Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmer Forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers. Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg because we're migrating!

OFFICIAL Exceed Summon mechanic

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Joan's Guardian
Junior Charmer
Junior Charmer
Joan's Guardian

Charmer Power : 1222

Character sheet
Name: Joan
HP:
OFFICIAL Exceed Summon mechanic Left_bar_bleue300/300OFFICIAL Exceed Summon mechanic Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)
MP:
OFFICIAL Exceed Summon mechanic Left_bar_bleue700/700OFFICIAL Exceed Summon mechanic Empty_bar_bleue  (700/700)

OFFICIAL Exceed Summon mechanic Empty
PostSubject: OFFICIAL Exceed Summon mechanic   OFFICIAL Exceed Summon mechanic I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 3:10 am

Wow.
Everybody was waaaaaaaaaaaaay to off on the new game mechanic.

http://manjyomethunder.twoday.net/stories/8470406/

Exceeds Monsters and Exceeds Summoning:
- Exceeds Monsters are coloured black, and reside in the Extra Deck.
- Instead of a Level, they have a Rank. This Rank is depicted as a row of stars extending from the left-hand side of the card (opposite to where the Level is normally depicted).

Exceed Summoning:
- In order to Exceeds Summon an Exceeds Monster, first you must take the required Exceeds Material Monsters face-up on your side of the field and stack them together. Then, the Exceeds Monster is Exceeds Summoned from the Extra Deck, and placed on top of the stack.
- An Exceeds Summon counts as a Special Summon.
- 'Removing' an Exceeds Material Monster stacked beneath an Exceeds Monster means to pick it up and send it to the Graveyard.
- Some cards have effects that manipulate the Exceeds Material Monsters stacked beneath an Exceed Monster. Usually though these effects come with a sting in the tail should all of an Exceed Monster's Exceed Material Monsters be used up this way, so use them wisely.

And as an example:
OFFICIAL Exceed Summon mechanic 041fj
YSD6-JP041 No. 39, Aspiring Emperor Hope
LIGHT/Warrior - Exceeds - Effect/Rank 4/2500/2000
2x Level 4 monsters
When your or your opponent declares an attack with a monster, you can activate this effect by removing 1 of this card's Exceeds Material Monster. Negate that monster's attack. When this card without Exceeds Material Monster is selected as attack target, it is destroyed.

Looks promising.

More examples:
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gachigachi_Gantetsu
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gurensaurus
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/No._17_Revise_Dragon
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Vylon_Disigma

So they have no build-in Protection, but they now live inside your Extra Deck, meaning you don't have to draw into them in order to use them.
I'm liking this new engine, but the only monster that I found actually worth the effort is Hope, due it's Summon conditions, ATK/DEF stats and a reasonable decent effect.

Discuss and welcome our new game mechanic.
Back to top Go down
DHeroDogma
New Charmer
New Charmer
DHeroDogma

Charmer Power : 1019

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
OFFICIAL Exceed Summon mechanic Left_bar_bleue300/300OFFICIAL Exceed Summon mechanic Empty_bar_bleue  (300/300)
MP:
OFFICIAL Exceed Summon mechanic Left_bar_bleue150/150OFFICIAL Exceed Summon mechanic Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL Exceed Summon mechanic   OFFICIAL Exceed Summon mechanic I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 5:22 pm

The new card frame looks awesome. I do see Gravekeeper's having some play with Exceeds, since I never see them use Synchros. Spy makes No. 39 easy to Summon, lol. I was also wondering before this info was released that if Exceed can use themselves for another Exceed and have their Materials used for the new Exceed, but seeing that Rank is used instead of Level, I guess that answers my question.
I was also hoping that the new character's trump card was something other than an already used Attribute and Type, seeing Jaden has that already, but oh well. Still looks awesome to play.
I'm gonna probably buy the Starter Deck when it comes out for this guy.
Back to top Go down
Skyblade LV12
Intermediate Charmer
Intermediate Charmer
Skyblade LV12

Charmer Power : 1838

Character sheet
Name: Skyblade the Elemental Charmer
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL Exceed Summon mechanic   OFFICIAL Exceed Summon mechanic I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 9:17 pm

This looks pretty cool. But it brings a complicated spin to things. But at least it is something understandable. Hope to see it on the field soon.
Back to top Go down
DHeroDogma
New Charmer
New Charmer
DHeroDogma

Charmer Power : 1019

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
MP:
OFFICIAL Exceed Summon mechanic Left_bar_bleue150/150OFFICIAL Exceed Summon mechanic Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL Exceed Summon mechanic   OFFICIAL Exceed Summon mechanic I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 2:28 pm

So, new info has been released on them.
-Tokens cannot be used, but Trap Monsters can, which makes things more balanced.
-They keep the Materials, even when flipped. Book of Moon was only limited because of Priority changed.
-If their Summon is negated, the Materials return to their original position, I believe.
-The monsters used for the Materials are no longer treated as monsters, so Plaguespreader, Bridman, are not removed from play from their own effects or by Dimensional Fissure, but can be removed by Macros Cosmos. Also, they are not treated as on the field, so Sangan's effect doesn't work, but Dandylion does, since Dandy doesn't have to be sent to the Grave from the field.
-And obviously, if the Exceed is removed from the field, the Materials are sent to the Grave.

Disigma and that new Level 5 Exceed are beast. Along with Zenmeister for the Mainspring with his Book of Moon effect. These guys look so amazing. Do want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL Exceed Summon mechanic   OFFICIAL Exceed Summon mechanic I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL Exceed Summon mechanic
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh! :: Eria the Water Charmer and Gigobyte's Yu-Gi-Oh!-Related Hall :: Card Discussions and Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG/OCG Discussions-
Jump to: