Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmer Forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers. Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg because we're migrating!

The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG

Go down 
+14
OceanCharmer
Garaito
Kappa Tulen
Joan's Guardian
Wiseman
Lute
Skyblade LV12
kurokaze
Eria
Runo
Ayai-chan
Kirikaze Fuuma
Charmer Fan Yuji
white lycoris
18 posters

Why do you play YuGiOh TCG (Duel Monster) ?
I play to be able to meet friends
The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG I_vote_lcap13%The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
I play so that I can train my brain (way of thinking)
The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG I_vote_lcap13%The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
because I like the card's artwork.
The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG I_vote_lcap33%The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 8 ]
because I like the way it represents my self in the form of cards or deck
The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG I_vote_lcap8%The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
another reason
The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG I_vote_lcap33%The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
white lycoris
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer
white lycoris

Charmer Power : 1096

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Left_bar_bleue300/300The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)
MP:
The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Left_bar_bleue150/150The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Empty
PostSubject: The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG   The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 4:25 am

I feel bored, so I decide to ask you the first question that pops up in my head. Neutral

Please answer it and tell me your reasons Smile

I'd love to know more about you I love you
Back to top Go down
http://yui-minatsuki.deviantart.com
Charmer Fan Yuji
Senior Charmer
Senior Charmer
Charmer Fan Yuji

Charmer Power : 3377
Location : With Hiita, hugging her and telling her how much I love her and will protect her <3

Character sheet
Name: Hiita
HP:
The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Left_bar_bleue500/500The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Left_bar_bleue300/300The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)

PostSubject: Re: The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG   The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 5:34 am

I like to play it cause it's fun, I never play to win, even when I lose, I don't get mad. plus, some cards have quite the amazing artwork.
Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier
Kirikaze Fuuma

Charmer Power : 5700
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :
The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG GearfriedThe Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG S-hai01

Character sheet
Name: Wynn
HP:
The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Left_bar_bleue280/280The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Empty_bar_bleue  (280/280)
MP:
The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Left_bar_bleue170/170The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Empty_bar_bleue  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG   The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 7:27 am

TBH, I don't even know why I like YGO from the start. All I know is, it's interesting. The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Haermm

Oh yes, I'm serious. I don't give a damn about it. When I watched the anime, I'm not interested at all. Watching Haga summoned Basic Insect... doesn't really impressed me at all. But, everything started when My brother looked for Exodia cards and finally made a dragon deck consists of bootleg cards. One day I made a completely random deck to play with my brother (Anime rules. 2000 LP no tribute summon for high level monster).

Another day, I started to feel this is interesting. Until I tried to make a deck to match my brother's deck (Runo of course would know what deck it is XD). That day, I started to feel that this game is interesting. Especially when I saw Buster Blader, one of my favorite cards. Finally I made so many decks with the bootleg cards my brother bought. Starting from My first deck, Warrior, Fiend, Gravekeeper, Equip (Yeah, the decks are still here till now). To put it short, I just think this game is interesting and fun to play. Especially after I know how powerless my decks are in front of the mighty Alvin, my friend, who used destructive cards, and chaos as his deck, which makes me feel challenged XD. I miss that day where I nobleman'ed his Magician of Faith thrice in a row in 3 rounds XD. Rest in peace Alvin... I miss you...

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gransveld
Ayai-chan
Senior Charmer
Senior Charmer
Ayai-chan

Charmer Power : 2830
Favorite Charmer : Aussa
Badges :
The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Marsh01 The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Pumpkingbadge

Character sheet
Name: Aussa
HP:
The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Left_bar_bleue310/310The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Empty_bar_bleue  (310/310)
MP:
The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Left_bar_bleue160/160The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Empty_bar_bleue  (160/160)

PostSubject: Re: The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG   The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 7:36 am

Charmer Fan Yuji wrote:
I like to play it cause it's fun, I never play to win, even when I lose, I don't get mad. plus, some cards have quite the amazing artwork.

LOL You sound like Judai...

Well, I honestly started playing just because I like the card artwork. This game is pretty fun, too. I try not to get competitive when I duel, but sometimes I can't help it. ^^a;;;;;;;;
Back to top Go down
Runo
Mod - Anti Sue Squad Leader
Runo

Charmer Power : 1852

PostSubject: Re: The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG   The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 8:38 am

My reason... well, just like Ayai-chan, I started playing it because of its artworks XD I still remember when I got my first card, The Earl of Demise, the first thought coming up to my mind is : "Wow, this card's artwork is awesome!" XDDD

And so, I forced my brother to show his other cards, made my own deck (the crappy one, of course XD), and keep playing this TCG until now XD So my current reason is simply : because this TCG is fun! XD

@Kiri

You know, I think that deck already pretty good for the first deck XD You should take a look at my first deck if you call that crappy. Mine is crappier than yours, more like Jounouchi's type deck that doesn't have any combo. TBH, at that time I just thinking to fill it up with powerful monster cards rotfl

Yeah, it's really fun when I made that deck, until my brother smashed them out easily in 2-3 turns rotfl

Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier
Kirikaze Fuuma

Charmer Power : 5700
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :
The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG GearfriedThe Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG S-hai01

Character sheet
Name: Wynn
HP:
The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Left_bar_bleue280/280The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Empty_bar_bleue  (280/280)
MP:
The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Left_bar_bleue170/170The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Empty_bar_bleue  (170/170)

PostSubject: Re: The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG   The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 8:51 am

Runo wrote:
@Kiri

You know, I think that deck already pretty good for the first deck XD You should take a look at my first deck if you call that crappy. Mine is crappier than yours, more like Jounouchi's type deck that doesn't have any combo. TBH, at that time I just thinking to fill it up with powerful monster cards rotfl

Yeah, it's really fun when I made that deck, until my brother smashed them out easily in 2-3 turns rotfl

LOL suddenly I remember something rotfl

You know I'm interested in YGO. I tried to make one of my friend a YGO duelist too but even after I teach her, she began to uninterested. Even her boyfriend seems confused too. But that was almost 7 years ago. rotfl

And even I made a deck filled with level 6-8 monsters and asked my friend to use it. He can't summon anything at all. rotfl

Yeah, I agreed. When the first time I played the game, it's really fun when both me and my brother stacked our deck so we can get the card we desire. He managed to summon Lord of D + 2 Flute of Summoning D. That makes his field filled with 3 Blue Eyes and 1 Tyrant Dragon. Maybe this is where I'm started to like this TCG. I saw my brother has a deck that seemingly powerful and I want to match him, with the cards he left behind. And guess what... almost in every match, I was PAWNED by his dragons and it's happened in every PAWNED match and I hate while laughed in every PAWNED moment of it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gransveld
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer
Eria

Charmer Power : 6524
Favorite Charmer : Eria
Badges :
The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG 28X2ifc

Character sheet
Name: Eria
HP:
MP:
The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Left_bar_bleue150/150The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG   The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 10:44 am

Artwork. Nuff said.

Yugioh artworks are awesome. Cyber Jar, Souleater, DMG...
Just a few before I know the Charmers.

No Akina Fujiwara, no beautiful artwork, no Charmers, and you all won't be here. What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://charmer-yugioh.vampire-legend.com
kurokaze
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
kurokaze

Charmer Power : 1188

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG   The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 2:42 pm

is funny
Back to top Go down
Skyblade LV12
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer
Skyblade LV12

Charmer Power : 1838

Character sheet
Name: Skyblade the Elemental Charmer
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG   The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 5:31 pm

Cards seem to have a lot of symbolism to me. Many cards seem to have good reflections of my character.
Back to top Go down
Lute
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Lute

Charmer Power : 1279

Character sheet
Name: Aoi
HP:
The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Left_bar_bleue310/310The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Empty_bar_bleue  (310/310)
MP:
The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Left_bar_bleue250/250The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG   The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 6:48 pm

I'll admit it's because of the artwork. Razz
Back to top Go down
Wiseman
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Wiseman

Charmer Power : 1364
Badges :
The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Kuribo02 The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG 6229305_m

PostSubject: Re: The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG   The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 6:15 pm

Most of th artwork of yu-gi-oh! is like snd in my eyes.

But the charmer's and other card's related have such a gooc art that i cannot resist.
Back to top Go down
http://thefarsouth.blogspot.com/
Joan's Guardian
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Joan's Guardian

Charmer Power : 1222

Character sheet
Name: Joan
HP:
MP:
The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Left_bar_bleue700/700The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Empty_bar_bleue  (700/700)

PostSubject: Re: The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG   The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 9:35 am

They reason I like the Yugioh the most than other card games is because all of the decks aren't required to run a monstrosity of an atleast 60 card deck, most likely 20 cards filled up with Energy/Mana/whatever cards just to start to do something in the first place.

Also, amazing artworks.
Back to top Go down
white lycoris
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer
white lycoris

Charmer Power : 1096

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG   The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 10:41 am

I'm really happy to know more about you all XD XD XD
Uuups. Now I realize that I haven't answer my own poll...ok I'll start.

The first time I was interested in playing Yu Gi Oh was because of the artwork: each card has different artwork from the others. It's as if each monster / person in the cards were alive and lived in the different world alongside our world. Really interesting. My interest in this card game led me to meet the YGO informal community in my city. At that time I dueled by borrowed card of my friend. When I got trouble with him, I stopped, only played YGO as the computer game.

I've stopped for a quite long time until the time I knew for sure that I wanted to play this in order to be able to meet my friends and to make new friends. It's useless to play alone, facing the desktop is far from facing the real person: either win or lose, in the end, no one to share. So, I asked him to sell his cards to me. In the end he told me to just use it since he doesn't play anymore. So I take that chance. I don't want to lose from past-created emotion. I want to play again. And here I am now, keep playing, so that I can meet friends.

