Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmer Forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers. Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg because we're migrating!

Project Charmers

Go down 
+12
Misuka
Dally
Solid Snake
DoomsdayDharc
Kyokochan666
Kappa Tulen
Amirashika
Wiseman
Wynn
Eria
Kirikaze Fuuma
Runo
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Runo
Mod - Anti Sue Squad Leader
Runo

Charmer Power : 1852

Project Charmers Empty
PostSubject: Project Charmers   Project Charmers I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 7:05 am

Alright, so here we are ^^

This is actually an old project inspired by a screenshot posted by Kaze in YGOI. I was bored, an when I was going to clean my harddisk, I found this file again. Since I'm currently working on another project, this one is kinda abandoned for years, so my first thought is : Why not invite the whole community to develop it together? XD

The basic idea is, this is an RPG about Elemental Charmers in RMVX. Focused on the first four, I guess. So in this thread all of you can give your opinion about it, your ideas, or another suggestions that you think would be interesting to develop into an RPG. We don't need to make a "high level" type RPG, just think a simple one, but fresh enough as a game. Here's the thing :

1. Storyline.
This is the basic, and the important one. Most of any RPGs you ever play will tell you about :

a. Some heroes that save the world.
b. An evil king/queen/whatever that was sealed for thousand years has been released.
c. A quest, looking for a certain ancient relics or something like that.

Those are some cliche storylines in RPG, and we all must be bored to play the same game all day. Let's think about another fresh storylines, maybe we can figure out how those four meet at the first time, or any other idea. If we can develop their personalities that way, that would be great XD

2. Gameplay.
What kind of RPG we would develop? Action? First-person? Strategy? Or even simulation, like Harvest Moon? From there we also can make the suitable design for the game, such as what kind of battle would be developed, or character and world's design, type of magic they would use, etc.

3. Materials.
Another important thing. From character sprites (... still stuck here >.<;;; ), codes, monster designs, maps, sounds, and more. If there's anyone that could help in spriting, it would be nice ^^ I can work in mapping, and some codes are available too. We can talk about monster designs here. And for sounds, we can use any free BGMs for this game, though the original one is better XD

That's all for now. Yes, this is just for fun, and the game itself will be for free. Once it finished, we can put all names contributed in this project, then we can upload it here and send a link back to this thread. Let's make those Charmers popular, like this forum goals! XD

PS : Here is some screenshots about the game. These are just samples, but... how about it?

Project Charmers CRPG01

A monster in the night will eat Wynn alive. Run, Wynn-chan~
(Forgot to put the faceset, eww....)

Project Charmers CRPG02

Yes, Hii-tan. 500.000 Gold.
(Maybe I should make another version of her sprite for this, LOL)

Tell me you thoughts! ^^

Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier
Kirikaze Fuuma

Charmer Power : 5700
Favorite Charmer : Wynn
Badges :
Project Charmers GearfriedProject Charmers S-hai01

Character sheet
Name: Wynn
HP:
Project Charmers Left_bar_bleue280/280Project Charmers Empty_bar_bleue  (280/280)
MP:
Project Charmers Left_bar_bleue170/170Project Charmers Empty_bar_bleue  (170/170)

Project Charmers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 7:32 am

Hmm... let me try to make something. Maybe I can contribute the storyline.

This is spirit world. A world full of duel and fighting. And inside the spirit world, there are also world of light, and world of dark. World of light, there are four elements like fire, water, earth and wind + Light itself. While world of dark is... well... you know the element. These charmers, bears the spirit of elements which makes them able to control and communicate with certain creature with their own respective elements.

They are invited by Doriado to reunite the charmers since the charmers are from different location (Yes. They aren't in the same house). But the world was attacked by creature of the dark when the reunion is about to start. Doriado dies in the middle of the war and the killer is, Shadowpriestess of Ohm which knows Doriado's secret. But before Doriado dies, her spirit merged with nature. When charmers arrived, Doriado's house has been destroyed and they can only hear Doriado's message : 'Your dark destiny is about to begin'. Light and Darkness are absorbing each other : Chaos.

This is without Dharc and Lyna anyway. Since they were released on different booster, let's make them appear later.

Any other suggestion, anyone?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gransveld
Runo
Runo

Project Charmers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 7:56 am

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
This is spirit world. A world full of duel and fighting. And inside the spirit world, there are also world of light, and world of dark. World of light, there are four elements like fire, water, earth and wind + Light itself. While world of dark is... well... you know the element. These charmers, bears the spirit of elements which makes them able to control and communicate with certain creature with their own respective elements.

They are invited by Doriado to reunite the charmers since the charmers are from different location (Yes. They aren't in the same house). But the world was attacked by creature of the dark when the reunion is about to start. Doriado dies in the middle of the war and the killer is, Shadowpriestess of Ohm which knows Doriado's secret. But before Doriado dies, her spirit merged with nature. When charmers arrived, Doriado's house has been destroyed and they can only hear Doriado's message : 'Your dark destiny is about to begin'. Light and Darkness are absorbing each other : Chaos.

Now that was an interesting idea XDDD

So they were came from different places... Wait, do they know each other before they meet there? If not, that can be developed into another idea : How these people can get along. That could lead into a scene where one charmer arguing with another one because of their own idealism XD

Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier
Kirikaze Fuuma

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
Project Charmers Left_bar_bleue280/280Project Charmers Empty_bar_bleue  (280/280)
MP:
Project Charmers Left_bar_bleue170/170Project Charmers Empty_bar_bleue  (170/170)

Project Charmers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 8:01 am

Runo wrote:
Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:

Now that was an interesting idea XDDD

So they were came from different places... Wait, do they know each other before they meet there? If not, that can be developed into another idea : How these people can get along. That could lead into a scene where one charmer arguing with another one because of their own idealism XD

They are Doriado's disciples when they are child. Doriado was interested with their talent and decided to take care and train them. There, they become friends. They have their own problem, history, and happiness together while in Doriado's care. After they are big enough, Doriado allowed them to take a journey in order to improve themselves and find their own path.
Back to top Go down
Runo
Runo

Project Charmers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:12 pm

Could work, hmm.... I'm curious about some parts, like...

1. Why did Ohm killed Doriado. If she killed Doriado because of she know her secret, what kind of secret Doriado has? If she has a solid reason why she did that, then maybe we can assume that she's not really that bad XD

>>> This will be a spoiler, I guess. If you want to keep it, you can PM me about that, Kiri ^^

2. Where and how Doriado met those Charmers at the first place, and why she decided to take care of them. Did they already showed their talent (perhaps without they realized about it, and Doriado saw it? Like, for example, Eria accidentally controlled water when she's almost drowned?) since they were little? Maybe we can also expand it to those 4's past that way XD

And another thing, what is the main plot? Since it's kinda old if they must defeat an evil king or something like that, what if it's about internal problem between those Charmers? I'm thinking like that after you said,

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
They have their own problem, history, and happiness together while in Doriado's care. After they are big enough, Doriado allowed them to take a journey in order to improve themselves and find their own path.

Different history and problem, then it means different point of views and goals. There must be a clash between them if one charmer doesn't agree with another charmer's opinion (somehow I imagined that will between Eria and Hiita >.<). What do you think?

Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier
Kirikaze Fuuma

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

Project Charmers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 1:02 am

Runo wrote:
Could work, hmm.... I'm curious about some parts, like...

1. Why did Ohm killed Doriado. If she killed Doriado because of she know her secret, what kind of secret Doriado has? If she has a solid reason why she did that, then maybe we can assume that she's not really that bad XD

>>> This will be a spoiler, I guess. If you want to keep it, you can PM me about that, Kiri ^^

2. Where and how Doriado met those Charmers at the first place, and why she decided to take care of them. Did they already showed their talent (perhaps without they realized about it, and Doriado saw it? Like, for example, Eria accidentally controlled water when she's almost drowned?) since they were little? Maybe we can also expand it to those 4's past that way XD

And another thing, what is the main plot? Since it's kinda old if they must defeat an evil king or something like that, what if it's about internal problem between those Charmers? I'm thinking like that after you said,

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
They have their own problem, history, and happiness together while in Doriado's care. After they are big enough, Doriado allowed them to take a journey in order to improve themselves and find their own path.

Different history and problem, then it means different point of views and goals. There must be a clash between them if one charmer doesn't agree with another charmer's opinion (somehow I imagined that will between Eria and Hiita >.<). What do you think?

Question number one has been PM'ed. If any of you has a suggestion for a story for this RPG, feel free to post it here or if you're interested to develop a story and read about the answer from Question number 1, PM me so we can discuss it together. But for those who just want to play the game, my suggestion is, don't ask for the plot any further since it will become a big spoiler and the game would no longer fun.

As for Question number 2 :

Doriado realized there's a potential inside the charmers. We are talking about certain humans who can control ANYTHING which has the same element with them. Doriado met these kids when they are using their power either to communicate with monsters with the same element or while they are protecting themselves (Feel free to develop this more). Doriado realized, there are some similarities with the kids she met and she realized, this kind of power shouldn't be used by wrong hands and decided to take care of them to prevent those things from happening. They grew up together for several years, cried, laugh, facing the same problem together, and that happens until they fully controlled the highest magic : Familiar Possessed State and Their own Spiritual Arts.

If you think 'defeat the evil king to save the world' theme is too basic (Yes... what a Dragon Quest type story...) then the opponent is.... Lightsworn. Project Charmers Haermm
Back to top Go down
Eria
Admin - Water Charmer
Eria

Charmer Power : 6524
Favorite Charmer : Eria
Badges :
Project Charmers 28X2ifc

Character sheet
Name: Eria
HP:
Project Charmers Left_bar_bleue300/300Project Charmers Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)
MP:
Project Charmers Left_bar_bleue150/150Project Charmers Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

Project Charmers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:41 am

How about making the entire world is full of NPC that's already exist in the cards, so there's no random people?

Example:
- Weapon Shop: owned by Iron Blacksmith Kotetsu
- Magic Shop: owned by Magician of Faith/Enchanter
- Herbs/Potion/Item Shop: Dian Keto..... or anything else....
- Inn: Mystical Elf, Stern Mystic....

Another random NPCs in street or house, can include Goblins, Amazoness, those people from Huge Revolution series, Sand Gambler/Gambler of Legend in a bar, Exiled Force, any random warrior/spellcaster, etc

Also, for items/equipment, would be good if we have some of them from existed cards, like Blue Medicine, Goblin Secret Remedy, Scroll of Bewitchment, Steel Shell, etc, or even fragments of Pot of Greed (from the card Fragment of Greed) that can be collected and if you get all of the fragments you'll get a bonus.

For Skills/Magic, we can also use from the existed cards, like a buffing skill Invigoration for Aussa, attack spell Water Hazard for Eria, Hinotama for Hiita, Mystical Space Typhoon for Wynn, etc (just examples)

I'm thinking the use of existed cards would make the Yugioh theme there becomes more interesting. So, even they're useless for duel at least we can have good use of them in this project.
Back to top Go down
http://charmer-yugioh.vampire-legend.com
Wynn
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer
Wynn

Charmer Power : 2548
Badges :
Project Charmers 414547

Project Charmers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 10:30 am

Question, when this starts is it gonna be talking roleplay or our you guys gonna have an online videogame going?
The pictures make me think videogame.
Back to top Go down
http://andromon1217.deviantart.com/
Runo
Runo

Project Charmers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:21 pm

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
Question number one has been PM'ed. If any of you has a suggestion for a story for this RPG, feel free to post it here or if you're interested to develop a story and read about the answer from Question number 1, PM me so we can discuss it together. But for those who just want to play the game, my suggestion is, don't ask for the plot any further since it will become a big spoiler and the game would no longer fun.

As for Question number 2 :

Doriado realized there's a potential inside the charmers. We are talking about certain humans who can control ANYTHING which has the same element with them. Doriado met these kids when they are using their power either to communicate with monsters with the same element or while they are protecting themselves (Feel free to develop this more). Doriado realized, there are some similarities with the kids she met and she realized, this kind of power shouldn't be used by wrong hands and decided to take care of them to prevent those things from happening. They grew up together for several years, cried, laugh, facing the same problem together, and that happens until they fully controlled the highest magic : Familiar Possessed State and Their own Spiritual Arts.

If you think 'defeat the evil king to save the world' theme is too basic (Yes... what a Dragon Quest type story...) then the opponent is.... Lightsworn. Project Charmers Haermm

LOL, that reminds me of another story I ever read before, that reversed the role between Light and Dark. Interesting, Kiri XDDD

And from the whole plot you've sent... Maybe we can start the script from Wynn. Mind if I ask you about her dialogues? What would she say when she meet a certain condition, what she think, and such. I'll PM you the details XD

Eria wrote:
How about making the entire world is full of NPC that's already exist in the cards, so there's no random people?

Example:
- Weapon Shop: owned by Iron Blacksmith Kotetsu
- Magic Shop: owned by Magician of Faith/Enchanter
- Herbs/Potion/Item Shop: Dian Keto..... or anything else....
- Inn: Mystical Elf, Stern Mystic....

Another random NPCs in street or house, can include Goblins, Amazoness, those people from Huge Revolution series, Sand Gambler/Gambler of Legend in a bar, Exiled Force, any random warrior/spellcaster, etc

Also, for items/equipment, would be good if we have some of them from existed cards, like Blue Medicine, Goblin Secret Remedy, Scroll of Bewitchment, Steel Shell, etc, or even fragments of Pot of Greed (from the card Fragment of Greed) that can be collected and if you get all of the fragments you'll get a bonus.

For Skills/Magic, we can also use from the existed cards, like a buffing skill Invigoration for Aussa, attack spell Water Hazard for Eria, Hinotama for Hiita, Mystical Space Typhoon for Wynn, etc (just examples)

I'm thinking the use of existed cards would make the Yugioh theme there becomes more interesting. So, even they're useless for duel at least we can have good use of them in this project.

Ah, that's good idea! XDDD

That means more works in spriting, but that was interesting. The pure YGO theme will make the game theme sooo Charmer-ish XD Let's see if we can edit some sprites to be like YGO's existing monster cards. And I'll need your help to list the suitable skills for them too >.< Your examples already good enough, seems fit them well XD

Wynn wrote:
Question, when this starts is it gonna be talking roleplay or our you guys gonna have an online videogame going?
The pictures make me think videogame.

Yes, Wynn. This is about videogame development XD An Elemental Charmers RPG, to be precise. Here,

Quote :
The basic idea is, this is an RPG about Elemental Charmers in RMVX.

But, no. This is not an online videogame >.< (even though that would be awesome if we can make it go online XD). Just a simple game in RMVX. If you interested to take a part in this project, feel free to put your suggestions ^^

Back to top Go down
Wynn
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer
Wynn

Charmer Power : 2548
Badges :
Project Charmers 414547

Project Charmers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 12:33 am

What is RMVX???
Back to top Go down
http://andromon1217.deviantart.com/
Runo
Runo

Project Charmers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:32 am

Wynn wrote:
What is RMVX???

This is actually oneliner, Wynn. But.... oh, well. Taken from Wikipedia,

Quote :
RMVX, or RPG Maker VX is the latest program from the PC RPG Maker series developed by Enterbrain. RPG Maker is a program that allows users to create their own role-playing video games. Most versions include a tile set based map editor, (tilesets are called chipsets in pre-XP versions), a simple scripting language for scripting events, and a battle editor. All versions include initial premade tilesets, characters, and events which can be used in creating new games. One feature of the PC Versions of RPG Maker programs is that a user can create new tilesets and characters, and add any new graphics he/she wants.

You can read more about it here and here. Or more info about it, in RPG Maker Official Site, here. The trial version is free for 30 days, then you can purchase it for $60.00. Google is your best friend, buddy XD

And now, to prevent OOT in this thread, do you guys have any idea about the opening scene of this project? XD

Back to top Go down
Wiseman
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Wiseman

Charmer Power : 1364
Badges :
Project Charmers Kuribo02 Project Charmers 6229305_m

Project Charmers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:05 pm

Interesting, i have test some rpg makers in the past, you can do the map like in finnal fantasy 1, where the player goes out of a city or dungeon it comes directly to the map and travels around with random encounters unlty it get's to another city/dungeon, like in Golden Sun to.

It will be a battle by turns like game right?
Back to top Go down
http://thefarsouth.blogspot.com/
Runo
Runo

Project Charmers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:20 pm

Wiseman wrote:
Interesting, i have test some rpg makers in the past, you can do the map like in finnal fantasy 1, where the player goes out of a city or dungeon it comes directly to the map and travels around with random encounters unlty it get's to another city/dungeon, like in Golden Sun to.

Yup ^^ And about your suggestion, maybe we can try a script to enable encounters on map. Let's see if it can work or not. As for that, do you guys have an idea about the world map? I have some questions here :

1. How big it was, and how it look like? Does it take a form of one big continent, like pangea? Or there was small islands too?

2. Which field spells we can use here? The first place you can find on the map is Endymion, and since the card art itself showed us that it surrounded by forest, maybe we can put The Black Forest near it? Or just a normal Forest field spell?

3. According to point number 2, what kind of monster cards we can put for map encounters? Like, for one, when the player go from Endymion towards the Black Forest? >.<

These questions will determine which characters we can put to the game, so feel free to put your suggestions! ^^

Back to top Go down
Wiseman
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Wiseman

Badges :

Project Charmers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 11:17 am

Runo wrote:
Wiseman wrote:

Yup ^^ And about your suggestion, maybe we can try a script to enable encounters on map. Let's see if it can work or not. As for that, do you guys have an idea about the world map? I have some questions here :

1. How big it was, and how it look like? Does it take a form of one big continent, like pangea? Or there was small islands too?

2. Which field spells we can use here? The first place you can find on the map is Endymion, and since the card art itself showed us that it surrounded by forest, maybe we can put The Black Forest near it? Or just a normal Forest field spell?

3. According to point number 2, what kind of monster cards we can put for map encounters? Like, for one, when the player go from Endymion towards the Black Forest? >.<

These questions will determine which characters we can put to the game, so feel free to put your suggestions! ^^

1_ With only one continent will be enough.
2_ No spells, in the field map the only item's that can afect the players actions are the citys and dungeons. Maeby a spell of transportation but just that. The spell's work on combat and inside of mini-maps where you can open locked doors, pull heaby objects and read peoples minds.
3_ The map must have all the climates and hazzards of nature, in the golden sun the only desert of the continet was a prety hard dungeon and in pokemon there is always a dark forest. Random encounters can be easy programmed with tools of rpg maker, you can select the kind of monster and the level. If we remember the first season of yu-gi-oh the monster where classify by field cards, we can start creating an ecology from that.
Back to top Go down
Runo
Runo

Project Charmers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 8:16 pm

Wiseman wrote:
1_ With only one continent will be enough.
2_ No spells, in the field map the only item's that can afect the players actions are the citys and dungeons. Maeby a spell of transportation but just that. The spell's work on combat and inside of mini-maps where you can open locked doors, pull heaby objects and read peoples minds.
3_ The map must have all the climates and hazzards of nature, in the golden sun the only desert of the continet was a prety hard dungeon and in pokemon there is always a dark forest. Random encounters can be easy programmed with tools of rpg maker, you can select the kind of monster and the level. If we remember the first season of yu-gi-oh the monster where classify by field cards, we can start creating an ecology from that.

Alright, one continent for the world map XD Or if any member has another idea, I'll be glad to hear about it ^^

As for question number 2 and 3.... I think there's a little misunderstanding here XD;;;

The field spell I was talking about is the field spell cards in YGO. So we can use the existing cards as the setting in the game, and player can go the a certain places like "The Secret Village of the Spellcasters", or "The Magical Citadel of Endymion", and such. Maybe some place will affect some skills, or will determine what kind of encounters will appear.

Anyway, it's also not limited to field spell cards XD;;; There are some monster cards that can treated as a location, like "Castle of Dark Illusions". Since it's original effect is to buffing all Zombie-type cards, then maybe we can put the graveyard below this floating castle, and all encounters there are Zombie-type monsters, like Skull Servant, Wightmare, or even Pumpking the King of Ghosts (idea suggested by Eria). What do you think?

Sorry if my previous post seems confusing ^^;;; By this, we can make this game with pure YGO theme, but still focused on those Charmers, as suggested by Eria in this thread XD But, yes. I'm agree with the first season of YGO, it could be a good reference ^^

Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier
Kirikaze Fuuma

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

Project Charmers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 7:50 am

Runo wrote:

1. How big it was, and how it look like? Does it take a form of one big continent, like Pangaea? Or there was small islands too?

1.) I think one continent is enough. There is a lot of archetype and monsters in spirit world and I think one big continent consists of many countries is enough as a setting for the RPG. Few archipelagos would be a great addition too.

2.) The very first field spell...... Yami. Project Charmers Haermm

...Just kidding. I think Magical Citadel of Endymion but in the countryside area or remote area inside the citadel. That could be the suitable for the beginning of game.

And, we don't have to be focused on Field Spell for your reference. We can use Spell or Trap Cards too. Like, Forgotten Temple of the Deep, or, that kingdom where this king reigns. Of course, there are other Trap Cards we still haven't explored yet. That depends on your research. Project Charmers Wink

3.) Around Magical Citadel... maybe I can give you few suggestion. Anti-Aircraft Flower, Rafflesia Seduction, Skellenger, Hour Glass of Courage, Blast Asmodian, Acid Crawler, Genin, etc. Even Random Giant Orc might be a good choice. But, if you want to put Giant Orc, try to make it not attack again for 2 turns after he attacked. But a single attack could kill one of your party member if their level is way too low. Project Charmers Wink

I think you can find more reference by searching in DN. Just filter the monsters with these category :

a.) Level < 3
b.) Normal Monsters.

These monsters are suitable for the beginning of game since they are not so powerful.
Back to top Go down
Wiseman
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Wiseman

Badges :

Project Charmers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 4:36 pm

O yeah, field cards can be dungeons and cityes, it's most likely we made all the proper names, monsters, spells and such with original YGO! cards.
Back to top Go down
Amirashika
New Charmer
New Charmer
Amirashika

Charmer Power : 1037

Project Charmers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 3:59 pm

I think I have a sugestion, for gameplay. Let's say the Charmers have a sidequest (some time after the start, IDK how to make it fit with the current story) to find their familiars: Gigobyte, Fox Fire, Archfiend Marmot and Petit Dragon. I suppose Lyna and Dharc will be in this story as well, but they appear later.
I say they already have their familiar when they join. Also, I had an idea about Dharc, but I think it's a spoiler so who do I private message?

In battle the familiar can be summoned and gives a boost to all the Charmers, I'll think later in exactly which one does what. Then, they can go into training and master the Familiar-Possessed form, where the Charmer becomes more powerful.

Oh, I also thought about Lyna, so I'll tell that part in the PM as well.
Back to top Go down
Runo
Runo

Project Charmers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 9:09 pm

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
1.) I think one continent is enough. There is a lot of archetype and monsters in spirit world and I think one big continent consists of many countries is enough as a setting for the RPG. Few archipelagos would be a great addition too.

2.) The very first field spell...... Yami. Project Charmers Haermm

...Just kidding. I think Magical Citadel of Endymion but in the countryside area or remote area inside the citadel. That could be the suitable for the beginning of game.

And, we don't have to be focused on Field Spell for your reference. We can use Spell or Trap Cards too. Like, Forgotten Temple of the Deep, or, that kingdom where this king reigns. Of course, there are other Trap Cards we still haven't explored yet. That depends on your research. Project Charmers Wink

3.) Around Magical Citadel... maybe I can give you few suggestion. Anti-Aircraft Flower, Rafflesia Seduction, Skellenger, Hour Glass of Courage, Blast Asmodian, Acid Crawler, Genin, etc. Even Random Giant Orc might be a good choice. But, if you want to put Giant Orc, try to make it not attack again for 2 turns after he attacked. But a single attack could kill one of your party member if their level is way too low. Project Charmers Wink

I think you can find more reference by searching in DN. Just filter the monsters with these category :

a.) Level < 3
b.) Normal Monsters.

These monsters are suitable for the beginning of game since they are not so powerful.

Ah, you're right. I forgot that some Trap cards can be used too XD;;; And that was what I'm talking about monster encounter XDDD Which monster would appear, and their kind of attack, etc. That's a great help, Kiri. Thank you XDDD

Wiseman wrote:
O yeah, field cards can be dungeons and cityes, it's most likely we made all the proper names, monsters, spells and such with original YGO! cards.

Yup ^^

And the next question is... how much cities we would put in this game, and which ones they are? Because more place to go means more data in Graphic (and Audio) folder, and it will make the game size become bigger as well XD;;; And since the RPG Maker's compression limit is 128MB, there should be another solution if we want to make a game with a long span of storyline, so we can put more maps in it x__x

Amirashika wrote:
I think I have a sugestion, for gameplay. Let's say the Charmers have a sidequest (some time after the start, IDK how to make it fit with the current story) to find their familiars: Gigobyte, Fox Fire, Archfiend Marmot and Petit Dragon. I suppose Lyna and Dharc will be in this story as well, but they appear later.
I say they already have their familiar when they join. Also, I had an idea about Dharc, but I think it's a spoiler so who do I private message?

In battle the familiar can be summoned and gives a boost to all the Charmers, I'll think later in exactly which one does what. Then, they can go into training and master the Familiar-Possessed form, where the Charmer becomes more powerful.

Oh, I also thought about Lyna, so I'll tell that part in the PM as well.

You can PM me about that ^^

And a sidequest to find their familiars... I'm curious about this XDDD Maybe we can set it to a flashback? So it's around the time when they are still learning with Doriado, and player will get that sidequest when those charmers were little or something. I would like to hear your idea about this sidequest ^^ (and your idea about that storyline and gameplay too, if you don't mind to explain the details about it XD;;; )

Back to top Go down
Amirashika
New Charmer
New Charmer
Amirashika

Charmer Power : 1037

Project Charmers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:15 pm

About gameplay I thought of this:

Each Charmer has 3 magical attacks (maybe not in the beginning, to make the game fair):
-Normal Magic
-Their Element (Hiita= Fire, Wynn= Wind, etc)
-The Element they are strong against (This one I am unsure) OR Heal

Now this element thing may go like this:

Water>Fire>Wind>Earth>Dark>Light>Water

So Eria will use Normal, Water and Fire OR Heal

Now the familiars will boost their powers this way:

- Archfiend Marmot will boost DEF
-Gigobyte will boost Critical
-Petit Dragon will boost Evade (I don't know if you are using this and Critical in battle, so it may change)
-Fox Fire will boost Hit
-Meda Bat will boost ATK
-Happy Lover will boost Heal (Heal will heal more)

Also, each charmer gains a bonus for using their element, like in Pokemon, where using a move of the same type makes it do 1.5 damage instead of 1.

After a certain story point the Charmers may go into Familiar-Possessed form, except Lyna (because her Familiar-Possessed form has not been released yet).
This will make them more powerful individually, but the boost their familiar gave to the whole team will not be available while they are in that form, also it takes two turns to achieve it "Summon Familiar, Possess"
Back to top Go down
Wiseman
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Wiseman

Badges :

Project Charmers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 11:13 am

There are alread a game that has a gameplay about elemental magic with some chibi-monster as bost, and thats golden sun, we should look that game for some aid.

Also i propose that the numbers of cityes/dungeons must be 8 or less, it's has bee settle in pokemon and it has work since then.
Back to top Go down
Runo
Runo

Project Charmers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 11:15 pm

Amirashika wrote:
About gameplay I thought of this:

Each Charmer has 3 magical attacks (maybe not in the beginning, to make the game fair):
-Normal Magic
-Their Element (Hiita= Fire, Wynn= Wind, etc)
-The Element they are strong against (This one I am unsure) OR Heal

Now this element thing may go like this:

Water>Fire>Wind>Earth>Dark>Light>Water

So Eria will use Normal, Water and Fire OR Heal

Now the familiars will boost their powers this way:

- Archfiend Marmot will boost DEF
-Gigobyte will boost Critical
-Petit Dragon will boost Evade (I don't know if you are using this and Critical in battle, so it may change)
-Fox Fire will boost Hit
-Meda Bat will boost ATK
-Happy Lover will boost Heal (Heal will heal more)

Also, each charmer gains a bonus for using their element, like in Pokemon, where using a move of the same type makes it do 1.5 damage instead of 1.

