Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmer Forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers. Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg because we're migrating!

Where does Gishki Vanity fit in?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Binding Dharc
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Binding Dharc

Charmer Power : 2116
Favorite Charmer : Dharc
Badges :
Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? 586968 Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? 346267

Character sheet
Name: Hiita the Fire Charmer
HP:
Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? Left_bar_bleue350/350Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? Empty_bar_bleue  (350/350)
MP:
Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? Left_bar_bleue400/400Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)

Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? Empty
PostSubject: Where does Gishki Vanity fit in?   Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 9:46 pm

I'm wondering about Vanity for a single reason: Unlike the rest of the human Gishki members, Vanity is NOT labeled as a Spellcaster; instead, he is listed as an Aqua monster.

What the rest of the Gishki's had indicated up to now though was that all actual Gishki family members were Spellcasters, and that the rest were the familiars and were Fish, Sea-Serpent, or Aqua.

Vanity is the only one of the human Gishkis that does not hold a weapon. Most have a magic staff, and then Avance and Natalia hold swords. In addition, his name is the only one of the human Gishkis that does not sound like an actual name, but more like the pet names given to the familiars.

It is hard to tell what all this might be suggesting about Vanity's role within the Gishkis, but it does seem to say that he may not be all that he lets on...

Anyone else have thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
Hippocampus

Charmer Power : 582
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :
Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? 1658415264 Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? 3087721399Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? 1380831044

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? Left_bar_bleue500/500Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? Left_bar_bleue200/200Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Where does Gishki Vanity fit in?   Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 9:12 am

Hmm. Vanity seems to be a rogue in general. While most other Gishkis are brightly colored, he is very dull and grey-looking. Also, his effect is quite unique as well. Most of the Gishki monsters either add cards from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand or manipulate the cards on top of your deck (so basically work with the player's card advantage), but Vanity prevents your opponent from activating cards, which is the complete opposite. Also, while most Gishki monsters activate their effects when they're summoned, Vanity's effect only works when you discard him from your hand. He seems to be a decent tech that throws a random wrench in the rest of the Gishki strategy, but as far as card backstories, I'm thinking he might be an outcast (hence why he doesn't have a weapon, why he's not colorful, and ultimately why he's not a Spellcaster). The fact that his name is "Vanity" is definitely a clue there... he probably thinks more of himself than of the other members in his own archetype, and the others don't like him for that lol.

Nice find, Binding Dharc.
Back to top Go down
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer
Eria

Charmer Power : 6524
Favorite Charmer : Eria
Badges :
Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? 28X2ifc

Character sheet
Name: Eria
HP:
Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? Left_bar_bleue300/300Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)
MP:
Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? Left_bar_bleue150/150Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Where does Gishki Vanity fit in?   Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 8:27 pm

Noeria: Emilia's mother. Official statement is in Master Guide. She's most likely the leader of Gishki.

Natalia: Noeria's best friend. After the Great War with the Fableds, Noeria took in the children of her comrades in the Ice Barrier who died. Natalia was her best friend who died in a Ritual accident, and Avance is Natalia's son. This is from Master Guide too.

Emilia: Noeria's daughter.

Avance: Natalia's son.

Erial: Was an orphan from the rampage of Trishula during the Fabled war according to Master Guide. She's probably found by Noeria, and Noeria took her as a daughter and taught her the art of Aquamirror (just a speculation). She can either be related or not related to Eria (Water Charmer) at all.

-----

See, while those Gishki spellcasters have connections each other, none of them has a direct relation to Gishki Vanity. I'm thinking Vanity is just as equal as other Gishki low level monsters (Abyss, Beast, Shadow, Eater, Vision). With exception that makes him looks different, since he's a human. I'm thinking that he's just like a servant of Noeria's family. Or, he could be one of the children Noeria adopted from her comrades after the war with Fabled (but he being adopted like that doesn't seem to make a good sense since Erial got special treatment and she's a spellcaster whereas he's not...).

EDIT: Found the scan:

Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? 3E17F5D9-7B53-4D71-95DB-119ABD10609D-13134-000009C05763EBCA_zps01ec91eb
Back to top Go down
http://charmer-yugioh.vampire-legend.com
Binding Dharc
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Binding Dharc

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? Left_bar_bleue350/350Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? Empty_bar_bleue  (350/350)
MP:
Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? Left_bar_bleue400/400Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)

PostSubject: Re: Where does Gishki Vanity fit in?   Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 9:30 pm

Wish I could read Japanese... Don't suppose you could translate it?
Back to top Go down
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer
Eria

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? Left_bar_bleue300/300Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)
MP:
Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? Left_bar_bleue150/150Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Where does Gishki Vanity fit in?   Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 11:40 pm

I can read it (except the kanji) but I don't understand what it means.

The sum of the translations (not a direct translation from that page [done by DarkEvangel from Pojo] ) can be found in Duel Terminal Story thread.
Back to top Go down
Binding Dharc
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Binding Dharc

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Where does Gishki Vanity fit in?   Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 1:36 pm

Can you give me the link to it?
Back to top Go down
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer
Eria

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Where does Gishki Vanity fit in?   Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 10:18 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where does Gishki Vanity fit in?   Where does Gishki Vanity fit in? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where does Gishki Vanity fit in?
Page 1 of 1