We are playing because of many different reasons, but we're gathering in one place now. Here. Together. Isn't it a beautiful coincidence? or is it destined? Smile

Moreover, we all LOVE CHARMERS XD XD XD
Back to top Go down
http://yui-minatsuki.deviantart.com
Kappa Tulen
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Kappa Tulen

Charmer Power : 1494
Badges :
The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Shiningfri-1

PostSubject: Re: The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG   The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 11:59 pm

I have no interesting story about how I get in this game...It's just that... I like this game. In my daily life, I am nobody. But after playing this game, I got lot of good friend. I even have lot of fun time in this game. (There's a sad time too, but that's why these memory and happy moment is precious)

This game teach me a lot of thing, and I still want to keep on learning and become better... And Meeting lot more of people that share the same hobby as me.
Back to top Go down
Garaito
Super Charmer
Super Charmer
Garaito

Charmer Power : 2613
Location : Padang, and somewhere in Tokyo, near a little river, with Aimizu
Badges :
The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Shiningfri-1

Character sheet
Name: Yamikaru
HP:
The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Left_bar_bleue400/400The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)
MP:

PostSubject: Re: The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG   The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 4:18 am

because it's fun ! XD

1st time i met this game is when i am a junior highschooler. i don't interested at its playstyle, but i interested in card like soul exchange, and....err...i forgot what i saw in school...

later, in high school, i was invited by my friend and saw another student playing YGO. i joined. it's FUN and i like it. i always playing YGO after school. later, i dubbed by my friend as " Master of YGO " that is sounds like teasing me.

i dont influenced, now i spirited to search the " Sleeping Duelist " in Padang which 5-8 of them have awaken. and i want to feel Bandung's duelists fun playstyle....
Back to top Go down
http://igaraito.blogspot.com
OceanCharmer
New Charmer
New Charmer
OceanCharmer

Charmer Power : 1016

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG   The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 10:23 am

each one of my decks represent me in some way shape or form, i love playtesting water decks and designing new strategies and just like everything i try to collect all things water although many times when i duel i'm generally bored sometimes its to make decisions which is always fun too Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PisceanNinja
ruroken77
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ruroken77

Charmer Power : 1129

Character sheet
Name: Aubrey
HP:
The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Left_bar_bleue350/350The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Empty_bar_bleue  (350/350)
MP:
The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Left_bar_bleue250/250The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Empty_bar_bleue  (250/250)

PostSubject: Re: The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG   The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 7:46 pm

to me, YGO is the card game version of those Brain Age games for the DS. it helps me think of what to do in a certain situation. plus i like the artwork. especially on the Blue-Eyes White Dragon card.
Back to top Go down
Dally
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Dally

Charmer Power : 1533

Character sheet
Name: Aragaki Kiryu
HP:
The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Left_bar_bleue2000/2000The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Empty_bar_bleue  (2000/2000)
MP:
The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Left_bar_bleue500/500The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

PostSubject: Re: The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG   The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 6:45 am

I like how it teases my brain when I'm in a pinch.
Back to top Go down
Amirashika
New Charmer
New Charmer
Amirashika

Charmer Power : 1037

PostSubject: Re: The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG   The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 12:10 pm

Ok, I don´t know if it means why I started playing or why I still play it, so I will give both.

I started playing in elementary school, in 2nd grade. Reason: EVERYONE was playing, it looked fun, so I had to try it. Something funny is that everyone played, but no one actually played by the rules, I didn't even knew the rules. The first time I played with my younger sister we didn't knew how to win, so we decided that the loser was the one who had their favorite card destroyed : )

I keep playing it, everyone else gave it up, it was a trend just for some years, but I didn't stop playing. I bought a Rule book and read it, I loved the game when I could finally understand it. I only play with a friend who also keeps playing and my sister, but with both of them I play with only 4000 LP.
Back to top Go down
animeftw999
New Charmer
New Charmer
animeftw999

Charmer Power : 1015

PostSubject: Re: The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG   The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 1:07 am

i only played yugioh in 7th grade in junior high school when i was a kid but didn't really understand it, i was 13 at the time . AND for lulz, during math class me and a bunch of other guys sit in the back playing yugioh and also of course failing but thats not important. years later age 18 i looked at my friends cards(didn't know he played ) and the 1st card i picked up was Familiar-Possessed - Eria. I really liked the art work of the card and pretty much after that i tried to get back into dueling using my friends cards.

In august it turns out my other friends also plays the game so then they both tell me to get my own deck since they thought i was pretty good at the game.from then on in the span of 3 months i got back into yugioh and the 1st batch of cards i bought in in a instant was all the charmers and the familiar-possessed cards. of course the 1st one i looked for was Familiar-Possessed eria :3.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG   The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Reason of Playing YuGiOh TCG
Page 1 of 1