Laggia" and I think you have what you're looking for. XD
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

Gusto 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gusto 2014   Gusto 2014 I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 8:21 am

Yeah, pretty much lol

just lv3 wind materials only
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gusto 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gusto 2014   Gusto 2014 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gusto 2014
Page 1 of 1