After a certain story point the Charmers may go into Familiar-Possessed form, except Lyna (because her Familiar-Possessed form has not been released yet).
This will make them more powerful individually, but the boost their familiar gave to the whole team will not be available while they are in that form, also it takes two turns to achieve it "Summon Familiar, Possess"

Ah, I think this could fit with the current concept. I'll add more things in it, then XD

Anyway, I've got your PM, and I like your idea about Dharc. That was cool indeed XDDD Thanks for contributing, Amirashika! ^^

Wiseman wrote:
There are alread a game that has a gameplay about elemental magic with some chibi-monster as bost, and thats golden sun, we should look that game for some aid.

Also i propose that the numbers of cityes/dungeons must be 8 or less, it's has bee settle in pokemon and it has work since then.

I haven't play Golden Sun >.<;;; But I'll looking for more info about that game, then. Who knows we can get new idea from there XD And only 8 or less places to go in game... could work, I guess. Thanks, Wiseman ^^

Ok, now back to work. I'll upload the first demo once I finished with the first part later XD If there's anyone who wants to give more ideas to this project, I'll be glad to hear about it ^^

EDIT : I almost forgot... >.<

1. Do you guys have any idea about a narration we should put in the opening scene? You know, when you play a game, then there are some texts rolling up while the screen keep blank or something. I just need a simple scene before transfer the player to the next place XD

2. And more important thing : Any idea about this game's title?

Back to top Go down
Kirikaze Fuuma
Mod - Kaze no Soldier
Kirikaze Fuuma

Badges :

Character sheet
HP:
MP:

Project Charmers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 11:46 pm

Runo wrote:
EDIT : I almost forgot... >.<

1. Do you guys have any idea about a narration we should put in the opening scene? You know, when you play a game, then there are some texts rolling up while the screen keep blank or something. I just need a simple scene before transfer the player to the next place XD

2. And more important thing : Any idea about this game's title?

1. For the narration, I'll PM you later when I got the intro. I'm thinking of a good narration for the RPG. The problem is, I'm a Fighting Game fans. Not RPG. I rarely play an RPG and I'm very inexperienced when it comes to make something like this (And even the plain Megaman Legends Intro always stuck in my head. Duh...)

2. As for Game's title... I wish I could make one. I'm not really good at making a title too, actually. Duel Spirit RPG, Monster Charm (WTF is this name?!), or Charmer's Life (Now that's low, Kirikaze). The best name I can think of is, Charmer Chronicles. But if you have any suggestion for the name, please let us know. Sorry for my bad naming sense, anyway. Project Charmers Frown

EDIT : Runo, I already PM'ed you. Check it out.
Back to top Go down
Runo
Runo

Project Charmers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 12:29 am

Kirikaze Fuuma wrote:
1. For the narration, I'll PM you later when I got the intro. I'm thinking of a good narration for the RPG. The problem is, I'm a Fighting Game fans. Not RPG. I rarely play an RPG and I'm very inexperienced when it comes to make something like this (And even the plain Megaman Legends Intro always stuck in my head. Duh...)

2. As for Game's title... I wish I could make one. I'm not really good at making a title too, actually. Duel Spirit RPG, Monster Charm (WTF is this name?!), or Charmer's Life (Now that's low, Kirikaze). The best name I can think of is, Charmer Chronicles. But if you have any suggestion for the name, please let us know. Sorry for my bad naming sense, anyway. Project Charmers Frown

EDIT : Runo, I already PM'ed you. Check it out.

I got it XD Maybe I'll fix some part again, but overall it's seems suit with the whole storyline. Thanks, Kiri ^^ If any member wants to contribute in this part as well, I'll be waiting for it ^^

For the title... I don't have any idea too, actually XD;;; That's why I leave the title to all of you. Once we got the title, I can start working on the game's logo, and we can decide the suitable design for that XD

Back to top Go down
Kappa Tulen
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Kappa Tulen

Charmer Power : 1494
Badges :
Project Charmers Shiningfri-1

Project Charmers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 2:54 am

Wow, this sure is Interesting. Shocked

If possible, I would like to help with this, but I'm an amateur at this kind of stuff, and dunno how much I can help. Embarassed

At the very least, I guess I try giving some game title. Sorry if it is bad.

Charm of Element; Chronicle of the Six Element (Or four if Dharc and Lyna isn't counted)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Project Charmers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Charmers   Project Charmers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Project Charmers
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next