Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmer Forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers. Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg because we're migrating!

Have Satellarknights fallen off?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
minimania
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer
minimania

Charmer Power : 1189
Favorite Charmer : Wynn

Character sheet
Name: Melanie And Situa Yukara
HP:
Have Satellarknights fallen off? Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Have Satellarknights fallen off? Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)
MP:
Have Satellarknights fallen off? Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Have Satellarknights fallen off? Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

Have Satellarknights fallen off? Empty
PostSubject: Have Satellarknights fallen off?   Have Satellarknights fallen off? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 9:28 am

Do you think that Satellars fell off?
What are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
Hippocampus

Charmer Power : 582
Badges :
Have Satellarknights fallen off? 1658415264 Have Satellarknights fallen off? 3087721399Have Satellarknights fallen off? 1380831044

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
Have Satellarknights fallen off? Left_bar_bleue500/500Have Satellarknights fallen off? Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
Have Satellarknights fallen off? Left_bar_bleue200/200Have Satellarknights fallen off? Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Have Satellarknights fallen off?   Have Satellarknights fallen off? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 8:39 am

Well I didn't really know if they were in the meta to begin with. When DUEA came out everything was just Shaddolls and not much else, and then Qliphorts came along shortly after that.

...Or are you talking about the archetype's backstory? Because if you are this topic should be moved to the Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards Story section.
Back to top Go down
minimania
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer
minimania

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Have Satellarknights fallen off?   Have Satellarknights fallen off? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 8:29 pm

Hippocampus wrote:
Well I didn't really know if they were in the meta to begin with. When DUEA came out everything was just Shaddolls and not much else, and then Qliphorts came along shortly after that.

...Or are you talking about the archetype's backstory? Because if you are this topic should be moved to the Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards Story section.
I'm indeed talking about the meta game.

You see, before Qliphort and Nekroz were announced, the three main meta decks were Shaddolls, Burning Abyss, and Satellarknights (bar Yang Zing, not too many people were playing it) and Satellars were all over dueling network. Usually, you would either go against Shaddolls or Satellarknights. Burning Abyss wasn't considered as good as Shaddolls then (or at least so I thought).
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
Hippocampus

Charmer Power : 582
Badges :
Have Satellarknights fallen off? 1658415264 Have Satellarknights fallen off? 3087721399Have Satellarknights fallen off? 1380831044

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
Have Satellarknights fallen off? Left_bar_bleue500/500Have Satellarknights fallen off? Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
Have Satellarknights fallen off? Left_bar_bleue200/200Have Satellarknights fallen off? Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Have Satellarknights fallen off?   Have Satellarknights fallen off? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 11:49 pm

Well Burning Abyss started as a TCG exclusive archetype if I'm not mistaken, so it didn't receive much attention over here from leaking sites like YGOrganization. And yeah I don't count Yang Zing as meta; they do have interesting combos and the whole new type thing going, but they couldn't even compete with HAT decks on a competitive level.

The thing about the metagame is, it's technically defined by what people choose to play. Even if a deck is really good (like Wynn's Gusto variants for example), it won't become meta unless it's popular. Satellars may have been popular at the release of DUEA because they were new, but once NECH came out people started playing with other new decks like Qliphorts, and there's a good chance people just got bored of them. So yes, your question in the OP is probably true.

From a casual standpoint, here's another observation one could make. Usually the attraction of playing a specific deck/archetype comes from one of two things: its place in the meta, and its longevity. Classic decks like Lightsworns and Six Sams are pretty old, but you'll still see many devoted players trying to make them up to date because they did well in their heyday and the fans have kept up with them for so long. A deck like Satellars hasn't been around for very long, and already it's been eclipsed by better things, so it's not going to develop a strong fanbase that people will come back to in the future like say Shaddolls or Necloths might. For comparison, I don't know anyone still playing Flamvells, do you?
Back to top Go down
minimania
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer
minimania

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Have Satellarknights fallen off?   Have Satellarknights fallen off? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 1:56 am

Hippocampus wrote:
From a casual standpoint, here's another observation one could make. Usually the attraction of playing a specific deck/archetype comes from one of two things: its place in the meta, and its longevity. Classic decks like Lightsworns and Six Sams are pretty old, but you'll still see many devoted players trying to make them up to date because they did well in their heyday and the fans have kept up with them for so long. A deck like Satellars hasn't been around for very long, and already it's been eclipsed by better things, so it's not going to develop a strong fanbase that people will come back to in the future like say Shaddolls or Necloths might. For comparison, I don't know anyone still playing Flamvells, do you?
Actually, I think Six Sams stopped seeing any play a few weeks ago, and I haven't seen Lightsworn in a while. Who knows, maybe I could be wrong.

But I understand what you are saying. There are people still playing Dragon Rulers and Harpies, and even Gusto and sometimes Flamvell, from where I play.
Back to top Go down
Garaito
Super Charmer
Super Charmer
Garaito

Charmer Power : 2613
Location : Padang, and somewhere in Tokyo, near a little river, with Aimizu
Favorite Charmer : Eria
Badges :
Have Satellarknights fallen off? Shiningfri-1

Character sheet
Name: Yamikaru
HP:
Have Satellarknights fallen off? Left_bar_bleue400/400Have Satellarknights fallen off? Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)
MP:
Have Satellarknights fallen off? Left_bar_bleue150/150Have Satellarknights fallen off? Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Have Satellarknights fallen off?   Have Satellarknights fallen off? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 10:40 am

I think Satellar isnt dead yet. Just, well, people prefer an almost 100% consitent deck, like BA, Shaddolls, Hero, Qliphort or even Artifacts

Satellar deck is too much relying Deneb as their 1st move. Even they have Unukalhai, it means u delay 1 turn to make combo. While Qliphort, doesnt always need Tools to start the game. Just have Skill Drain, Emptiness, or the Saqlipoth, are enough

cmiiw Smile
Back to top Go down
http://igaraito.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have Satellarknights fallen off?   Have Satellarknights fallen off? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have Satellarknights fallen off?
Page 1 of 1