Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh!

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Charmer Forum dedicated for the fans of Elemental Charmers. Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join our discord at https://discord.gg/mGBj8pg because we're migrating!

New Extra Deck Monster Type: Nightvision

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
minimania
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer
minimania

Charmer Power : 1189
Favorite Charmer : Wynn

Character sheet
Name: Melanie And Situa Yukara
HP:
New Extra Deck Monster Type: Nightvision Left_bar_bleue1000/1000New Extra Deck Monster Type: Nightvision Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)
MP:
New Extra Deck Monster Type: Nightvision Left_bar_bleue1000/1000New Extra Deck Monster Type: Nightvision Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

New Extra Deck Monster Type: Nightvision Empty
PostSubject: New Extra Deck Monster Type: Nightvision   New Extra Deck Monster Type: Nightvision I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 10:01 pm

I made a thread about this on the other forum, and I'd like to make a thread here, just because Razz

New Extra Deck Monster Type: Nightvision 2nq9tmd
Nightvision Ninja
When this card is Nightvision Summoned, gain 1000 Life Points. Once per turn, you can flip a monster used as a Nightvision Material in your Deck face-down. Then shuffle your Deck.

To Nightvision Summon is really easy. First, you must have the specified Materials on the field, and they must have the same Attribute as the Nightvision Monster itself. For example, to Nightvision Summon the ninja up their, the materials must be LIGHT. Once you have these on the field, send all the mentioned Extra Deck Monster materials to the Extra Deck face-down, and any non-Extra Deck Monster to your Main Deck, face-up. If the other material you used is an Extra Deck Material, and that was not specified as the second material, banish them instead. If you cannot, just return them to the Extra Deck face-down.

Nightvision Monsters do not have a Level or Rank, and cannot be treated as if they do.

When you draw into a Nightvision Material face-up, nothing really happens. Just flip it so that it's facing the same way as the rest of your Hand, then shuffle your Hand.

Yeah, I just copied/pasted myself.
http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/328011-new-extra-deck-monster-nightvision/
I put a note at the bottom proving it's me.
Back to top Go down
Hippocampus
Mod - Friendly Neighborhood Garbage Collector
Hippocampus

Charmer Power : 582
Badges :
New Extra Deck Monster Type: Nightvision 1658415264 New Extra Deck Monster Type: Nightvision 3087721399New Extra Deck Monster Type: Nightvision 1380831044

Character sheet
Name: Theodore Tsakiris
HP:
New Extra Deck Monster Type: Nightvision Left_bar_bleue500/500New Extra Deck Monster Type: Nightvision Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
MP:
New Extra Deck Monster Type: Nightvision Left_bar_bleue200/200New Extra Deck Monster Type: Nightvision Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

PostSubject: Re: New Extra Deck Monster Type: Nightvision   New Extra Deck Monster Type: Nightvision I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 8:20 pm

Pretty sure I'm the only one on Charmers Forum who frequents YCM anymore.
Anyway, I fixed your image tag, since you used the wrong code (it wasn't showing up on here before). How did you do that filter? Looks sick.

So if I'm understanding this mechanic right, it's like Synchro Summoning only returning the Synchro materials back to the Deck instead of sending them to the graveyard. It's actually a balanced mechanic given the metagame today, but I'm not a fan of the whole "no level/rank" thing. Also since the Nightvision material turns back to normal once you draw it, I don't see the point of your card's OPT effect then. Unless for whatever reason you can't search for or special summon Nightvision materials, which would be silly imo.

It's a really cool concept, but you'd honestly need to present a little bit more support to see how effective it could be.
Back to top Go down
minimania
Beginner Charmer
Beginner Charmer
minimania

Charmer Power : 1189

Character sheet
Name: Melanie And Situa Yukara
HP:
MP:

PostSubject: Re: New Extra Deck Monster Type: Nightvision   New Extra Deck Monster Type: Nightvision I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 9:34 pm

Hippocampus wrote:
Pretty sure I'm the only one on Charmers Forum who frequents YCM anymore.
Anyway, I fixed your image tag, since you used the wrong code (it wasn't showing up on here before). How did you do that filter? Looks sick.

So if I'm understanding this mechanic right, it's like Synchro Summoning only returning the Synchro materials back to the Deck instead of sending them to the graveyard. It's actually a balanced mechanic given the metagame today, but I'm not a fan of the whole "no level/rank" thing. Also since the Nightvision material turns back to normal once you draw it, I don't see the point of your card's OPT effect then. Unless for whatever reason you can't search for or special summon Nightvision materials, which would be silly imo.

It's a really cool concept, but you'd honestly need to present a little bit more support to see how effective it could be.
There are certain cards that can gain effects instead of being flipped down.
I did the Nightvision filter on Google Drive. I used a pen tool so that the attribute wouldn't appear dark-green.
I didn't go with Levels/Ranks/other because of two reasons. The first being that the Nightvision system can be heavily abused if they were able to be used for a Synchro/Xyz Summon. Let's just say you got Ancient Fairy Dragon out on the field, and you would Nightvision Summon a Level 6 monster, and use that card's effect to flip a card in your Deck face-down. Instead, you'd be able to get out a Tuner, and be able to use it to "Level Up Synchro" I like to call it. You just keep going up a Level in the Synchroing system. The fact that you could Xyz with them would just become crazy. You could Xyz into Daigusto Emeral and recycle like crazy, including the used Nightvision attachments, I know it seems too good to pass up, but trust me. Once I start releasing the made Nightvision Cards, you won't be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Extra Deck Monster Type: Nightvision   New Extra Deck Monster Type: Nightvision I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Extra Deck Monster Type: Nightvision
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charmers Yu-Gi-Oh! :: Eria the Water Charmer and Gigobyte's Yu-Gi-Oh!-Related Hall :: Custom Cards-
Jump to: