Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmer Forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers. Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg because we're migrating!

Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ally of justice catastor
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ally of justice catastor

Charmer Power : 1485
Favorite Charmer : Hiita
Badges :
Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell) 1522432259

Character sheet
Name: ally of justice decisive armor
HP:
Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell) Left_bar_bleue300/300Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell) Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)
MP:
Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell) Left_bar_bleue150/150Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell) Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell) Empty
PostSubject: Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell)   Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 12:25 am

a deck I've test-play in DN, and man, this deck is quite fun, try it

Monster:
Flamvell Firedog x 3
Flamvell Grunika x 3
Neo Flamvell Shaman x 3
Dance Princess of Ice Barrier x 2
Samurai of Ice Barrier x 2
Sacred Spirit of Ice Barrier x 2
Spellbreaker of Ice Barrier x 2
Flame and Frost Dragon(main card) x 3

Spell:
Medallion of ice barrier x 2
Rekindling x 2
Circle of the Fire King x 2
Night Beam x 2

Trap:
Kickfire x 2
Spiritual Water Art Aoi x 3
Spiritual Fire Art Kurenai x 2
Aquamirror Cycle x 2

xyz:
Abyss Dweller x 2
Wind-up Zenmaines x 2
Number 101: Silent Horror Ark x 2
Number 32: Shark Drake
Lavalval Ignis x 3
Lavalval Chain x 2
Gagagigo the Risen x 1(because Gagagigo is baddass)

if you're gonna ask me why i use Samurai, its simple, he is used to fill Monster Card that could be combo-ed well with this deck.
his ability to destroy itself to draw one card and fuel the graveyard for Flame and Frost Dragon is quite useful

Lavalval chain is good to fill grave with monster or to search Flame and Frost for next turn usage

overall, this deck is a fun build from my curiosity on combo-ing two different card, and its a pretty fun deck, try them if you can :3
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
Hippocampus

Charmer Power : 582
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :
Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell) 1658415264 Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell) 3087721399Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell) 1380831044

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell) Left_bar_bleue500/500Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell) Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell) Left_bar_bleue200/200Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell) Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell)   Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 12:32 am

Very nice concept! I do see a lot of strategies you use in here. My only concern is that you really don't have much protection against more powerful monster attacks or card effects, and as such your monsters can deplete very quickly. Yeah, the Spiritual Arts are nice cards, and your Ice Barrier monster effects are good, but you have to constantly waste resources to pull them off, which may end up hurting you in the long run. Even your star monster requires to continuously discard monsters, and aside from Aquamirror Cycle, I don't really see much of a way to get them back fast enough. Maybe bump up Medallion to 3? And have you thought about Blizzed over Samurai? Gives you targets for a possible Salvage tech.

Also, don't be afraid of adding some staples in here like Mirror Force, Compulsory, or Bottomless to back up your monsters. Kickfire honestly doesn't seem that great of a card, and DEFINITELY -1 Kurenai. And swap out those Night Beams for MSTs, unless I'm seriously missing something there.

I do think it's clever that, while Flamvell and Ice Barrier are both archetypes that were meant for Synchro summoning, you've included no Synchros in here XD
As for the Xyz you run... there are certainly better choices. First of all, Ignis is not that good... run only 1 if you like him; otherwise run 0. Abyss Dweller, Silent Horror Ark, and Zenmaines likewise can be reduced to 1 each. Why do I suggest this? Because you're missing valuable cards like Leviair, who combos GREAT with your deck, Utopia and Maestroke, who are excellent defenders, Daigusto Emeral, who is just as much of a staple as Lavalval Chain, and Number 20: Giga-Brilliant, who works well with your Flamvell monsters. Just some thoughts of mine, though.
Back to top Go down
ally of justice catastor
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ally of justice catastor

Charmer Power : 1485
Favorite Charmer : Hiita
Badges :
Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell) 1522432259

Character sheet
Name: ally of justice decisive armor
HP:
Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell) Left_bar_bleue300/300Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell) Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)
MP:
Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell) Left_bar_bleue150/150Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell) Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell)   Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 5:36 am

night beam is used because of its usefulness, but yes, MST's more flexible, might work well

blizzed is not that hard hitter, and seriously, samurai could put some help on building grave in the most unpredictable time so ya could summon Frost and Flame, but you could still hit hard

maybe some burial could help, along with card that return card from banish to grave, but dunno

i once tries to put neo flamvell instead with some synchros, but well......
it... didn't went well....
and since most card that i use is not tuner, why bother right?

also, i tries to make the deck full of fire and water monster so i could put more card to banish VIA Frost and Flame, and abyss dweller could boost Frost and Flame in term of attack and protect him
i actually used to put Nightmare Shark instead of Ignis, think I'll go back to him

giga-brilliant could't help much, since he's not a fire or water monster and it use level 3, which i only have Neo Flamvell Shaman, and i think Zenmaines is better card, and Abyss Dweller have put Giga's effect while he's up on the field btw

Emeral will hurt my grave.
sure, it'll help adding my deck so i don't DO, but the fact that the grave will be pretty empty with all the xyz and banish will make him not that good

i used to put more fire xyz, but since most of them are archetype-only or can't be used like "infernal flame vixen", which need pyro to work even if it help my deck so much, so i just bite the tale and stay calm, through Grenosaur might be used with his burn effect and high attack

i'll just add more evacuation while throwing Kickfire away and add some flamvell counter as well i guess, but return might help some xyz and to fill the graveyard again, foolish burial might also add grave

Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
Hippocampus

Charmer Power : 582
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :
Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell) 1658415264 Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell) 3087721399Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell) 1380831044

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell) Left_bar_bleue500/500Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell) Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell) Left_bar_bleue200/200Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell) Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell)   Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 3:24 pm

ally of justice catastor wrote:
i once tries to put neo flamvell instead with some synchros, but well......
it... didn't went well....
and since most card that i use is not tuner, why bother right?
Haha, true, but I didn't mean you should put them in your deck. I just meant that traditionally, Flamvell and Ice Barrier archetypes are known for Synchroing (Uruquizas, Ancient Flamvell Deity, Brionac, Dewloren, Gungnir, etc.). The fact that you use them differently is what I think is cool.

also, i tries to make the deck full of fire and water monster so i could put more card to banish VIA Frost and Flame, and abyss dweller could boost Frost and Flame in term of attack and protect him
i actually used to put Nightmare Shark instead of Ignis, think I'll go back to him
I don't disagree, but that doesn't mean ALL your Extra needs to be Fire and Water too. I honestly don't think you need to worry about having a few non-Fire/Water Xyz monsters you use as techs, since you have so many Fire/Water monsters in the main deck.
Ehhh, Nightmare Shark is okay... Honestly if you REALLY wanted another Water monster, I'd pick Submersible Aero Shark over that one.

Emeral will hurt my grave.
sure, it'll help adding my deck so i don't DO, but the fact that the grave will be pretty empty with all the xyz and banish will make him not that good
Not decking out is not the reason why I suggested Emeral. Putting the Frost and Flame Dragons back in the deck is a good tactic because, once they're sent to the Graveyard, they can't be played again. Also you can return Ice Barrier monsters back to the deck to fetch them with Medallion, or Flamvell monsters back to the deck to summon again with Firedog's effect. And don't forget, Emeral makes you draw as well, which your deck needs.

i used to put more fire xyz, but since most of them are archetype-only or can't be used like "infernal flame vixen", which need pyro to work even if it help my deck so much, so i just bite the tale and stay calm, through Grenosaur might be used with his burn effect and high attack
No. I'm sorry, but please DON'T put Grenosaurus in your deck. It is bad Razz plus you said you had enough Rank 3s I thought? lol

i'll just add more evacuation while throwing Kickfire away and add some flamvell counter as well i guess, but return might help some xyz and to fill the graveyard again, foolish burial might also add grave
Yeah, this is a good idea. Flamvell Counter and Foolish Burial are good cards; can't believe I forgot about them.
Back to top Go down
Gentasu
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer
Gentasu

Charmer Power : 1081
Favorite Charmer : Eria

Character sheet
Name: Kurumi Tokisaki
HP:
MP:
Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell) Left_bar_bleue650/650Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell) Empty_bar_bleue  (650/650)

PostSubject: Re: Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell)   Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 9:11 pm

If you're not strictly using ice barrier and flamvell then one thing you can consider using is hydrogedon and jurrac guaiba to go for easy laggias. If you use hydrogedon, then thats enough material for a frost flame already. To support this I use all the fast attack increasing cards I know (forbidden lance, ego boost, shrink) The only problem I find with this deck is that I don't actually win by getting frost flame, I win because people don't like seeing laggia lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell)   Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flame and Frost Dragon xyz deck(Ice barrier + Flamvell)
Page 1 of 1