Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmer Forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers. Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg because we're migrating!

Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best?

Go down 
3 posters

Charmer Stall
Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? I_vote_lcap50%Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
FP Beatdown
Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? I_vote_lcap25%Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Give and Take Charmers
Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? I_vote_lcap0%Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Endymion Charmer Swarm
Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? I_vote_lcap25%Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Spellbook Charmers
Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? I_vote_lcap0%Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Familiar Rank 4 Spam
 0% [ 0 ]
Charmers as Tech Cards
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
Hippocampus

Charmer Power : 582
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :
Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? 1658415264 Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? 3087721399Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? 1380831044

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? Left_bar_bleue500/500Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? Left_bar_bleue200/200Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? Empty
PostSubject: Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best?   Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 11:35 am

For all you people who play the game, what Charmer deck type appeals to you the most? I'll describe each one briefly to avoid confusion, and if I've gotten one wrong, let me know:
  • Charmer Stall: Revolves around setting Charmers and attack negation cards like Waboku and Threatening Roar to then steal opponent's monsters the next turn, typically in combo with DNA Transplant or Scroll of Bewitchment, for shenanigans. The oldest Charmer deck iirc.
  • FP Beatdown: Revolves around using FP monsters as beatsticks, powering them up with cards like Bound Wand or Solidarity, to get over the opponent's field.
  • Give and Take Charmers: Revolves around rapidly sending weak monsters from the Deck to the Graveyard, then using Give and Take to resurrect them and take them back with Charmers' effects, for shenanigans.
  • Endymion Charmer Swarm: Revolves around playing a lot of Spell Cards to fuel Magical Citadel of Endymion and Magical Exemplar, who can then swarm Charmers or FPs from the hand or Graveyard for shenanigans.
  • Spellbook Charmers: Revolves around using the Spellbook Spell Cards to get out the Charmers and FPs quickly from the Deck, and buffing them up with cards like Spellbook of Power.
  • Familiar Rank 4 Spam: Revolves around using Unpossessed to constantly control a FP monster, allowing the Familiars like Jigobyte and Inari Fire to swarm from the hand and make a lot of Rank 4 monsters.
  • Charmers as Tech Cards: This is for those who don't actually use a Charmer deck, but just splash one Charmer in another deck because it helps out (Eria in a Frog deck, for instance, or Ghostrick deck with Charmers in side deck).

Note that this is not the same as which deck type wins the most; solely base your decision on which one you have more fun playing. I pick Endymion because it's the one I currently have irl, but I've won a lot more with the Xyz build for sure XD
Back to top Go down
Binding Dharc
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Binding Dharc

Charmer Power : 2116
Favorite Charmer : Dharc
Badges :
Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? 586968 Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? 346267

Character sheet
Name: Hiita the Fire Charmer
HP:
Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? Left_bar_bleue350/350Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? Empty_bar_bleue  (350/350)
MP:
Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? Left_bar_bleue400/400Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)

PostSubject: Re: Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best?   Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 8:37 pm

I'd chose FP beatdown since that is what my current deck is closest to. One thing I wish there was though is a card that can search Unpossessed from the deck to my hand, because despite the fact that there are three of it in the deck, I still seem to draw cards I only have one of more often than them.
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
Hippocampus

Charmer Power : 582
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :
Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? 1658415264 Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? 3087721399Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? 1380831044

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? Left_bar_bleue500/500Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? Left_bar_bleue200/200Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best?   Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2015 8:08 am

Binding Dharc wrote:
I'd chose FP beatdown since that is what my current deck is closest to. One thing I wish there was though is a card that can search Unpossessed from the deck to my hand, because despite the fact that there are three of it in the deck, I still seem to draw cards I only have one of more often than them.
Blame your shuffling mechanism for that one Razz

Anyway, A Cat of Ill Omen is the only card that can search Traps as far as I know (and I have seen some Charmer decks run it, most notably Charmer Stall since it's a Flip Monster). You could just send Unpossessed from the Deck to the Graveyard and then retrieve it from there, but that might involve too many cards that stray away from your strategy.
Back to top Go down
ally of justice catastor
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ally of justice catastor

Charmer Power : 1485
Favorite Charmer : Hiita
Badges :
Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? 1522432259

Character sheet
Name: ally of justice decisive armor
HP:
Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? Left_bar_bleue300/300Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)
MP:
Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? Left_bar_bleue150/150Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best?   Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 11:16 am

I do like my Charmer Genex the most, thanks to Changer, so my answer is 1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best?   Which Charmers duel strategy do you like best? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1