Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmer Forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers. Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg because we're migrating!

Djinns.dek... sorta

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

Charmer Power : 2295
Favorite Charmer : Wynn

Djinns.dek... sorta Empty
PostSubject: Djinns.dek... sorta   Djinns.dek... sorta I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 11:09 pm

Djinns.dek... sorta MnaJuqk

because I can't be bothered to wait

basic deck idea is to swarm out a bunch of Xyz while using my spell/trap lineup to disrupt my opponent's field and make them hate me even more, nothing  too complex.

Main deck x40:

Effect monsters x18:
Crane Crane x2
Goblindbergh x2
Gogogo Giant x3
Heroic Challenger - Extra sword x2
Masked Chameleon x3
Summoner Monk x2
Tour Bus From the Underworld x1
Tour Guide From the Underworld x3

Spells x14
Book of Moon x1
Dark Hole x1
Forbidden Lance x2
Mystical Space typhoon x3
Pot of Duality x3
Pot of Duplicity x1
Reinforcement of the Army x1
Soul Charge x2

Traps x8
Bottomless Trap Hole x1
Breakthrough Skill x2
Compulsory Evacuation Device x1
Mirror Force x2
Solemn Warning x1
Torrential Tribute x1

Extra deck x15:

Xyz monsters x15:
Castel the Avian Skyblaster x1
Evilswarm Exciton Knight x1
Gagaga Cowboy x1
Humhumming the Keyboard Djinn x1
Ghostrick Alucard x1
Leviair the Sea dragon x1
Maestroke the Symphony Djinn x1
Melomelody the Brass Djinn x1
Muzurhythm the Strong Djinn x1
Number 17: Leviathan dragon x1
Number 50: Blackship of Corn x1
Number 101: Silent Honor ARK x1
Photon Papilloperative x1
Temtempo the Percussion Djinn x1
Wind-Up Zenmaines x1

Side deck x15:
Thunder King Rai-Oh x1
Maxx "C" x3
Ghostrick Alucard x1
Forbidden Scripture x1
System Down x1
Hero's Rule 2 x2
Light-Imprisoning Mirror x2
Mistake x2
Overworked x2

Last edited by ΛΔ on Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:56 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wynn
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer
Wynn

Charmer Power : 2548
Badges :
Djinns.dek... sorta 414547

PostSubject: Re: Djinns.dek... sorta   Djinns.dek... sorta I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 12:11 am

I was planning something simiar, but I had a different engine in mind.
How is the new djinn working? Isn't her hand cost a bit heavy?
Back to top Go down
http://andromon1217.deviantart.com/
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

PostSubject: Re: Djinns.dek... sorta   Djinns.dek... sorta I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 1:45 am

It's a bit mixed to say the least, though it is worth noting that if I'm reading the effect right you could just pull a Djinn from the grave and not attach any materials to it. Wouldn't be able to get its own effect then, but potential 1800 direct attack is still nice.

Though attaching a single material to a revived Melomelody would be most superior if going off a clean field for -2800 damage.

What engine exactly though, out of curiosity?
Back to top Go down
Wynn
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer
Wynn

Charmer Power : 2548
Badges :
Djinns.dek... sorta 414547

PostSubject: Re: Djinns.dek... sorta   Djinns.dek... sorta I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 10:04 am

I see.
I plan to try this with a rabbit engine. So I can add back up solider. Instant +2 to my hand, which can fuel the effect giving the new monster 2 materials. In the case mastroke, the materials could then be used to protect both of them allowing maybe 2 turns of direct attacks .
Back to top Go down
http://andromon1217.deviantart.com/
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

PostSubject: Re: Djinns.dek... sorta   Djinns.dek... sorta I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 5:44 pm

made a small change

-1 Humhumming
+1 Number 17 (or Zenmaines in the case of my YGOPro build as you can probably tell above. lol)

Since I've noticed I pretty much never summon Humhumming more than once a duel, and if I needed to I could just use Tour Bus to put her back into my extra.
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
Hippocampus

Charmer Power : 582
Badges :
Djinns.dek... sorta 1658415264 Djinns.dek... sorta 3087721399Djinns.dek... sorta 1380831044

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
Djinns.dek... sorta Left_bar_bleue500/500Djinns.dek... sorta Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
Djinns.dek... sorta Left_bar_bleue200/200Djinns.dek... sorta Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Djinns.dek... sorta   Djinns.dek... sorta I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 8:06 am

If it's only a dumping card you need, you could try Kuribandit. It fills up your graveyard faster with targets for Gogogo Giant and Masked Chameleon, or it can be summoned with Tour Guide for the rank 3 xyz.

If you're looking for entire engines, something else you could maybe try is a Lightsworn engine. Milling Wulfs and Lumina shenanigans can allow easy rank 4s, and it also speeds up your deck giving it access to Charge of the Light Brigade and Solar Recharge. I was also thinking about a Rabbit engine initially, but the problem with that is that the normal monsters do clog your draws. Also Rabbit is limited, with no real way to search him, and while you could add Box of Friends to compensate for that... that would still require you to take out some of your key monsters for space issues.

Not a bad deck overall though. The first real "Djinn" deck I've ever seen (and I don't mean Ritual Djinns) Razz
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

PostSubject: Re: Djinns.dek... sorta   Djinns.dek... sorta I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 4:00 pm

I thought about Kuribandit and other mill cards (Lightsworn, Card Trooper, etc), but honestly it only needs to dump 2 different cards, with one of them being much easier to dump. Plus selective dumping > random dumping here, especially with no mass recovery for if anything goes wrong.

Any more than that is overkill to me, especially when I could potentially end up dumping a bunch of extra Gogogo Giant/Masked Chameleon/Crane Cranes and thus killing a lot of the potential to spam out even more R3/4 monsters.

ps I thought you were dead
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :
Djinns.dek... sorta 1658415264 Djinns.dek... sorta 3087721399Djinns.dek... sorta 1380831044

Character sheet
HP:
Djinns.dek... sorta Left_bar_bleue500/500Djinns.dek... sorta Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
Djinns.dek... sorta Left_bar_bleue200/200Djinns.dek... sorta Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Djinns.dek... sorta   Djinns.dek... sorta I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 11:05 am

ΛΔ wrote:
I thought about Kuribandit and other mill cards (Lightsworn, Card Trooper, etc), but honestly it only needs to dump 2 different cards, with one of them being much easier to dump. Plus selective dumping > random dumping here, especially with no mass recovery for if anything goes wrong.

Any more than that is overkill to me, especially when I could potentially end up dumping a bunch of extra Gogogo Giant/Masked Chameleon/Crane Cranes and thus killing a lot of the potential to spam out even more R3/4 monsters.
Yeah that is true. I also thought about Mathematician, since he seems to be everyone's new favorite monster, but you already have too many monster effects that trigger on normal summon lol

ΛΔ wrote:
ps I thought you were dead
Yes mc, you killed me and I have risen from the dead!

Nah, I was just sick/doing schoolwork.
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

PostSubject: Re: Djinns.dek... sorta   Djinns.dek... sorta I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 11:36 am

Oh.

Meanwhile my semester ended in the absolute best way possible.
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

PostSubject: Re: Djinns.dek... sorta   Djinns.dek... sorta I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 6:35 pm

made changes

-1 Crane Crane
-2 Kagemucha Knight
-1 Foolish Burial
-2 Forbidden Dress
-1 Ghostrick Alucard

+2 Goblindbergh
+2 Heroic Challenger - Extra Sword
+2 Soul Charge
+1 Castel the Avian Skyblaster

lv4s in main deck now dwarf the lv3 monsters by nearly 2:1, but considering the vast majority of my Tour Bus recycles are for my own Tour Guides/Crane cranes, it sort of evens itself out that way
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Djinns.dek... sorta   Djinns.dek... sorta I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 8:29 am

How well does Castel work? Everyone seems really hyped for him but I don't see the appeal (mainly because I'd prefer to use either Emeral or Lavalval Chain, neither of which you have in here).
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

PostSubject: Re: Djinns.dek... sorta   Djinns.dek... sorta I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 12:14 pm

Honestly, the only time's I've ever really brought out I didn't really need either of his effects. I mean last time it was Photon butterfly to flip monster faceup then him to bounce it back to the deck, which is just me being dickish at this point pretty much.

However, its basically a stronger Maestroke (with no protection)+Tiaramisu-lite, so it can't be all that bad. Though i'll also say, the choices you listed seem weird to me, since they're imo probably among the most unsplashable generic rank4s.

Also, I made a few more small tweaks and built a side

-1 Tour Bus from the Underworld
-2 Fiendish Chain

+1 Pot of Dichotomy
+2 Breakthrough Skill

and for side

+2 Effect Veiler
+3 Maxx "C"
+1 Thunder King Rai-Oh
+1 Crimson Blader
+1 Ghostrick Alucard
+1 System Down
+2 Hero's Rule 2
+2 Light-Imprisoning Mirror
+2 Mistake
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Djinns.dek... sorta   Djinns.dek... sorta I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 7:04 pm

ΛΔ wrote:
Though i'll also say, the choices you listed seem weird to me, since they're imo probably among the most unsplashable generic rank4s.
I mean, if you think Foolish Burial and mini-Pot of Avarice are "unsplashable", then...

Also, your deck has so much Pot now. Can I have some? XD
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

PostSubject: Re: Djinns.dek... sorta   Djinns.dek... sorta I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 7:12 pm

I think they can be both summed up more accurately as "there's better options imo"

plus chain foolish effect is kinda useless for anything that can consistently make rank-4s unless you're doing something like gem-knights that want to dump a s/t to me, while its secondary effect is pretty largely situational and/or requires incredibly good luck/foresight

meanwhile I only really like emeral for things that can fully utilize both of his effects, since again... even without pot he's kinda at best a subpar recycler option imo
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

PostSubject: Re: Djinns.dek... sorta   Djinns.dek... sorta I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 9:54 am

Made small changes to the side.

-2 Effect Veiler
-1 Crimson Blader

+1 Forbidden Scripture
+2 Overworked

Also, I updated the OP to include the full text decklist for anyone that cares and for whatever reason couldn't tell what any of the cards were.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Djinns.dek... sorta   Djinns.dek... sorta I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Djinns.dek... sorta
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh! :: Eria the Water Charmer and Gigobyte's Yu-Gi-Oh!-Related Hall :: Decks and Strategies-
Jump to: