Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmer Forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers. Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg because we're migrating!

Ideas for a Ghostrick-Charmer Deck?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mercurian262144
New Charmer
New Charmer
mercurian262144

Charmer Power : 1013
Favorite Charmer : Dharc

Character sheet
Name: Yoichi Kurai, Hierophant of Prophecy
HP:
Ideas for a Ghostrick-Charmer Deck? Left_bar_bleue1500/2600Ideas for a Ghostrick-Charmer Deck? Empty_bar_bleue  (1500/2600)
MP:
Ideas for a Ghostrick-Charmer Deck? Left_bar_bleue500/2800Ideas for a Ghostrick-Charmer Deck? Empty_bar_bleue  (500/2800)

Ideas for a Ghostrick-Charmer Deck? Empty
PostSubject: Ideas for a Ghostrick-Charmer Deck?   Ideas for a Ghostrick-Charmer Deck? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 12:41 am

The upcoming OCG Booster Pack, Shadow Specters, shows some new archetypes, and also a revived one. One of these is the Ghostrick, based around ghosts and monsters of the Halloween. The archetype had three things in common with the Madolche: one is that they rely on low-level monsters, another is their evolutionary game style, and the last is their degree of cuteness(but not as quite as our beloved Charmers). As I learned, they are perfectly compatible with Flip-Effect monsters, especially our very own Charmer archetype. These are the reasons why we could insert any number of Charmers into this archetype:

1. The Ghostrick deck revolves around face-down monsters, and could defend ANY face-down monsters from harm, using their assist spells and traps especially their Field Spell Card, Ghostrick House. Therefore, if Ghostrick House is in play, face-down Charmers could not be targeted by attacks, and, if allowed, they could take control of a monster the opponent controls, and, possibly, could attack directly, and also might dispatch the controlled monster by tributing it for their Familiar-Possessed forms, which could do piercing damage to any face-down monster the opponent controls.

2. All Charmers are Level 3, and so they are good fodder for the Xyz Summon of the Ghostrick boss monster, Ghostrick Alucard. The Familiar-Possessed forms of the Charmers could be used for the Xyz Summon of another of the good assists for the Ghostrick deck, either Maestroke the Symphony Djinn or Wind-Up Zenmaister. The latter could be accelerated by using Dharc the Dark Charmer, since his Familiar-Possessed form could search for a Level 3 or 4 Spellcaster-type monster from the Deck, which could be Milla the Temporal Magician, which could spy out one of the Set cards of the opponent, making destroying using Alucard easier.

So, I am considering this deck to be formed IRL. Take note that I am using Dharc as the starting Charmer (partly because he is indeed my favorite Charmer of all, and partly because he is versatile).

Monsters(20):

2 Ghostrick Lantern
2 Ghostrick Specter
2 Witch of the Ghostrick
3 Yuki-onna of the Ghostrick
3 Ghostrick Jiangshi
2 Ghostrick Stein
2 Dharc the Dark Charmer
2 Familiar-Possessed - Dharc
2 Milla the Temporal Magician

Spells (10):

3 Ghostrick House
2 Terraforming
2 Book of Eclipse
2 Book of Life
1 Book of Moon
1 Pot of Avarice

Traps (10):

2 Ghostrick Out
3 Ghostrick Panic
1 Starlight Road
2 Spirit Barrier
2 DNA Transplant

Extra Deck:

3 Ghostrick Alucard
1 Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
1 Wind-Up Zenmaister
1 Wind-Up Zenmaines
1 Daigusto Emeral
1 Daigusto Phoenix
1 Armor Kappa
2 Judge Buster the Adjudicutting Djinn
1 Number 96: Dark Mist
1 Number 54: Lion Heart
1 Number 63: Shamoji Soldier
1 Mechquipped Angineer
Back to top Go down
ΛΔ
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
ΛΔ

Charmer Power : 2295
Favorite Charmer : Wynn

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a Ghostrick-Charmer Deck?   Ideas for a Ghostrick-Charmer Deck? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 4:37 am

I actually much prefer the designs of the Ghostrick archetype over the Charmers.

Same with Madolche.

B&
Back to top Go down
mercurian262144
New Charmer
New Charmer
mercurian262144

Character sheet
HP:
Ideas for a Ghostrick-Charmer Deck? Left_bar_bleue1500/2600Ideas for a Ghostrick-Charmer Deck? Empty_bar_bleue  (1500/2600)
MP:
Ideas for a Ghostrick-Charmer Deck? Left_bar_bleue500/2800Ideas for a Ghostrick-Charmer Deck? Empty_bar_bleue  (500/2800)

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a Ghostrick-Charmer Deck?   Ideas for a Ghostrick-Charmer Deck? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 5:30 am

I know that they are cute, but I think cuteness is relative.

So, what should be the edits made for this deck?
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
Hippocampus

Charmer Power : 582
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :
Ideas for a Ghostrick-Charmer Deck? 1658415264 Ideas for a Ghostrick-Charmer Deck? 3087721399Ideas for a Ghostrick-Charmer Deck? 1380831044

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
Ideas for a Ghostrick-Charmer Deck? Left_bar_bleue500/500Ideas for a Ghostrick-Charmer Deck? Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
Ideas for a Ghostrick-Charmer Deck? Left_bar_bleue200/200Ideas for a Ghostrick-Charmer Deck? Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a Ghostrick-Charmer Deck?   Ideas for a Ghostrick-Charmer Deck? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 9:13 pm

Hmm, after looking at the Ghostrick cards in detail, I don't really think they can mix with the Charmers that well. The monsters in particular seem to be more focused on their own archetype and have little in common with the strategies of the Charmers. I can see why one could splash Dharc in a Ghostrick deck, but summoning Familiar-Possessed Dharc doesn't seem to give much synergy to the deck for the following reasons:
1.Sending the Ghostrick monsters to the graveyard in that way would not activate their effects (because they need to be destroyed).
2. Dharc generally works best taking control of your opponent's monsters; otherwise, he's a -1, and not a very strong one at that.
3. It just causes you to add more cards that could clog your deck.

That being said, however, I do think Ghostrick House is an excellent card for the Charmers, like you mentioned, and Alucard will probably become an extra deck staple for a Charmer deck. So you're onto something with Ghostrick cards in a Charmer deck. I just don't think the other way around (Charmer cards in a Ghostrick deck) is all that effective.

Then again, I was looking at many of these cards just now for the first time, and I might be wrong about stuff :PIf you can actually make this work, then hey, you're awesome! lol
Back to top Go down
mercurian262144
New Charmer
New Charmer
mercurian262144

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a Ghostrick-Charmer Deck?   Ideas for a Ghostrick-Charmer Deck? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 12:53 am

I have already made it work, and it was somewhat a decent deck, making me win about 70% of my matches after this following rework(since I haven't acquired the newer booster packs yet):

+1 Ghostrick Lantern
+1 Ghostrick Specter
+1 Ghostrick Witch
-3 Ghostrick Yuki-Onna

-1 Terraforming
-2 Book of Eclipse
-2 Book of Life
+3 Swords of Concealing Light
+1 Rank-Up Magic Astral Force (obtained by trading)

+1 Ghostrick Vanish
-2 Spirit Barrier
+2 Needle Ceiling
+2 Dark Mirror Force

-1 Wind-Up Zenmaister
+1 Daigusto Emeral
-1 Daigusto Phoenix
-2 Djinn Buster
-1 Number 63: Shamoji Soldier
+1 Crimson Knight Vampire Bram
+1 Tiras the Keeper of Genesis
+1 Armor Kappa
+1 Slacker Magician
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a Ghostrick-Charmer Deck?   Ideas for a Ghostrick-Charmer Deck? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ideas for a Ghostrick-Charmer Deck?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh! :: Eria the Water Charmer and Gigobyte's Yu-Gi-Oh!-Related Hall :: Decks and Strategies-
Jump to: