Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmer Forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers. Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg because we're migrating!

Gusto Penguin Beta Card

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
Hippocampus

Charmer Power : 582
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :
Gusto Penguin Beta Card 1658415264 Gusto Penguin Beta Card 3087721399Gusto Penguin Beta Card 1380831044

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
Gusto Penguin Beta Card Left_bar_bleue500/500Gusto Penguin Beta Card Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
Gusto Penguin Beta Card Left_bar_bleue200/200Gusto Penguin Beta Card Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

Gusto Penguin Beta Card Empty
PostSubject: Gusto Penguin Beta Card   Gusto Penguin Beta Card I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 12:15 am

So Gusto/Pirika discussion gave me a random idea. Obviously, this won't be the real thing, although twould be hilarious if it was Razz

Gusto Penguin
Level 3
WIND Winged Beast/Tuner
You can discard this card and 1 "Gusto" monster from your hand to draw 2 cards. When this card is sent to the graveyard, except by the effect of "Gusto Penguin", you can return 1 card your opponent controls to the hand, and if you do, destroy 1 "Gusto" monster you control.
ATK 500/DEF 600

It's been a while since I came up with a card actually meant for the OCG/TCG, though I meant it to be OP on purpose (though I did add a clause to prevent looping). Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

Charmer Power : 2295

PostSubject: Re: Gusto Penguin Beta Card   Gusto Penguin Beta Card I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 12:43 am

remove anti-looping clause for Konami-tier and we're good
Back to top Go down
Wynn
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer
Wynn

Charmer Power : 2548
Badges :
Gusto Penguin Beta Card 414547

PostSubject: Re: Gusto Penguin Beta Card   Gusto Penguin Beta Card I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 6:34 am

Its an optional trigger effect so it would miss timing if it was sent to the grave for its own effect, so either make it an "If" effect or no need to say its bounce effect can't work with its draw effect.
Back to top Go down
http://andromon1217.deviantart.com/
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :
Gusto Penguin Beta Card 1658415264 Gusto Penguin Beta Card 3087721399Gusto Penguin Beta Card 1380831044

Character sheet
HP:
Gusto Penguin Beta Card Left_bar_bleue500/500Gusto Penguin Beta Card Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
Gusto Penguin Beta Card Left_bar_bleue200/200Gusto Penguin Beta Card Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Gusto Penguin Beta Card   Gusto Penguin Beta Card I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 9:38 am

like seriously guys, how useful from 1 to 10?

Wynn wrote:
Its an optional trigger effect so it would miss timing if it was sent to the grave for its own effect, so either make it an "If" effect or no need to say its bounce effect can't work with its draw effect.
It's supposed to miss timing with its draw effect (since you know, it's a Gusto monster). I added the clause, though, to prevent it from looping its bounce effect with another copy of itself's bounce effect. Since with this effect, it can target itself if you wanted Wink
Back to top Go down
Binding Dharc
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Binding Dharc

Charmer Power : 2116
Favorite Charmer : Dharc
Badges :
Gusto Penguin Beta Card 586968 Gusto Penguin Beta Card 346267

Character sheet
Name: Hiita the Fire Charmer
HP:
Gusto Penguin Beta Card Left_bar_bleue350/350Gusto Penguin Beta Card Empty_bar_bleue  (350/350)
MP:
Gusto Penguin Beta Card Left_bar_bleue400/400Gusto Penguin Beta Card Empty_bar_bleue  (400/400)

PostSubject: Re: Gusto Penguin Beta Card   Gusto Penguin Beta Card I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 6:40 pm

I like it. As for usefulness rating, I give it a... 7.8. Although I think if Konami were to make this card like this, it's effect would search out a Gusto like most any other, rather than just drawing cards.
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Hippocampus

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Gusto Penguin Beta Card   Gusto Penguin Beta Card I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 11:39 pm

Binding Dharc wrote:
I like it. As for usefulness rating, I give it a... 7.8. Although I think if Konami were to make this card like this, it's effect would search out a Gusto like most any other, rather than just drawing cards.
Glad you like it, Dharc! And I made this card really as more of a support monster if you couldn't tell. Its effects don't directly search, but the monsters you can combo with do. Its draw effects basically screams Griffin abuse, which ideally could make this a stronger card than E-Tele to search Pirika with (don't forget it'll be in the grave after discarding it, so there's your Sphreez right there XD), but additionally gives access to all the other things Griffin does. Its second effect was made to combo with Gulldo, but can also work with Falco and Squirro if you run them. Notice how the last thing to happen is the destruction of your Gusto monster; this way, Gulldo's effect doesn't miss the timing Wink

But yeah, I don't expect Konami to make this at all.
Back to top Go down
Wynn
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer
Wynn

Charmer Power : 2548
Badges :
Gusto Penguin Beta Card 414547

PostSubject: Re: Gusto Penguin Beta Card   Gusto Penguin Beta Card I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 11:29 am

lol Even if this did exsist I wouldn't use it myself.
Back to top Go down
http://andromon1217.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gusto Penguin Beta Card   Gusto Penguin Beta Card I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gusto Penguin Beta Card
Page 1 of 1